GM Doug Whaley has been fired

My theory:

Whaley wanted to promote Anthony Lynn to HC. Pegula's became enamoured with McDermott who expressed interest in job but demanded he be able to pick his GM or control roster. Pegula's agreed to McDermotts demands, which they were forced to do because other NFL teams were willing to give it to him. Whaley becomes odd man out but is still under contract. McDermott and Whaley agree to proposal by pegulas to work together for the upcoming draft and free agency, after which McDermott will be bring over Brandon Beane and in doing so Whaley is assured of a release from his contract.

Also side note: If all of this is true Brandon Beane was likely a mole inside the panthers draft room for the bills, because we conveniently traded ahead of them to secure players they may have also been targeting <---- Roger Goodell league investigation perhaps?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

infatuated or didn't give up on him in year 1? He did sign TT to pretty much be the starter didn't he? He actually had some decent games as a rookie, didn't make sense to give up on him right away. Ridiculous criticism.

He is and was never good enough. He had to be benched in 2014. Ryan wanted Taylor, not Whaley. Mcdermott wanted Taylor, not Whaley.

My theory:

Whaley wanted to promote Anthony Lynn to HC. Pegula's became enamoured with McDermott who expressed interest in job but demanded he be able to pick his GM or control roster. Pegula's agreed to McDermotts demands, which they were forced to do because other NFL teams were willing to give it to him. Whaley becomes odd man out but is still under contract. McDermott and Whaley agree to proposal by pegulas to work together for the upcoming draft and free agency, after which McDermott will be bring over Brandon Beane and in doing so Whaley is assured of a release from his contract.

Also side note: If all of this is true Brandon Beane was likely a mole inside the panthers draft room for the bills, because we conveniently traded ahead of them to secure players they may have also been targeting <---- Roger Goodell league investigation perhaps?

Good speculation. I like McDermott.

Why are we still talking about EJ? You do know he plays for the Raiders right?

Because he is one of the downfalls of Whaley.

My theory:

nah, I refuse to believe that there was something fishy going on, for this reason, a first time HC, and possible first time GM wouldn't risk their careers over something so obvious

Regardless of what you think of him, it is so ugly how they have handled the Whaley situation. If he is fired tomorrow, the way they left him hanging out there is classless.

Both organizations under Pegula are hard to root for. The way they left Rex out to dry, Pegula making an "executive decision", extending Murray then firing him, LaFontaine quitting, undercutting - the rumors and leaks are still flying.

nah, I refuse to believe that there was something fishy going on, for this reason, a first time HC, and possible first time GM wouldn't risk their careers over something so obvious

It's probably more that they both like the same kind of players, hence why they want to work together again in an expanded capacity.

It's probably more that they both like the same kind of players, hence why they want to work together again in an expanded capacity.

I think Whaley was responsible for the most recent leaks with ryan. whaley is no Saint.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/138045-beane-was-the-mole/

Beane was the mole, per Carolina retards who think they know football but don't because they're carolina panther fans and seriously among the dumbest in football iq

aaaaaaaaand...

their thread talking about losing him:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/138039-bills-courting-brandon-beane-richardson-would-be-ticked/

i hope we smack the **** out of these idiots. i cannot stand their fanbase

also, per them per walter football.

Not one of the four picks we took that they supposedly had on their board visited us.

again, i think it is overblown and i fully believe that it will be an investigation and gooddell will impose some bull **** consequence despite no truly factual informaion being found... but i could care less about this incident. it's stupid if at all true but i don't frankly care.

Both organizations under Pegula are hard to root for. The way they left Rex out to dry, Pegula making an "executive decision", extending Murray then firing him, LaFontaine quitting, undercutting - the rumors and leaks are still flying.

Shirley you can't be serious. Left Rex out to dry? He was a complete and utter train wreck the whole time he was here. At what point to you think Rex was going to suddenly get a grip on things?

How much of a draft is disrupted if you get rid of the GM immediately after the season as opposed to waiting until after the draft?

I honestly don't know but if Whaley goes tomorrow it must be that the thought was a lot would be disrupted and Whaley did the ownership and new coach a favor by staying on.

If it happens, as it definitely should, you'd have to think that this was planned awhile ago. Whaley would have seen the writing on the wall.

I think it's more that the replacements won't be allowed to leave until after the draft so you might as well hold onto them until others will be released to promotions.

Good speculation. I like McDermott.

Because he is one of the downfalls of Whaley.

Just saying your focused on EJ but you dont mention Gillislee Seymour Alexander Watkins Darby Taylor Woods Henderson (7th round pick starter) Miller Karlos Williams ect. Do you like any of them? That doesnt even include another 5-6 guys from the last two drafts that will be starters on this team in the fall. Why are you so consistently focused on the negative?

McDermott was with Carolina the entire season. He wasn't acting like he didn't know what he was doing in the draft room. He seemed like a seasoned veteran. You don't think he was privy to the Carolina draft room, scouts, etc. while he was there? He is a student of the game. Andy Reid taught him. When Andy Reid left Philly I'm sure he knew players Philly liked in the draft. McDermott is an astute student of the NFL, and is acting more like a veteran HC than some green rookie coach. This is McDermott's team.

