Bills Release OT Cyrus Kouandjio and Sign WR Rod Streater

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently 2 of the top 5 best tackles available going into the 2014 draft for the price of a cup of coffee. Robinson was supposed to be a sure thing

It would be interesting to re-read what some of our draft gurus at TBD thought of him...

from what I'm reading, apparently they are lucky to have gotten anything for him based on how bad he was. He was spending more time learning rap lyrics than studying the playbook...

Maybe he should use the playbook to come up with his rap lyrics? This way he can still rap and learn the playbook at the same time.

I love this moves by the Lions. Get former top picks for nothing. Good low cost, high reward move. It was one of the main reasons I loved the Hughes trade.

Hard to believe it but Detroit is a solid organization.

Robinson is a low risk/low reward player. If CK gets his issues under control, he could be high reward.

Sounds like a lose, lose for both teams.

@SBNationNFL

The Rams got 8 players out of the RGIII draft trade. After sending Greg Robinson to the Lions, only 2 are left: https://t.co/fW7DLcZoTp

Thats a crazy stat.

Ahhh remember that time Jeff Fisher sent all those guys out for the coin toss?

:lol::lol:

Trolling is good for the NFL. Hope they dont start getting flagged for it.

@profootballtalk

Lions willing to give Cyrus Kouandjio a second chance, even if no one will say what for

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/16/lions-willing-to-give-cyrus-kouandjio-a-second-chance/

Good move. He seemed to be really coming into his own. I hope he was cut because he was crazy and not just because he wasn't "their guy."

apparently 2 of the top 5 best tackles available going into the 2014 draft for the price of a cup of coffee. Robinson was supposed to be a sure thing

The track record for O-linemen selected in the top five (or 10) is not good. There are a few exceptions, but it's not a smart way to use a premium pick. Edited by mannc

Yes. A high second rounder getting cut in year 4 after maxing out as a backup is a bust.

So unless a second round pick is a starter he is a bust? That would mean a very, very high percentage of busts in the second round by every team.

Yes. A high second rounder getting cut in year 4 after maxing out as a backup is a bust.

He played well filling in for Glenn at LT last yr.

Even with the chronic knee condition likely shortening his career, they should have kept him. If new staff is cutting guys just because they did not draft or sign them then they have about 38 more to cut before opening day. Even more considering Whaley was responsible for most of the new guys.

Edited by cba fan

He played well filling in for Glenn at LT last yr.

Even with the chronic knee condition likely shortening his career, they should have kept him. If new staff is cutting guys just because they did not draft or sign them then they have about 38 more to cut before opening day. Even more considering Whaley was responsible for most of the new guys.

i don't think they are cutting guys just for those reasons. They are cutting guys who don't fit the scheme, have contracts that outweigh production, or are fringe guys who aren't available to practice. Castillo's blocking scheme needs OTs who can move.

End of the Josh Woodrum era.

And I was so impressed with the strides he'd made with his footwork.

EDIT: wait a minute ... who the hell was Josh Woodrum?

Is Kouandjio really a bust? He was playing pretty well in a backup role last season. He is still very young and has some ability.

I recall a thread of about 30 pages entitled "is Kouandjio a bust." I think someone should find it and finish it off with a definitive yes. Was it the crappy on field performance or the splendid pants-less performance? Either way ... yet another Whaley bust.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

I recall a thread of about 30 pages entitled "is Kouandjio a bust." I think someone should find it and finish it off with a definitive yes. Was it the crappy on field performance or the splendid pants-less performance? Either way ... yet another Whaley bust.

I also recall many threads last season calling for Kouandjio to supplant Glenn as the starting LT and to move Glenn to RT. So that doesn't really sound like people who thought he was a bust. But I get it, now that he's not a Bill anymore it's time to crap on him.

I do find it strange though that everyone who leaves sucked in the fans eyes and everyone who arrives is a great add... yet the team doesn't seem to improve from season to season.

Edited by vincec

I also recall many threads last season calling for Kouandjio to supplant Glenn as the starting LT and to move Glenn to RT. So that doesn't really sound like people who thought he was a bust. But I get it, now that he's not a Bill anymore it's time to crap on him.

I do find it strange though that everyone who leaves sucked in the fans eyes and everyone who arrives is a great add... yet the team doesn't seem to improve from season to season.

Kujo was a bust before he left.

Look.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/187874-is-cyrus-kouandjio-still-a-bust/

Edited by jmc12290

Kujo was a bust as a right tackle but when he had to fill in at left tackle he was actually pretty competent. I was surprised they wouldn't have tried to kick the tires on him during training camp, he could position himself into a backup role.. But I guess a behavioral slip up and a decent amount of depth at tackle (Mills returns, Dawkins was a high draft pick, and Sentral Henderson could be an intriguing option, they also added Vlad Ducasse who could swing out to tackle.

I think had maybe Cyrus been decent at RT he might have gotten the starting job designed for him when he was drafted or he might have had at least as shot to be a swing tackle off the bench. But he was just too bad at RT and not outstanding enough in limited play at LT. Not a huge loss but an interesting cut as I could see him having some success in Detroit.

i actually see it as the exact opposite with many posters. The players who are here suck and not good enough, and then when they leave they are great or the team made a mistake