Sammy's foot fully healthy already??

Big Turk

What an odd picture! The red shirt is catching his breath like Dareus. Black shirt is putting in Mario Williams effort to block. White shirt got next game, but his face is blurred out? Why him? Is he a celebrity?

You mean the same Mario Williams who absolutely dominated before Rex decided to miscast the guy?

14.5 ... hard to put up those kind of sack totals without putting in much effort.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills need a trainer like this one

Eric Weddle: Ravens will be 'strongest' team in history
The Ravens are channeling their health hopes through one man: director of performance Steve Saunders, who has one veteran raving and making bold predictions.
"I can guarantee you this: We will be the strongest, most in-shape Ravens team that this team has ever had," safety Eric Weddle said, via ESPN.
As if Eric did not hit hard enough in the past , watch out
Edited by ALF

The Bills need a trainer like this one

Eric Weddle: Ravens will be 'strongest' team in history

The Ravens are channeling their health hopes through one man: director of performance Steve Saunders, who has one veteran raving and making bold predictions.

"I can guarantee you this: We will be the strongest, most in-shape Ravens team that this team has ever had," safety Eric Weddle said, via ESPN.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801943/article/eric-weddle-ravens-will-be-strongest-team-in-history

As if Eric did not hit hard enough in the past , watch out

fwiw I remember Bills players saying that same thing in 2014. They didn't have a lot of injuries that year so I guess they were right.

Maybe he should keep with the team directives?

In the end his hard headed attitude will end up sabotaging his own career. If he is too obtuse to understand why with his type of foot injury there is a need for caution and prudence then he is a fool.

In the end his hard headed attitude will end up sabotaging his own career. If he is too obtuse to understand why with his type of foot injury there is a need for caution and prudence then he is a fool.

I'll continue with my first posts theme of not knowing what discussions are going on behind the scenes with medical folks... but being a little nervous on this one even as a Sammy fan

You mean the same Mario Williams who absolutely dominated before Rex decided to miscast the guy?

14.5 ... hard to put up those kind of sack totals without putting in much effort.

No, the one that Rex miscast, and I guess the Miami one, too. Dareus was in shape at one point too. Anyway, it was a joke. Maybe not a good one, but simply a joke. Regardless, why is the guy in the white shirt blurred?

Edited by leonbus23

No, the one that Rex miscast, and I guess the Miami one, too. Dareus was in shape at one point too. Anyway, it was a joke. Maybe not a good one, but simply a joke. Regardless, why is the guy in the white shirt blurred?

He called in sick that day? Witness Protection? His face is just like that? It is a curious thing.

He called in sick that day? Witness Protection? His face is just like that? It is a curious thing.

The guys in the foreground, including an NFL receiver, are plain as day. Especially black shirt. With face identification software, we can know him immediately. But that little guy way in the back needs his identity hidden. Weird.

Yea blame Rex for Mario... Rex did a ton of horrible things but Mario did that to himself.

My buddy posted a pic on Facebook of him and a friend with Sammy Watkins after playing pickup basketball together on the same team today at LA Fitness...

Apparently Watkins foot must be fully healed? Posted they were 4-0 in pickup games and Watkins dunked one of his put back attempts that bounced off the rim...

Either way, that is definitely a good sign...

he'll hit his peak just in time for free agency and his agent will get him out of Dodge for 15m after this year unless Bills franchise him, which will totally piss him off

Maybe he should keep with the team directives?

Said it then and will repeat now, they should have brought Anquan Boldin 3 years ago.

Former top HS player in nation who overcame injuries to become a hard-nosed, no-nonsense superstar turned clutch performer/winner with a SB ring.......and one of the most respected men in all of football.

Watkins is just an immature young guy.

He doesn't know what he doesn't know about being a finished product or a great teammate.

Not surprisingly nobody in that WR room can tell him otherwise because he clearly doesn't respect the organization's opinion.

