Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he mean Deshone Kizer or Deshaun Watson?

He means Watson I have read the piece on NFL.com.

You know those numbers are exactly where I expected them to be. When Alpha and others were trying to tell us teams liked Kizer the best I continued to say that was nonsense. I know Mayock has Kizer as his #1 but that is pure crazy talk. I can absolutely see why someone might prefer Trubisky, personally I like Watson better, they are both first round Quarterbacks. It also doesn't surprise me to see a couple of teams going for the wildcard that is Mahomes. He has the highest ceiling possibly.... but there is a hell of a lot of work to get him there.

How many QBs shoukd we have?

We know we can only start one.

You'll never know how they are until they play. Develop them till the cows come home - till they start a game or a season you have no idea what you have.

Having Trubisky and Kelly and Cardale sitting behind TT isn't a luxury...it's a waste of roster spots.

If they're in love with a QB whether it's Watson, Trubisky, MaHomes, Kizer, etc...take him in the 1st and don't think twice. QB is too important. Luckily, if they aren't crazy about a QB we don't have to reach for one like we did for EJ.

Poses an interesting question. If you have basically 3 rookies developing behind a veteran, does it increase or decrease the chances that one becomes a high-end starter?

I guess it's how you look at it. Are you focused on developing a QB or is your plan to roll the dice until you come up with a winner?

The Bills have shown no ability to develop one, so it might not make a difference.

Well, no team has enough reps with today's practice limitations. Talent will rise to the top when a guy gets the opportunity. I'm not so big on the concept of " developing" a QB. You can't coax anything out a player that isn't there. Everyone knows what proper footwork looks like and the right way to break down film. But a QB either has it or he doesn't. It comes from within and can't be measured . More QBs is just a better chance that you will find the right one. That's where the Bills are today, still looking because they haven't taken enough shots in the past. That needs to change. I think Cardale is a real long shot so they should take a couple more QBs this draft if a guy like CK is available in the middle rounds. There are other weak areas on the roster, but the QB weakness is what is holding the team back from real progress.

I don´t think Cleveland gives you that much for a little jump from 12 to 10.

I will take almos any trade down scenario, and grab the BAP of WR, CB, S, LB and maybe OL

There may be a team or two that may like to jump Cleveland to get their QB. Arizona, for instance. All depends on if our top target is there or not at the time.

i've recently seen a couple of mocks...br comes to mind that has trubisky there at # 10. if you're the gm , what do you do?

imo he'd be the only qb i would use a first round pick on....but...

it would be awfully tempting to me to trade down and try to pick up some extra picks, so here's a scenario that i would look at.

trade #10 to cleveland for no. #12...for one of their seconds and a 4th. forgive me for not following the value chart, but i could see the browns drooling here.

trade #12 to the redskins for #17...for a 3rd,4th and 7th. they need quality receivers in the worst way and they have the picks to spare.

with #17 i'm taking a tackle and i like bolles from utah. i know it may be high and he's 25, but i can see a run on olineman from the giants on down through the rest of the 1st. this kid gives us a day one upgrade. he could be our big nasty incognito on the right side.

of course at #17, i wouldn't take the phone off the hook in case jerry jones is in love with say a ross...or maybe peppers is still there. they don't have extra picks though, but here i would settle for a high 2018 pick.

so at #17, that would be bolles...an extra 2nd, 3rd,4th and 7th. we could really do well in this draft.

i don't have a mock,but with 2 2nds and 2 3rds we should be able to get zay jones, a cb, a safety and maybe that dl from vandy.

with the cleveland 4th round pick, i take chad kelly and make sure he comes to buffalo.

i would use the rest for mainly line depth. i do like marcus maye the fs from florida.

the draft can't get here soon enough, im stoked.

if we did pick trubisky at #10, i'd be happy with that, but would hope they could move down in the 2nd and at least grab one or 2 more picks.

lastly, does anyone know how to retrieve avatars from the old board? i also apologize for the lack of caps button talent. :rolleyes:

Trading down to 12 would be ideal scenario. We can likely still get who we want there and pick up another asset.

It really depends how our Bills rate him on our board

If they think with certainty he's an NFL future starting QB then you have to take him

However if they only grade him as a potential future starter you pass

Because their are better players available at that slot that will have a bigger impact over the next 5 years

And at that point it does not really make a difference what position they play except RB

I think Foster is falling, and Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, will all gone

It'll be a CB, Williams or Davis, or Howard and either or is fine by me

I'd be thrilled if Hooker fell to us, beyond excited, way more than drafting a QB, that's a potential transformative player

jc