Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

I dont understand how you can see this as a negative. IF the Bills go QB at 10, that QB is likely to be the face of the franchise soon. If I was Pegula, I would want to be involved with who is selected to be the face of my company.

Ding, ding. We have a winner.

Does this mean that you don't believe the Pegula's are meddling owners? In their short tenure as owners they have left plenty of evidence which would indicate otherwise.

I criticize them when they deserve it but having an owner go to a private workout is not a bad thing.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no but it shows he is putting pressure on them to find a qb. Terry being involved means the issue is at the forefront. imo

Your boss tells you to find a away to get something done it becomes your number priority .

Business approach is what is my biggest issue and how do I fix it. It didn't take him long to realize he needs a qb

Someone is awake at One Bills Drive? This is great news.

Looks like you and I are on the same page :-) If he is there at 10, take him. Let the media, fans who hate, just hate. Take the kid, train him up in the WCO this year and let him get after it in 2018

That's why McDermott brought him along, to show him why the Bills should stay away from Trubisky.

LMAO you couldn't be more wrong

Terry gets it . It is all about the qb. I am not say Mitch is the guy but it is a good sign that Terry is involved.

I say Mitch is the guy in OUR System the WCO

Looks like you and I are on the same page :-) If he is there at 10, take him. Let the media, fans who hate, just hate. Take the kid, train him up in the WCO this year and let him get after it in 2018

LMAO you couldn't be more wrong

This kid is a great prospect. My scouting friend said his upside is very high, Matt Ryan. Give him weapons and Trubisky will slice you up.

This kid is a great prospect. My scouting friend said his upside is very high, Matt Ryan. Give him weapons and Trubisky will slice you up.

Matt Ryan is 6' 4". Trubisky is 6'. Ryan was a 4-year starter at BC. Tribusky started one. Name any decent NFL QB who started just one season in college?

Terry gets it . It is all about the qb. I am not say Mitch is the guy but it is a good sign that Terry is involved.

Seriously?

No. Just no. Terry Pegula is not a respected talent evaluator in the NFL. I'm not saying it's bad if he's there necessarily but it's no way "a good sign". At best it's neutral, at worst it's the sign of a meddling owner.

Seriously?

No. Just no. Terry Pegula is not a respected talent evaluator in the NFL. I'm not saying it's bad if he's there necessarily but it's no way "a good sign". At best it's neutral, at worst it's the sign of a meddling owner.

Again, are you not already convinced that we have a pair of meddling owners?

Seriously?

Terry is not there to scout. Terry is there because someone in this organization has their sh&^ together and convinced the owner they need a QB.

Watching Tribusky could mean a few things:

1) They are doing their HW just in case he is around and at the 10 spot they see the value in drafting a potential franchise QB

2) They are selling the above to the teams below them to get a QB hungry team to trade up before them to allow the player they really want to fall one more spot

I think there are better weapons to be had with the 10th pick. That being said, I like that the Bills are doing their homework. Makes me feel better that who ever they go with in the first round was the best value for the Bills at that time.

I don't remember Pegs ever going to a workout in the past

Bills don't even care about comp picks as this board has well established. Bills don't send Terry for a minor trade down. The Bills are looking at QB's and I believe it now.

not saying it's why they did it but It wouldn't be for comp picks (awarded for losing FAs), it would be for trade down opportunities in the draft Edited by YoloinOhio

Can you imagine what people would have said if Ralph traveled to a workout? He certainly would have been a "meddling owner" right?

This is kind of like on Gladiator when they are choosing which slaves will compete. Or when a horse owner is looking to buy a new colt.

After a recommendation from the trainers (Whaley & McD) the owner breezes in, takes a look at the hands/feet/reproductive parts, asks a question or two, gives his blessing and writes the check.

I don't remember Pegs ever going to a workout in the past

not saying it's why they did it but It wouldn't be for comp picks (awarded for losing FAs), it would be for trade down opportunities in the draft

Bills aren't getting more than a third for dropping a few spots. Same value as the comp pick they might not get.

Neither of those QB's would come in and start year 1. Good to develop under Tyrod for a year or two though.

Doesn't matter. You don't draft QB's based on what they can do in one year. You take a guy because you believe he can get you to a championship game.

Bills are going QB. It is clear now. However, are they in "wait and see who falls to us" mode, or are they in "trade up and get our guy" mode?

That is the main question at this point.

New coach = New QB. Tyrod is a one year rental to buy the new guy time to learn. We make the playoffs and Tyrod is a two year rental. Either way, McD is looking for his new franchise QB to start his head coaching career with.

Seriously?

You own a billion dollar company and you just fired an expensive manager that you made the mistake of hiring against your GM's wishes. You have loyal customers but you may be only a year or two away from fracturing that customer base. You have a new manager and are looking for a new product to sell to the customers. Wouldnt you want to be involved with that search? Even just hearing the pros and cons of each product?

Doesn't matter. You don't draft QB's based on what they can do in one year. You take a guy because you believe he can get you to a championship game.

I literally just said it would be good for him to develop under Tyrod, meaning it isn't based on 1 year. But saying the Bills are relevant again for drafting a QB who will sit first couples years is a bold statement. Reading is hard.

Bills are going QB. It is clear now. However, are they in "wait and see who falls to us" mode, or are they in "trade up and get our guy" mode?

New coach = New QB. Tyrod is a one year rental to buy the new guy time to learn. We make the playoffs and Tyrod is a two year rental. Either way, McD is looking for his new franchise QB to start his head coaching career with.

Trading up doesn't make sense for any of these guys unless you mean trading up to get one of them later in the 1st round.

I dont think any QB is worth trading up for in this QB class. I think the Bills wait to see who is there at 10 and enterain offers to move back if multiple players are there that they like.

Ownership wants real success for this team, and billionaires who are used to getting what they want and are willing to spend aren't great at settling.

Without a good to great QB you are not going to be successful in the NFL of today.

Some delight in pointing out a few exceptions to the rule, saying SEE! SEE! You don't NEED a QB! Let's be the 1 in 10 instead of one of the 9 in 10.

How about stop trying to be cute and just do what works: find a great coach (hopefully they did) and pair him with a great QB.

Maybe Mcdermott actually wants to be here for more than a few years!

:thumbsup:

I was sitting in a little dorm room at UCLA with my roommate from Batavia when the Bills beat the Raiders 51 - 3 in the AFC Championship. We both sat there in stunned silence wondering if this was real life. I think I might feel a similar surprised happiness if we actually get a clue about qb.

Ownership wants real success for this team, and billionaires who are used to getting what they want and are willing to spend aren't great at settling.

Without a good to great QB you are not going to be successful in the NFL of today.

Some delight in pointing out a few exceptions to the rule, saying SEE! SEE! You don't NEED a QB! Let's be the 1 in 10 instead of one of the 9 in 10.

How about stop trying to be cute and just do what works: find a great coach (hopefully they did) and pair him with a great QB.

:worthy:

Bills aren't getting more than a third for dropping a few spots. Same value as the comp pick they might not get.

you don't know which team might be willing to trade up. Could be a team later in the first. Of they could get more than a late 3rd rounder in 2018.

Again, I doubt that's why Terry is there but it's possible.

Edited by YoloinOhio