Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

The fact the Bills almost never make waves about who they are working out pre-draft and yet chose to here tell me 1 thing:

There is no way Trubisky is the pick at #10. This is a message to the Saints, Browns, Cardinals, Giants and Texans among others..... if you want Mitch you might wanna talk to us because we might just take him.

I think you're giving them too much credit. Bills wouldn't send Terry to a workout just to get another 3rd round pick.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact the Bills almost never make waves about who they are working out pre-draft and yet chose to here tell me 1 thing:

There is no way Trubisky is the pick at #10. This is a message to the Saints, Browns, Cardinals, Giants and Texans among others..... if you want Mitch you might wanna talk to us because we might just take him.

I also thought it is trying to get someone to trade up, possibly. But that's some effort getting Pegs out there on the smokescreen.

I also thought it is trying to get someone to trade up, possibly. But that's some effort getting Pegs out there on the smokescreen.

Bills don't even care about comp picks as this board has well established. Bills don't send Terry for a minor trade down. The Bills are looking at QB's and I believe it now.

Terry gets it . It is all about the qb. I am not say Mitch is the guy but it is a good sign that Terry is involved.

I don't agree. Does he know how to scout and evaluate players?

Edited by nucci

no but it shows he is putting pressure on them to find a qb. Terry being involved means the issue is at the forefront. imo

Your boss tells you to find a away to get something done it becomes your number priority .

So who should be deciding what the team needs? The football people or the owner?

I am sure Pegula is there to watch and get a feel for the young man. Let McDermott and crew determine his football IQ and Pegula can get a feel for what kind of person he is. Some people will put down Pegula for going but how else is he going to broaden his football horizons? Pegula will never be a scout or a coach, he doesnt need to be, but getting an understanding of what coaches are looking for goes a long ways in making decisions.

It would be sort of amusing if the Bills drafted Trubisky. He'd basically come into the same situation he was in at UNC -- sit behind a more established player for one or two years who is a hybrid run/pass threat.

I am sure Pegula is there to watch and get a feel for the young man. Let McDermott and crew determine his football IQ and Pegula can get a feel for what kind of person he is. Some people will put down Pegula for going but how else is he going to broaden his football horizons? Pegula will never be a scout or a coach, he doesnt need to be, but getting an understanding of what coaches are looking for goes a long ways in making decisions.

Great point . Why wouldn't we want an owner who is involved.

Can you imagine what people would have said if Ralph traveled to a workout? He certainly would have been a "meddling owner" right?

Does this mean that you don't believe the Pegula's are meddling owners? In their short tenure as owners they have left plenty of evidence which would indicate otherwise.

So who should be deciding what the team needs? The football people or the owner?

I dont understand how you can see this as a negative. IF the Bills go QB at 10, that QB is likely to be the face of the franchise soon. If I was Pegula, I would want to be involved with who is selected to be the face of my company.