And why would somebody who has been at entitled as Watkins since he got to Clemson?

The organization hasn't proven they know how to pass the football and they haven't had a receiver with anywhere near his ability to set an example.

I have not seen a update on Ragland since this one in Jan

According to Matthew Fairburn, Ragland’s rehab is progressing fairly smoothly, and although he is not yet cutting, he should be ready to return in August. ACL tears usually take 7-12 months to heal, and since Ragland tore his last August, it makes sense to target that month as the one where he will try to be full-go again.

Said it then and will repeat now, they should have brought Anquan Boldin 3 years ago.

Former top HS player in nation who overcame injuries to become a hard-nosed, no-nonsense superstar turned clutch performer/winner with a SB ring.......and one of the most respected men in all of football.

Watkins is just an immature young guy.

He doesn't know what he doesn't know about being a finished product or a great teammate.

Not surprisingly nobody in that WR room can tell him otherwise because he clearly doesn't respect the organization's opinion.

And why would somebody who has been at entitled as Watkins since he got to Clemson?

The organization hasn't proven they know how to pass the football and they haven't had a receiver with anywhere near his ability to set an example.

Good post. This has always been one of my questions with Sammy. He was big at Clemson, then the Bills make a huge trade to get him. He was elevated to a status he didn't earn. I don't know how willing he is to do the little things. I've always got the impression that Sammy thinks he deserves better.

Oh, gimme a break! -Who here REALLY believes Sammy will play the whole season before his foot gets the better of him? We NEED to draft a reliable target so the cupboard isn't bare when 14 goes out.

i think he'll play the whole season this year. he's in his prime and this foot thing took just about as long as the doctors predicted it would last year.

but i still agree with you that we need to draft another reliable target even with Sammy in the game. Don't think it will be round 1 though. McDermott has his chance to add some serious defensive talent here and he's pushing for some speed at LB and safety in the 1st two rounds.

Welp. McD has a spy at LA Fitness?

I'm not admitting to anything!

Now, I'll be moving in with The Deflator at an unnamed location. He seems like a decent roomie....

This was released by the Bills today:

Watkins is currently not cleared to participate fully in the teams offseason conditioning program and is not expect to participate in the OTA practice sessions coming up in a couple of weeks. The receiver is on schedule to be cleared for the start of training camp in late July.

This was released by the Bills today:

Watkins is currently not cleared to participate fully in the teams offseason conditioning program and is not expect to participate in the OTA practice sessions coming up in a couple of weeks. The receiver is on schedule to be cleared for the start of training camp in late July.

And some jagoffs on here are giving him crap for not being in the practices.

• 1 month later...

How do you build chemestry when half of the formula is NOT there.

Sammy is risking everything for himself and the Bills - immature and irresponsible.

IF the Bills are entertaining offers - THIS IS WHY.

For Pete's sake maybe he should crawl into sealed containment unit and only emerge at training camp.

Has anyone thought how his lungs might get hurt with all that brreathing he does? I heard a rumor that he even breathes while he is sleeping. SELFISH AND IMMATURE. Stop breathing until camp Sammy.

Edited by 4merper4mer

For Pete's sake maybe he should crawl into sealed containment unit and only emerge at training camp.

Has anyone thought how his lungs might get hurt with all that brreathing he does? I heard a rumor that he even breathes while he is sleeping. SELFISH AND IMMATURE. Stop breathing until camp Sammy.

I mean...its not an issue until it is?

If he comes up lame people will point back to coming off a very bad injury and these off season things

Maybe....just MAYBE that is why the trade rumors are floating. Maybe the bills have already discussed this with Sammy and his response to that has been "its my life I will do what I want"

To which McD and Bean's response is......time to start preparing a plan B in case Sammy gets hurt again.

My own opinion? I hope its not even an issue and we are all hand wringing over nothing.....i want to see Sammy own it this year and get a new deal from us.