RD 2, Pick 37: Zay Jones (WR) - ECU

@viccarucci Hearing #Bills unlikely to pick up 5th-year option on Sammy Watkins by May 2 deadline. Not while he's still recovering from foot surgery.

Maybe Vic should clean out his ears.

@MatthewFairburn

Sean McDermott said the Zay Jones pick does not factor into Bills' decision on Sammy Watkins' fifth-year option.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@viccarucci Hearing #Bills unlikely to pick up 5th-year option on Sammy Watkins by May 2 deadline. Not while he's still recovering from foot surgery.

Still recovering from foot surgery? He is off throwing down on slobs at the local gym! Something seems weird

Great pick on Zay Jones. My guess is the Panthers would have taken him. The Bills probably thought they had to get ahead of them for sure.

Jones is another pick with strong credentials in leadership (captain), and intelligence. Starting to see a trend in who McDermott likes to pick.

Seems like they're targeting players who showed consistent production throughout their college careers.

Which is what a GM should do. I've never understood the thinking that you take someone with great physical attributes and somehow make him into a good football player at the NFL level. Guys who were winners in college tend to be winners at the next level.

I like the 2 guys we drafted, they both seem like quality guys and if they both start it's a bonus. I'm hoping Duke Riley is still there for us in the 3rd and I'll be ecstatic.

That would be great. Wonder if Zach Cunningham will be there for us in the 3rd.

High on SPARQ rating. 6th on WR list. Don't know much about him beyond that. Judging by the trade and first two picks, it sure looks like McD is down with analytics.

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/wr/

Reading some of the scouting reports, it sounded like he may not be the most athletic guy and his production was more a result of the system than him dominating. This makes me feel a lot better about it.

He is a good WR, but not worth losing our additional 3rd for. Should have stayed patient

Yeah I don't like the decision making.

Davis, Williams, Ross went in the first, but after that every WR was still left on the board.

Not worth losing 58 positions.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

Shocker you don't like a player not named Mahomes.

In defense of Jeff he did give a list of players he liked and reasons why. He is really taking it on the chin with the Mahomes thing the past two days. It was over the top leading up to the draft, I agree but does everything have to revert back to that?

Seems like he knows his stuff, plenty of folks who don't and are just bashing for the sake of it.

You guys not liking giving up the extra 3rd...why do you think we got that pick in the first place? So we could guarantee getting the guy we wanted.

Trading up to reach for another receiver. Watkins 2.0.

OMG I thought moving over here from the other boards would mean less whining.

You guys not liking giving up the extra 3rd...why do you think we got that pick in the first place? So we could guarantee getting the guy we wanted.

Not when the same whiners moved over too

In defense of Jeff he did give a list of players he liked and reasons why. He is really taking it on the chin with the Mahomes thing the past two days. It was over the top leading up to the draft, I agree but does everything have to revert back to that?

Seems like he knows his stuff, plenty of folks who don't and are just bashing for the sake of it.

I posted my love for Tre White before the pick but I'm a hater.

Actually seems to be more..