Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

you don't know which team might be willing to trade up. Could be a team later in the first. Of they could get more than a late 3rd rounder in 2018.

Anything is possible but when I try to figure out what the hell the Bills are up to the simplest explanation is usually the best.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there yesterday. Didn't see them FWIW...

Interesting. What reason would they have to lie to us? Just to say to the fans "Hey, we looked at QBs in the offseason, but we are sticking with Tyrod?"

Or is it just that they are throwing off the other teams by saying that they were there?

Ownership wants real success for this team, and billionaires who are used to getting what they want and are willing to spend aren't great at settling.

Without a good to great QB you are not going to be successful in the NFL of today.

Some delight in pointing out a few exceptions to the rule, saying SEE! SEE! You don't NEED a QB! Let's be the 1 in 10 instead of one of the 9 in 10.

How about stop trying to be cute and just do what works: find a great coach (hopefully they did) and pair him with a great QB.

You don't stick 25 cents in a machine and pull out a QB LOL. Posts like this crack me up, if it were this easy every team would do it.

Ding, ding. We have a winner.

I criticize them when they deserve it but having an owner go to a private workout is not a bad thing.

I agree - if the Bills are seriously considering taking any player, especially a QB, I think it is smart for the owner to meet him. Look at Houston, now lamenting signing Brock Osweiler without meeting him.

Tyrod is far better than any QB in this draft. The bills are always trying to save money. There is no way we waste a first round pick on a one year starter, that has not even played in a pro style offense. Cardelle is bigger and better than this kid. Bills need to get an experience back up QB, that can help both Tyrod and Cardelle. How about the back up QB from the Vikings Shaun Hill

I think Bills fans should get used to the idea that QB @ #10 is a very real possibility. I'm not saying it's a lock, but when a team spends time working out every top QB prospect in the draft, not to mention Tyrod's "bridge" contract and McDermott saying "we want to address the QB position for the present AND the future"...it sure looks like more than a smokescreen. Sure, they could just be trying to bait a team to trade up to 10, but something tells me that team owners don't often come along to workouts just to set up a smokescreen.

Honestly, they are in a perfect position to take a quarterback. Top 10 pick, decent starter to buy said pick a couple years on the bench, and a new head coach. The timing is right.

Well, now that Yates is signed, many are assuming qb at #10 is off the table. Don't know what to make of it, but depressing if true.

Nope. Yates means jack squat.

The Tyrod fan club is looking for anything that will keep the QB competition low on the roster.

Edited by jeffismagic

Well, now that Yates is signed, many are assuming qb at #10 is off the table. Don't know what to make of it, but depressing if true.

why would that be the case? They can always cut him after camp and you don't know who is going to get hurt in camp. They would be negligent to not bring in a vet backup who knows the offense at this point in time.

The fact the Bills almost never make waves about who they are working out pre-draft and yet chose to here tell me 1 thing:

There is no way Trubisky is the pick at #10. This is a message to the Saints, Browns, Cardinals, Giants and Texans among others..... if you want Mitch you might wanna talk to us because we might just take him.

I don't disagree with you much. But why won't that do that with all top prospects to try and trick teams?