Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

He would get more in a trade than any other player on the roster. If we had picked up his option, he'd get more yet. how Sammy got to be the scapegoat is beyond me. I like watching my favorite team when they have exceptional players.

Not until he shows his foot is OK

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmore was not even close to Sammy in terms of talent. Not only that, he came up short in the clutch and gave up key first downs and other big plays. Tell me, in all the time he was here, how many games did he win for us?

NE could sign him because they have about 100 billion dollars in cap space. If he busts out in Foxboro the Pats will be fine as long as they have Brady in top form.

He DOES have some talent but his effort was lackluster and I am being kind. I know it really is hard for people to accept but Stephon Gilmore was just another name on the list of wasted draft picks for the Bills. And yes, I know he was "good" so I won't call him a "bust." But, he was a dumb selection and I said this the day he was drafted.

When Gilmore was being properly utilized he produced at a top 10 CB level - and he did so consistently. That's pretty damn good. Watson has shown flashes of being a dominant WR, but he has not done so consistently and he sure hasn't PRODUCED at the level of a top WR. Injuries have obviously been a factor. But that's the rub with Watson. His production has not matched his talent. Gilmore's did before Rex put him on an island.

Why does any of this crap even matter?

He is clearly one of the most talented players on the team....probably at the very top of the list. But everyone wants to pout and whine and cry and get rid of him because of it? It makes no sense and it is an irrational response.

How about we get all the Sammy haters a little trophy that says "I was right about that trade" and you can put it in your trophy case forever. In exchange for that we can keep Sammy instead of watching him make the hall of fame for the Raiders, Seahawks, Cardinals or Bucs and you can all keep quiet and just stare at your trophy case when you want to feel vindicated.

How bout the Bills SAVE $15Million/yr to spend on more productive players?

Right and that statement is an indictment on OBD for their lack of favorable team contracts. Looking at the roster there is very few players who I would designate as "tradeable". If they are talented then their contract sucks, 25, 99, 85, 55 etc.

The only players whose talent exceeds their contract all play on the oline.

Why is this so hard? :)

3 years ago, I predicted that we'd be arguing about what we gave up for Sammy for the next 4+ years. Still going strong with no end in sight. The three biggest factors in him signing an extension are 1) his health 2) his play 3) the fact no one with the team has any ties to him except maybe Russ, if that still matters. If the first two aren't hit out of the park, the third is going to be a huge factor imo. Edited by YoloinOhio

3 years ago, I predicted that we'd be arguing about what we gave up for Sammy for the next 4+ years. Still going strong with no end in sight.

I will not ask which quatrains contained this info, Mr Nostradamus. I'm sure it's in there.

(But I am confused by people who need to argue this, we know what we gave up, and what we got....what's the question?)

I will not ask which quatrains contained this info, Mr Nostradamus. I'm sure it's in there.

(But I am confused by people who need to argue this, we know what we gave up, and what we got....what's the question?)

Who is more right or who knows how to phrase it better.

BS

He has been a big whiff and has the potential to be the skills position vsn of Maybin.

If we can get a late 1st, let him go. Pile up some power for an ACTUAL qb next year.

Now he's Maybin.

Do people even know what they are watching on Sunday?

He has been a big whiff and has the potential to be the skills position vsn of Maybin.

If we can get a late 1st, let him go. Pile up some power for an ACTUAL qb next year.

Maybin? That guy couldn't play , not sure what you are watching. Say what you will about Watkins injury issues, but if you've watched him and thought he can't play the position you simply don't know football.

When Gilmore was being properly utilized he produced at a top 10 CB level - and he did so consistently. That's pretty damn good. Watson has shown flashes of being a dominant WR, but he has not done so consistently and he sure hasn't PRODUCED at the level of a top WR. Injuries have obviously been a factor. But that's the rub with Watson. His production has not matched his talent. Gilmore's did before Rex put him on an island.

When Gilmore is healthy and used properly he has shown to be very good

When Sammy gets the same qualifiers he has shown GREAT

You are judging Sammy at the lowest point in a smaller sample is really the difference

Please tell me you are joking. This is about as ignorant a post as I have read around here.

All this off a random radio station's guess?

Happy offseason

Evidently there is support for this notion around these parts.

I am not pleased by the numbers that Watson has put up. I just don't think that Gilmore and Sammy are even almost on the same level in terms of talent.

I think I know what you mean by the term "properly utilized," but imo that is WAY too wide a window. He is big enough to play zone and talented enough to play man. It's almost like the cliché that Spiller was "good in space." From what I saw, the effort just was not there.

I would rather keep Watkins for another year but if we got one more 1st round pick, I wouldn't be heartbroken by a trade. Wrt Gilmore, I am glad that he is gone and while I did not and do not endorse the 1st round pick we spent to replace him, I predict that there will be little to no difference.

Jmo.

They better be sure Logan Thomas and another guy can be a legit threat. I get it would be nice to have a cost controlled young player. Who's trading a first though? Detroit? Ravens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk