Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

If he's there at 10, and another team wants him, get the best deal you can and trade down.

I agree with this 110%. There really isn't a great QB in this draft that's worth a first round pick.

I'd like to see them trade down and pick up a extra 3rd or something.

go WR in the first, secondary in the second and QB next.

Edited by Yav

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All 32 clubs were represented by a reported turnout of 75 NFL personnel. Among them was 49ers GM John Lynch, who holds the No. 2 overall pick and is in need of a QB.
The skinny: Trubisky was naturally the main attraction as one of the draft's top quarterbacks, although no head coaches were in attendance. They missed an impressive performance, according to NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock.

"Mitch Trubisky I thought had a really solid day. (The) 68 plays scripted by his quarterback coach Ryan Lindley showed off his footwork and movement skills. He doesn't have an overpowering arm, but what is he? He's a timing thrower, he's an anticipatory thrower, and he can really move, left or right," said Mayock, who attended the pro day. "... As far as his arm strength, solid. As far as ball location and accuracy, outstanding. I thought he had a really good day and I think he helped himself."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000794083/article/what-we-learned-tuesday-trubisky-helps-himself-at-pro-day

I agree with this 110%. There really isn't a great QB in this draft that's worth a first round pick.

I'd like to see them trade down and pick up a extra 3rd or something.

go WR in the first, secondary in the second and QB next.

Thank you. I agree with how you want to approach the draft, except that I don't want a QB at all.

2018 will be a much better QB class, so we can draft one then.

Also, I like your avatar. Why won't Arizona State bring back Sparky as their helmet logo? The pitch fork logo is alright, but just not the same.

If he's there at 10, and another team wants him, get the best deal you can and trade down.

I agree, hopefully someone will want to jump in front of the Browns at #12 to get their QB,

and we make em pay for it.

Sure, if other NFL team's value a QB as a top pick let's give them the chance to take the QB first. Bills fans are very generous with trying to help other teams. We already give the Pats two wins a year, let's help another bottom basement team find their QB.

Sure, if other NFL team's value a QB as a top pick let's give them the chance to take the QB first. Bills fans are very generous with trying to help other teams. We already give the Pats two wins a year, let's help another bottom basement team find their QB.

This sarcasm would only make since if you "thought" that Trubisky will be a great franchise quarterback..................I don't

and many NFL writers don't either.

Then we still need a qb though.

Yep.

but as I have expressed, i do not think that any of this years QB's are worth a #10

Pick up one in the third and try and strike lightning.

with this years choices thats all you're doing anyway

This sarcasm would only make since if you "thought" that Trubisky will be a great franchise quarterback..................I don't

and many NFL writers don't either.

And many of the NFL writers are wrong. They were saying Dak was Tebow last year and yet we are supposed to listen to them now?!

Wouldn't the best case scenario consist of the Bills selecting the right QB to lead this team?

Yes - if you believe one of these guys coming out this year is the one. I'm not sold, is all.

Yes.....when the right QB is available, and that right QB is not in this draft.

yessir

All 32 clubs were represented by a reported turnout of 75 NFL personnel. Among them was 49ers GM John Lynch, who holds the No. 2 overall pick and is in need of a QB.

The skinny: Trubisky was naturally the main attraction as one of the draft's top quarterbacks, although no head coaches were in attendance. They missed an impressive performance, according to NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock.

"Mitch Trubisky I thought had a really solid day. (The) 68 plays scripted by his quarterback coach Ryan Lindley showed off his footwork and movement skills. He doesn't have an overpowering arm, but what is he? He's a timing thrower, he's an anticipatory thrower, and he can really move, left or right," said Mayock, who attended the pro day. "... As far as his arm strength, solid. As far as ball location and accuracy, outstanding. I thought he had a really good day and I think he helped himself."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000794083/article/what-we-learned-tuesday-trubisky-helps-himself-at-pro-day

Pro days are a waste of time.

And many of the NFL writers are wrong. They were saying Dak was Tebow last year and yet we are supposed to listen to them now?!

So if they are right 100 times and wrong once, you assume they are always wrong? You have QB Fever bad.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Literally no one said Dak was anything like Tebow. Not one writer. Dak was in a special scenario where he could excel. That O-line was easily the best in the NFL and it regularly gave him a ton of time. Zeke took pressure off of him by being a top back and then there's Witten, Dez and the rest of the skill players on offense. Dak is not nearly that successful anywhere else.

Literally no one said Dak was anything like Tebow. Not one writer. Dak was in a special scenario where he could excel. That O-line was easily the best in the NFL and it regularly gave him a ton of time. Zeke took pressure off of him by being a top back and then there's Witten, Dez and the rest of the skill players on offense. Dak is not nearly that successful anywhere else.

No one?

Here is what our NFL Draft insiders Rob Rang and Dane Brugler wrote in their scouting report on Prescott prior to the 2016 NFL Draft:

WEAKNESSES: Work in progress as a passer but has a live arm and good field vision. His footwork is inconsistent and he loses accuracy when his feet are not set.

Tends to predetermine some throws and relies on a lot of back shoulder patterns, something that got him in trouble against Auburn and Alabama. Has not shown the consistency to lead his team through the air in tough road environments when the ground game is shut down.

But the biggest note that stands out in Prescott's scouting report might be his NFL comparison.

COMPARES TO:
Tim Tebow, ex-Broncos, Jets, Patriots - It is the natural comparison, beyond just the connection to Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen, who was Florida's offensive coordinator when Tebow was in Gainesville. Although Prescott has a slightly better arm and more consistent mechanics, he and Tebow grade similar in several categories, including composure, mobility, power and leadership.