One NFL team called Browns to trade for #1 to draft a QB.

PIZ

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not considered a strong draft class. Trading the farm to get the first pick would be foolish. Get a QB in other rounds.

Trading the farm and giving up multiple picks like we did for Sammy while having to fill the roster out without cheap draft commodities is a terrible way to completely destroy the cap and continue on down that below average w/l record.

Trading the farm and giving up multiple picks like we did for Sammy while having to fill the roster out without cheap draft commodities is a terrible way to completely destroy the cap and continue on down that below average w/l record.

I agree.

Tribusky's agents seem to be doing a wonderful job pumping their clients hype with a week to go until the draft. Who benefits the most by creating a lot of false demand for his client? The the client and the agent. All the smoke you hear this time of year is agent driven and every agents job is to hype their clients prospects. Tribusky is in for a long wait on Thursday, IMO.

I don't buy all this smoke about a QB going in the the top 5 and if one goes in the top 10 I think it'll be Mahomes not Tribusky. Just go watch Tribusky's games vs. VT, NC. St. and Duke on youtube. After watching those games tell me if you'd be excited about drafting him in the 1st round. If you have 2 working eyes my guess is that you will be totally underwhelmed with Tribusky. He's a mess.

Many teams in the top 5 would love to trade down and "steal" an additional 2nd round pick so I expect to hear a lot more rumors & smoke to try and create false demand for those picks. The truth is no team is moving up into the top 7 picks to get Tribusky. He will likely be on the board when the Bills pick at #10 (unless the Browns make the mistake of leapfrogging us to take him), and the Bills will pass on him. He's not good folks! Check that VT game if you only have time to watch 1. You will see what I'm talking about with your own 2 eyes!

Edited by Estro

Yes how would any team know a team trading up wants a QB. The team trading up sure as hell would not say.

The could want Myles Garrett more likely.

Exactly. Why would anyone believe this "nugget" from Sashi Brown, of all people?

The Jets desperately need a QB and were rumored at one time to be highly interested in Trubisky. They are not too far down the ladder to make a move for the #1 pick overall. Who knows though, there's so much smoke around draft time, especially this one, everybody is lying through their teeth.

It's not considered a strong draft class. Trading the farm to get the first pick would be foolish. Get a QB in other rounds.

It's funny when a draft class is called weak yet almost all NFL teams still can't identify a surefire franchise QB unless he's Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning. The whole "this is a weak draft class, next years will be much better" is getting old fast, last year at this time I remember numerous posters on the BBMB probably yourself included said the same thing last season, lets wait until next year and take Deshaun Watson, I heard Watsons name a bunch of times. Now a bunch of posters say the same, this is a weak draft class, wait next year for Darnold/Rudolph etc.

Yes because people didn't want to draft a strong armed kid playing in an Air Raid offense with funny mechanics.

NFL teams are slow to learn.

Fresno State doesn't run an Air Raid offense. They run a traditional spread.

A team like Texas Tech runs an Air Raid.

I know you think they're exactly the same thing but they're not.

Tribusky's agents seem to be doing a wonderful job pumping their clients hype with a week to go until the draft. Who benefits the most by creating a lot of false demand for his client? The the client and the agent. All the smoke you hear this time of year is agent driven and every agents job is to hype their clients prospects. Tribusky is in for a long wait on Thursday, IMO.

I don't buy all this smoke about a QB going in the the top 5 and if one goes in the top 10 I think it'll be Mahomes not Tribusky. Just go watch Tribusky's games vs. VT, NC. St. and Duke on youtube. After watching those games tell me if you'd be excited about drafting him in the 1st round. If you have 2 working eyes my guess is that you will be totally underwhelmed with Tribusky. He's a mess.

Many teams in the top 5 would love to trade down and "steal" an additional 2nd round pick so I expect to hear a lot more rumors & smoke to try and create false demand for those picks. The truth is no team is moving up into the top 7 picks to get Tribusky. He will likely be on the board when the Bills pick at #10 (unless the Browns make the mistake of leapfrogging us to take him), and the Bills will pass on him. He's not good folks! Check that VT game if you only have time to watch 1. You will see what I'm talking about with your own 2 eyes!

