GM Doug Whaley has been fired

I wonder if Carolina goes to the NFL about tampering or something. Bills kept jumping them in the draft.

I think the Bills are A OK in that regard. They have years of convincing evidence that they have no idea what they are doing or not doing during drafts.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has, just felt I should share it as my dad was pretty excited when he texted me the news. Theyre pretty excited over at one news plaza.

Of course...they love seeing people fired...no respect for those writers

My father works at the News...just texted me saying Whaley is going to be fired shortly.

Just a rumor...but they know whats going on down there....]

EDIT - the source at the news is Vic Carruci.

Thanks Ghosts!

Wow I was wrong wrong wrong, Whaley really will be fired after the draft. Sounds like we really were using Carolina's deaft boaed too. Incredible.

IF they used Carolina's draft board, that's BS. IF true, how can a guy (McDermott) demand high character players when he and his staff cheat in their first draft?

Only asking the question IF proven true.

Whaley Blows.... Wish him the best at his next stop. -Which should be Athletic director at some Tiny D2 college..

He's going to make a pretty darn good Director of Pro Personnel in his next job, but he's just not cut out to be a GM.

In the press conference I saw, McDermott said Whaley and his staff did a great job. The possibility that maybe is not being talked about enough is maybe Whaley requested to be released from his contract. There are a few jobs including the Redskins job that he could/should be a candidate for. He accomplished a lot here like bringing players to the Bills who would have never even considered coming here in the past. He immediately becomes the best young GM on the market and his stock may never be higher. This is not an ideal job not sure why any top GM candidate would be super excited to walk into this mess. Local media is pretty much the worst the Pegulas are starting to look clueless and to be honest Doug has set the bar pretty high with personnel. Just imagine if Ragland starts next year and Lawson becomes a 7-10 sack guy? Not to mention Sammy is in a contract year and most likely will have his best year as a Bill if he plays a full season. How many GMs can say that they found two bargain bin free agents that became pro bowlers the same season? I hope he sticks around but if I was him I'm pretty sure I'm ready to get out at the top of my game and get a fresh start.

I really hate how much power McD is getting. Why we are treating this guy like Belichick is beyond me.

This was hands down the least impressed I have been with a draft and UDFA in a very long time. I think McD is going way too far with valuing players with "high character" and multiple years of production. You need to take chances in this league.

Whaley isn't going anywhere ! KC GM credited Whaley for working out the deal with KC !Nice try !!

The rumblings are getting louder about the potential demise of Doug Whaley as #Bills GM:

I really hate how much power McD is getting. Why we are treating this guy like Belichick is beyond me.

This was hands down the least impressed I have been with a draft and UDFA in a very long time. I think McD is going way too far with valuing players with "high character" and multiple years of production. You need to take chances in this league.

Because Whaley has done so well. SMH

In the press conference I saw, McDermott said Whaley and his staff did a great job. The possibility that maybe is not being talked about enough is maybe Whaley requested to be released from his contract. There are a few jobs including the Redskins job that he could/should be a candidate for. He accomplished a lot here like bringing players to the Bills who would have never even considered coming here in the past. He immediately becomes the best young GM on the market and his stock may never be higher. This is not an ideal job not sure why any top GM candidate would be super excited to walk into this mess. Local media is pretty much the worst the Pegulas are starting to look clueless and to be honest Doug has set the bar pretty high with personnel. Just imagine if Ragland starts next year and Lawson becomes a 7-10 sack guy? Not to mention Sammy is in a contract year and most likely will have his best year as a Bill if he plays a full season. How many GMs can say that they found two bargain bin free agents that became pro bowlers the same season? I hope he sticks around but if I was him I'm pretty sure I'm ready to get out at the top of my game and get a fresh start.

The Buffalo media are tough and Washington DC is not? Are you serious? :lol:

And how dare you say Pegula's are STARTING to look clueless?

As for Shaq and Ragnuts and Sammy........they NEED to have good years........that's 3 of their top 5 picks in DW's last 3 seasons. The others, Darby and Kujo need to play a lot better too.

Edited by #BADOL

Russ finally told Pegs that Whaley had to go and the swamp must be drained!

He and McDermott are on the same page now.

That would be vintage Russ :lol: ... but I will choose to believe on this most glorious night that he is truly out of the picture or at least very, very far away from football operations.

I know a guy who works at the News...just texted me saying Whaley is going to be fired shortly.

Just a rumor...but they know whats going on down there....]

EDIT - the source at the news is Vic Carruci.

For a guy who is going, he sure went all out in this draft got give him props for that, even though I wouldn't have traded the third rounders.

Whaley has been jerked around during his Bills tenure. From Marrone to Rex and now, apparently, done in by the coach he helped hire. He needs to go just for the sake of his sanity.

Done in -why-because he was infatuated with EJ?

Done in -why-because he was infatuated with EJ?

Yeah, giving the first QB off the draft board a grand total of 17 starts before declining to pick up his option sure is an infatuation. <_<

All these people are so impressed with McDermott must believe he was hired to be GM or director of personnel or something. BTW he couldn't possibly have had anything to do with this draft other than giving his opinion on who he thinks is a good fit for his system. I'm not impressed even a little until the guy who was hired to be the head coach wins some games, at least give me a preseason game or something. I've been down this road too many times with this team to get all pumped that the coach says all the right things. I'll admit I like the guy I think he has the chance to be great but just like he said in his own press briefing everyone has to earn it including him. Why this guy is being treated like Bill Parcells before his first mini-camp I can't understand.

Edited by Madd Charlie

There are likely going to be some guys around the scouting department being moved.

That said, I really don't believe Doug is in trouble.

while you know facts thru sources etc. I have a feeling as well this could just be a football guy from Carolina hired by the bills to run the scouting and draft stiff. And Whaley stays.