May have to bump my draft grade up a notch :lol:

Press conference video:

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Sean-McDermott-Contuine-to-Add-Players/ff1417e3-a830-4ce6-ac1b-c89214fd3e86

Jason La CanforaVerified account @JasonLaCanfora

Follow

More

Bills scouts and personnel men told to be in the office in the AM where new of GM change could be revealed according to sources

Imagine that, a new GM before the Sabres!

Love this coach, wants tough gritty smart players here, won't be long before we are contenders.

Also not saying that Doug was staying pretty much means that he and staff are gone.

May have to bump my draft grade up a notch :lol:

Press conference video:

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Sean-McDermott-Contuine-to-Add-Players/ff1417e3-a830-4ce6-ac1b-c89214fd3e86

Bills scouts and personnel men told to be in the office in the AM where new of GM change could be revealed according to sources

Imagine that, a new GM before the Sabres!

Just saw this on Ch. 7 Sports.

Just saying your focused on EJ but you dont mention Gillislee Seymour Alexander Watkins Darby Taylor Woods Henderson (7th round pick starter) Miller Karlos Williams ect. Do you like any of them? That doesnt even include another 5-6 guys from the last two drafts that will be starters on this team in the fall. Why are you so consistently focused on the negative?

Some of them are not on the roster anymore and Dawkins will replace Henderson. Is this a joke?

also, per them per walter football.

Not one of the four picks we took that they supposedly had on their board visited us.

again, i think it is overblown and i fully believe that it will be an investigation and gooddell will impose some bull **** consequence despite no truly factual informaion being found... but i could care less about this incident. it's stupid if at all true but i don't frankly care.

What do you mean you don't care?

That you don't care if McDermott is a phony and a snake who snagged the draft info owned by one of Terry Pegula's partners?

If it happened, I don't *care* about that either(if not caught) but it would break a lot of hearts here and might put the Pegula's in an awkward spot. :lol:

Well, this makes the organization look even more like a complete cluster f*ck. I feel bad for Whaley. He has had 3 coaches to deal with in 4 years. Three scheme changes on both sides of the ball. He has still managed to assemble more talent on this team than we have seen in a decade. The coaching staffs failed him, mainly Rex failed him. Now he is getting the axe right after a highly rated draft by all who rate such things? Amazing. Only in Buffalo. You couldn't make this sh*t up if you tried.

Was hoping for better with Pegula but we are apparently destined to be a second rate organization. Check back in a few years and compare DW's moves to those of his successor and I have a feeling even his haters will concede he did as well as anyone could under the same circumstances (and, if you saddle him with being responsible for EJ during Buddy's draft, you gotta give him credit with the picks this year and that includes whatever the extra first rounder we got in 2018 nets us).

No. TT was signed to compete.

ok, the opportunity to start, the infatuation comment is still pretty ridiculous. He gave EJ a chance, but was backup most of his career. No infatuation. Just a word idiots like sullivan et al like to use to heap more criticism on whaley.

My theory:

Logical. Whaley gets paid to be gone like Rex, has a great draft and looks for a new job next year. Don't know about the Beane guy though he didn't get the San Fran job and they were pretty desperate. Hes not Whaley though and thats pretty much as high as the bar gets as far as some are concerned.

"We've reviewed the overnight draft grades from the experts..........and the consensus is a B- so we have decided that you should all be retained. Congratulations."

ok, the opportunity to start, the infatuation comment is still pretty ridiculous. He gave EJ a chance, but was backup most of his career. No infatuation. Just a word idiots like sullivan et al like to use to heap more criticism on whaley.

Whaley claimed EJ had the "it" factor.

What do you mean you don't care?

That you don't care if McDermott is a phony and a snake who snagged the draft info owned by one of Terry Pegula's partners?

If it happened, I don't *care* about that either(if not caught) but it would break a lot of hearts here and might put the Pegula's in an awkward spot. :lol:

i see it an unpossible to prove.

i see it as not that strange of an incident as a ton of information gets leaked out before hand as well as pictures of draft boards, etc.

if we get a first round pick taken from us i'll only be upset that it is the dirt bag carolina panthers.

All these people are so impressed with McDermott must believe he was hired to be GM or director of personnel or something. BTW he couldn't possibly have had anything to do with this draft other than giving his opinion on who he thinks is a good fit for his system. I'm not impressed even a little until the guy who was hired to be the head coach wins some games, at least give me a preseason game or something. I've been down this road too many times with this team to get all pumped that the coach says all the right things. I'll admit I like the guy I think he has the chance to be great but just like he said in his own press briefing everyone has to earn it including him. Why this guy is being treated like Bill Parcells before his first mini-camp I can't understand.

WHo's treating him like Bill Parcell's? Very curious to hear.

Some of them are not on the roster anymore and Dawkins will replace Henderson. Is this a joke?

lol was it a joke when you were talking about EJ who also is not on the team. Whaley does not do contracts so whether they are on the team or not is beside the point. They are good players right? Whaley brought them on the team right? The GM has been doing the scouting for this draft before McDermott got here right? So even if Dawkins does replace him and I hope he does the GM played a big part in him being here too. It's not that hard your focused on the negative and like many others block out all the positives to justify how you feel. No body who has any clue will agree that EJ is the beginning or end of Whaley did for the Bills.