Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

The problem is by draft day, none of these QBs will have a first round grade and Trubisky falling to #10 will only prove that. It is about the worst case scenario for Buffalo, as it almost assures the top 4 DBs are off the board, probably one WR, and maybe even Foster. If that is the case I would probably draft the remaining WR (Davis or Williams) or work a trade down only a few spots and hope Howard is still on the board.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't hate taking Watson/ Trubisky and a flyer on Chad Kelly later on. We need to find the guy, and the more we have in the pipeline the better.

Poses an interesting question. If you have basically 3 rookies developing behind a veteran, does it increase or decrease the chances that one becomes a high-end starter?

I guess it's how you look at it. Are you focused on developing a QB or is your plan to roll the dice until you come up with a winner?

The Bills have shown no ability to develop one, so it might not make a difference.

i've recently seen a couple of mocks...br comes to mind that has trubisky there at # 10. if you're the gm , what do you do?

imo he'd be the only qb i would use a first round pick on....but...

it would be awfully tempting to me to trade down and try to pick up some extra picks, so here's a scenario that i would look at.

trade #10 to cleveland for no. #12...for one of their seconds and a 4th. forgive me for not following the value chart, but i could see the browns drooling here.

trade #12 to the redskins for #17...for a 3rd,4th and 7th. they need quality receivers in the worst way and they have the picks to spare.

with #17 i'm taking a tackle and i like bolles from utah. i know it may be high and he's 25, but i can see a run on olineman from the giants on down through the rest of the 1st. this kid gives us a day one upgrade. he could be our big nasty incognito on the right side.

of course at #17, i wouldn't take the phone off the hook in case jerry jones is in love with say a ross...or maybe peppers is still there. they don't have extra picks though, but here i would settle for a high 2018 pick.

so at #17, that would be bolles...an extra 2nd, 3rd,4th and 7th. we could really do well in this draft.

i don't have a mock,but with 2 2nds and 2 3rds we should be able to get zay jones, a cb, a safety and maybe that dl from vandy.

with the cleveland 4th round pick, i take chad kelly and make sure he comes to buffalo.

i would use the rest for mainly line depth. i do like marcus maye the fs from florida.

the draft can't get here soon enough, im stoked.

if we did pick trubisky at #10, i'd be happy with that, but would hope they could move down in the 2nd and at least grab one or 2 more picks.

lastly, does anyone know how to retrieve avatars from the old board? i also apologize for the lack of caps button talent. :rolleyes:

The major problem your trades is that they are unrealistic. Teams would move up further if that's what they'd be willing to give up. Cleveland should be able to get to 4 with the package you suggest. Some team picking between 4 and 9 would make that deal before it got to Buffalo at 10.

The trade with the Browns I could absolutely see. However, unless they fear the Saints, they may just stay put. No no else other than the Texas has the pressing need.

The cards and chiefs aren't necessarily desperate to fill the position so I don't see them trading up.

As for Trubisky, I pass on him. The more I see of him, the less I like him. I just see a lot of wishful thinking. I don't even see the raw talent of several other QBs. He'll probably go fairly early in this draft, but it'll be a mistake by the team that takes him. Just my 2¢.

LOL. I fully acknowledge that I could be wrong and you could be right on Trubisky. I can't get past his throwing motion. I can't want a QB with that. I just see too many potential issues there for 10th overall. Edited by BarleyNY

Reminds me of rich gannon from a physical tools perspective. Quick feet, good athlete, strong/accurate arm, and also seems like a tough kid. Not sure I'd take him at 10, but wouldn't complain if Bills did.

Someone else was saying this too "Gannon comp".

I'd take that all day. The 4 year run from 99 to 02 culminating in a 4800 yard MVP season is what we need