Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a QB, and when he tears it up this year I'll be looking for your response.

I would happily eat humble pie, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Tyrod rip it up this year and shove my words down my throat....... I won't be keeping a fork handy though....

Yep.

but as I have expressed, i do not think that any of this years QB's are worth a #10

Pick up one in the third and try and strike lightning.

with this years choices thats all you're doing anyway

Fair enough. Agree to disagree though obviously based off my avatar

So if they are right 100 times and wrong once, you assume they are always wrong? You have QB Fever bad.

What do you call the malady you have where you don't want to draft a qb for 15 years plus ?

It's always wait till next year or wait till a later round then get that guy or this guy. It never happens because they are always waiting. They don't fall from the sky you have to accualy try to get one. Take one at 10 and then grab another next season. Then next season trade CJ and then dump Tyrod then grab another and eventually you will have better depth fighting for the job instead of other teams backups taking us to 7 or 8 wins. If you want a franchise worthy QB you have to go for it, it's like the lottery you have to be in it to win it.

Edited by xRUSHx

i've recently seen a couple of mocks...br comes to mind that has trubisky there at # 10. if you're the gm , what do you do?

imo he'd be the only qb i would use a first round pick on....but...

it would be awfully tempting to me to trade down and try to pick up some extra picks, so here's a scenario that i would look at.

trade #10 to cleveland for no. #12...for one of their seconds and a 4th. forgive me for not following the value chart, but i could see the browns drooling here.

trade #12 to the redskins for #17...for a 3rd,4th and 7th. they need quality receivers in the worst way and they have the picks to spare.

with #17 i'm taking a tackle and i like bolles from utah. i know it may be high and he's 25, but i can see a run on olineman from the giants on down through the rest of the 1st. this kid gives us a day one upgrade. he could be our big nasty incognito on the right side.

of course at #17, i wouldn't take the phone off the hook in case jerry jones is in love with say a ross...or maybe peppers is still there. they don't have extra picks though, but here i would settle for a high 2018 pick.

so at #17, that would be bolles...an extra 2nd, 3rd,4th and 7th. we could really do well in this draft.

i don't have a mock,but with 2 2nds and 2 3rds we should be able to get zay jones, a cb, a safety and maybe that dl from vandy.

with the cleveland 4th round pick, i take chad kelly and make sure he comes to buffalo.

i would use the rest for mainly line depth. i do like marcus maye the fs from florida.

the draft can't get here soon enough, im stoked.

if we did pick trubisky at #10, i'd be happy with that, but would hope they could move down in the 2nd and at least grab one or 2 more picks.

lastly, does anyone know how to retrieve avatars from the old board? i also apologize for the lack of caps button talent. :rolleyes:

You're wildly overestimating what we're likely to get in trade here. Going down from #10 to #20, whether it's in one trade or two, is about 450 points in difference, which is maybe a 2nd and a 4th.

Could we get more if someone is absolutely desperate? Sure, but it's not what you count on when you're planning things in advance.

Generally, though, I'm all for trading back if we can get reasonable compensation. I'd love to see them try to get a pick for next year, personally.

Thank you. I agree with how you want to approach the draft, except that I don't want a QB at all.

2018 will be a much better QB class, so we can draft one then.

Also, I like your avatar. Why won't Arizona State bring back Sparky as their helmet logo? The pitch fork logo is alright, but just not the same.

The reason next year is better for QBs is that - at least right now - it seems there are likely to be one or two good enough to go in the top five or so, which will be far too early for us to have a chance at them.

When we decided to reload rather than rebuilding, we pretty much gave up any shot at getting a top five guy, unless we do something radical like trade this year's first for a next year's first plus some extra. That would maybe put us in position to get a high pick next year.

Yes.....when the right QB is available, and that right QB is not in this draft.

Or he is.

Let's not pretend we know. These are all opinions. They didn't think Russell Wilson was the right QB either or Carr and plenty of others. That's a reasonable opinion you've got there, but it is indeed an opinion.

Or he is.

Let's not pretend we know. These are all opinions. They didn't think Russell Wilson was the right QB either or Carr and plenty of others. That's a reasonable opinion you've got there, but it is indeed an opinion.

Trubisky is nowhere near as good as Wilson and Carr were in college. You can call that an opinion, but it's true. This is a horrible class and we're being force-fed Trubisky as a first rounder. It's painful.

There are just too many blue chip players available at #10 , I would not take a QB at that spot.

2nd rd or later maybe, prefer Chad in the late 5th or 6th . After getting burned by EJ pick , well you know jmo

Trubisky is nowhere near as good as Wilson and Carr were in college. You can call that an opinion, but it's true. This is a horrible class and we're being force-fed Trubisky as a first rounder. It's painful.

He is undercooked in comparison to those guys, sure. His single year as a starter is very similar statistically to Derek Carr's first year at Fresno State and, it has to be said, in a stronger conference. How much you punish Trubisky for the single year as a starter and how much you feel you are "projecting" with him as a result is a question that evaluators will have to grapple with.

If he's there at 10, you don't draft him and draft a WR.

Who excels at run blocking

He is undercooked in comparison to those guys, sure. His single year as a starter is very similar statistically to Derek Carr's first year at Fresno State and, it has to be said, in a stronger conference. How much you punish Trubisky for the single year as a starter and how much you feel you are "projecting" with him as a result is a question that evaluators will have to grapple with.

Right again Bill, like always.