Wow! 💩

Fresno State doesn't run an Air Raid offense. They run a traditional spread.

A team like Texas Tech runs an Air Raid.

I know you think they're exactly the same thing but they're not.

Dont waste your time. The narrative that poster has tried to force with Carr is just wrong. Edited by BillsFan17

Cleveland spreading misinformation so they look smarter when they waste the number one pick on a QB that ends up out of the league in a few years..

Why would Cleveland trade out of #1?

Take Garrett then at 12 get the QB of your choice.

I am sick of the QB class is weak bull ****. I listened to Gil Brandt yesterday morning and he again said he can see 4 in this class having good

he also said the "wait till next year" is nad thinking as well.

It`s always next year on here. Get used to it.

Why would Cleveland trade out of #1?

Take Garrett then at 12 get the QB of your choice.

They won't.

They will take the one guy they feel like they absolutely must get in this draft automatically because of that first pick. I just question whether they will pick a guy who is going to be a great NFL player or if they are going to spend the very best pick position in the draft on a guy who has a decent chance of washing out of the NFL in a few years.

Cleveland spreading misinformation so they look smarter when they waste the number one pick on a QB that ends up out of the league in a few years..

I don't believe even the Browns would be crazy enough to take Trubisky at #1. That would

be lunacy.

I am sick of the QB class is weak bull ****. I listened to Gil Brandt yesterday morning and he again said he can see 4 in this class having good

He can see 4 having good careers, and maybe they will, but that doesn't mean they should be drafted in the top 10 or the first round. And he is right about waiting til next year being bad draft strategy. Players regress, get injured, etc. Matt Barkley was supposedly a top five pick after his junior year, went back to school for his senior year and turns out he wasn't that hot after all.

There are options other than draft qb at 10 or wait until next year.

Sorry some folks don't want to hear it's a weak class, but it is. That does not mean don't draft qb, it means don't overdraft a qb; and that means passing in round 1

The closer this draft comes the more I'm starting to feel the Bills maybe would be reaching for a QB at #10. While all three of the top QB prospects have very many positives, they each have their negatives and I'm beginning to think it might be too big of a gamble if there's an OJ Howard there or another great prospect there that you're passing over. I wouldn't be thinking this were it not for next year's QB draft class which by almost all accounts looks much better than this years. I'm starting to worry that we'd be drafting a "Losman" and then not drafting "Rodgers" the following year.

I think the Jets won't be drafting a QB because of the 2018 QB class and they have a high probability of having the #1 overall pick in 2018. I also think the Bills will be picking in the top 10 next year with their schedule and I'm coming back to being willing to just let it play out and wait see what Taylor and/or Jones (maybe even Kelly drafted later in this draft?) does with Howard and a top WR prospect in the 2nd round of this draft. They have that 2018 QB class waiting for them if these guys don't pan out. I guess I'm starting to feel like they'd be forcing the QB position instead of it being the natural, feel good pick for everyone to be onboard. I'm becoming comfortable with letting the Browns have Trubisky, Texans have Mahomes and Chiefs have Watson.

Edited by 1billsfan

What?! That's not how you scout a QB! Watching entire games. Ha.

You watch a bunch of highlight videos, duh.

Has to be the Bills...Whaley is the King of reaches and he knows a QB is the only position that could extend his employment...this is why he constantly makes poor draft decisions...his choices are always for the wrong reasons...

I'm not a big supporter of Doug Whaley, but what is your reasoning for this comment?

Since he took over as GM, I can't think of too many players that were considered "reaches" where they were drafted. Certainly not at the top of our draft classes.

Most actually considered Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland huge bargains last year.

And how do you know what Whaley's reasoning is behind draft picks?

As fans, let's judge Whaley by his results and not speculation.