GM Doug Whaley has been fired

I know a guy who works at the News...just texted me saying Whaley is going to be fired shortly.

Just a rumor...but they know whats going on down there....]

EDIT - the source at the news is Vic Carruci.

Edited by GhostsofBillsPast

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is only a rumor please state that in your title.

Thanks....

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Is your father Vic?

This is what has been floating around here. Will be curious to find out what level of involvement Whaley had in this draft, and what caused them to make the decision to move on at this stage.

UPDATE - La Conjecture just tweeted something about it as well.

Continue to hear a major shake-up of Bills front office is very possible if not probable. Panthers assistant GM Brandon Beane top candidate

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/858482659546324996

My guy says that they are all waiting confirmation, but the news room is buzzing about it.

Please keep Whaley in some capacity! He brings a lot to the table. Maybe bring in someone else who fills the gaps in his skill set, and give him a raise to take a step back behind the curtain (that he doesn't seem comfortable in front of). No salary cap on staff.

All signs pointing to Brandon Beane from Carolina as next GM.

If this happens.......well, between that and the Bills "interestingly" trading up just in front of Carolina twice.......don't get too attached to that extra first round pick Bills fans. :flirt::lol:

If this happens.......well, between that and the Bills "interestingly" trading up just in front of Carolina twice.......don't get too attached to that extra first round pick Bills fans. :flirt::lol:

Just had the same thought #Badol....next up -- McDermott and Beane Wal-mart no contract cell phones mysteriously disappear....

Edited by JoeF

Oy, please no! Please tell me they couldn't, wouldn't......... :(

IDK is this news? It's been rumored for weeks.

It has, just felt I should share it as my guy was pretty excited when he texted me the news. Theyre pretty excited over at one news plaza.

Oh this would be the icing on top of a fantastic draft cake.

May have to bump my draft grade up a notch :lol:

The post draft interview with coach is on bb.com...watch the last two questions...I can see why Yolo surmises this..

Press conference video:

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Sean-McDermott-Contuine-to-Add-Players/ff1417e3-a830-4ce6-ac1b-c89214fd3e86

Bills scouts and personnel men told to be in the office in the AM where new of GM change could be revealed according to sources

Imagine that, a new GM before the Sabres!

JLC is always wrong, VC has been hit or miss lately. We will see. Kinda wish we had made this move back in January before we hired our coach. Would have really liked Chris Ballard. The Carolina Assitant GM is interesting tho.

Pegula still doesn't get it. Can't wait to hear of the Sabres hirings. The Pegula(s) needs to be schooled by the best executives in the NFL. I'm not sure who is advising him, but they SUCK AT IT!

:wallbash: They are finding new ways to look foolish..

It has, just felt I should share it as my dad was pretty excited when he texted me the news. Theyre pretty excited over at one news plaza.

Okay Jimmy, what are you....16? My Dad this, my Dad that....Who cares? You're just spreading a rumor because your old man is excited.

We can only hope the tracks are covered. Seems like there might be a poorly kept secret or two.

They were using code...Jones was Pirates (ECU), Dawkins was Phillies -- made it seem like they were having idle chat about baseball.

First text--I think the Pirates have a good shot of getting to the second round of the playoffs this year

Second Text-Man Jon Kruk was sure a fat Phillie -- almost like an Offensive tackle..

one thing is for certain, we need to set the organization in motion on the vision of one leader. I think Coach Megamind could be special and while I don't think DW was as bad as advertised, our front office has to be unified in purpose and methodology.