Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) it's ok to be nervous about a guy with 13 career starts.

2) saying a guy can't be good because he couldn't beat out a guy who had a good college career is just wrong. It happens all the time. A college coach's job is to win, not boost a kid's pro prospects. Williams was a good college qb. If MT stayed next year, he would have started 2 years like most qbs do.

I'm mixed on MT. But if the decision makers think he is a franchise qb, they would be stupid to pass on him for a S or some non difference making position.

It's not 2013. 2013 had no QBs with first round talent. 2017 has at least 2, maybe 3 1st round guys.

I think everyone needs to pretend like they know how to scout college qbs. The "experts" never get them right.

Please review the 2000 qb class if you doubt this.

Like the idea of a trade down, but, there's no way you get that many high picks back from a move down of 2 slots with Cleveland. You'd probably get a 3rd, which I'm okay with. You also wouldn't get those 3 pics by moving Down 5 spots to 17. You'd probably get a 2nd or a 3rd and a 5th, again I'm okay with. I think a trade down from 10 will be available, if they don't fall in love with someone at 10??

Edited by turbo044

1) it's ok to be nervous about a guy with 13 career starts.

2) saying a guy can't be good because he couldn't beat out a guy who had a good college career is just wrong. It happens all the time. A college coach's job is to win, not boost a kid's pro prospects. Williams was a good college qb. If MT stayed next year, he would have started 2 years like most qbs do.

I'm mixed on MT. But if the decision makers think he is a franchise qb, they would be stupid to pass on him for a S or some non difference making position.

I think everyone needs to pretend like they know how to scout college qbs. The "experts" never get them right.

...if the draft and FA were a perfect science, would there EVER be a bust or a bad FA signing?.....hmmmmmm..............

He Sucks. Barely started a whole year in College. It's Pat Mahomes or a wideout or corner or trade down

He Sucks. Barely started a whole year in College. It's Pat Mahomes or a wideout or corner or trade down

Yep he sucks. That's why he holds all the records at his university and will be drafted in the first round. Solid take.

I just think this draft offers a lot. Given what they have done with signings so far this team could literally afford to take Trubisky at 10,

Zay Jones..a corner..a safety ...maybe the dl from Vandy and even take Chad Kelly as well....with just the 6 picks. Hopefully we get Zach Brown back.

Yes...and Chad Kelly. We need to fill the pipeline.

There's no reason not to have a very successful draft this year.

Edited by billsredneck1

I just think this draft offers a lot. Given what they have done with signings so far this team could literally afford to take Trubisky at 10,

Zay Jones..a corner..a safety ...maybe the dl from Vandy and even take Chad Kelly as well....with just the 6 picks. Hopefully we get Zach Brown back.

Yes...and Chad Kelly. We need to fill the pipeline.

There's no reason not to have a very successful draft this year.

I wouldn't hate taking Watson/ Trubisky and a flyer on Chad Kelly later on. We need to find the guy, and the more we have in the pipeline the better.

It's not 2013. 2013 had no QBs with first round talent. 2017 has at least 2, maybe 3 1st round guys.

That is your opinion, not shared by all.

Who is/are the QBs worthy of a first round pick, and specifically the 10th pick?

- Kizer looked good year before, many questions after past season

- Watson had mega-talent around him on both sides of the ball - did he lift his team or did they lift him?

- Trubisky and his one year of starts spells big risk

- Mahomes played in a gimmick offense that has produced almost nobody at QBin the NFL.

I agree that they all have some talent and might succeed, but I think the odds are long on them all. This feels a lot like "we need a QB, let's convince ourselves that the available guys can play" rather than "Damn, that guy is good!"

Edited by OldTimer1960