Sammy's foot fully healthy already??

Big Turk

My buddy posted a pic on Facebook of him and a friend with Sammy Watkins after playing pickup basketball together on the same team today at LA Fitness...

Apparently Watkins foot must be fully healed? Posted they were 4-0 in pickup games and Watkins dunked one of his put back attempts that bounced off the rim...

Either way, that is definitely a good sign...

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy posted a pic on Facebook of him and a friend with Sammy Watkins after playing pickup basketball together on the same team today at LA Fitness...

Apparently Watkins foot must be fully healed? Posted they were 4-0 in pickup games and Watkins dunked one of his put back attempts that bounced off the rim...

...in our minds, we minimize the effects of a foot injury.....after this, it makes you appreciate what the kid was up against.....sure as hell hope he is healed............

The foot and ankle contain: 26 bones (One-quarter of the bones in the human body are in the feet.); 33 joints; more than 100 muscles, tendons and ligaments (Tendons are fibrous tissues that connect muscles to bones and ligaments are fibrous tissues that connect bones to other bones.);

Either a great sign or on their way to aggravating it if not actually cleared

Wonder why he wasn't practicing with the team last prqctice?

i don't know that, but the reports have been good from the Bills and he played ball a lot there last year too as I recall

Last year his foot was too bad to play football.

He is there playing B-Ball but still can't join in practice - wait WHAT?

Great pastime for an underachieving and oft injured football player. Guys never hurt their foot playing basketball. <_<

Great pastime for an underachieving and oft injured football player. Guys never hurt their foot playing basketball.

I think part of the frustration last year from the Bills was that he trained hard and not smart.....and was putting unnecessary wear and tear on his body.

Did hoops have anything to do with his initial foot injury? Perhaps.

Either way the guy is shredded and probably needs to learn how to swim so he's not beating up his legs/joints getting conditioned.

If they are concerned about him hurting himself playing hoops........maybe making him play this season in limbo between no contract and a franchise tag will encourage him focus on playing this year like it's his walk year and to not take chances away from the field.

i am as frustrated with the injury last year as everyone

but come on...these guys are people to....are they not allowed to live like a human being?

Now...I will say this....it seems to me that hard wood floors of a basketball gym are not conducive to coming off a jones fracture.....and that is my non doctor opinion

If he's playing basketball, I have to think he feels the foot is good. That's enough for me.

He doesn't need to live in a bubble just because the Bills haven't picked up his option. They will but if they don't he's going to get paid.

Go play hoops if you want to Sammy.

If he's playing basketball, I have to think he feels the foot is good. That's enough for me.

He doesn't need to live in a bubble just because the Bills haven't picked up his option. They will but if they don't he's going to get paid.

Go play hoops if you want to Sammy.

Yeah, I guess you missed the part about him playing hoops LAST YEAR too. Then he comes to camp and someone "stepped on" his foot...