Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep and last year Dak was Tebow 2.0 and Wentz played in a goofy stadium with no competition.

I think Watson will be a Jameis/Mariota hybrid. Tru will be somewhere between Dalton/Ryan/Luck.

Oh yes, that was the word last year. Dak had bad form, was Tebow 2.0.

Yep and last year Dak was Tebow 2.0 and Wentz played in a goofy stadium with no competition.

I think Watson will be a Jameis/Mariota hybrid. Tru will be somewhere between Dalton/Ryan/Luck.

I liked Wentz and Dak. Knew Wentz was a top 10 pick and was hoping for Dak in the 3rd. Who knows if Dak has anything close to the rookie year he had on another team? The best OL in football and a top 3 RB helping to protect him along the way is what he was gifted with. Only time will tell if any of these guys make it in the league. I still say there is NO Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, or Marcus Mariota in the draft this year. There's not. To trade up for any of these guys would be foolish, ESPECIALLY for the cost it would take and the hole it would put us in for years to come. And I will still say that this draft is closer to the crop in 2011 and 2013. That is my observation looking at them all. I think Watson has the chance to be the best of the bunch, but I don't want us to take him at 10 and I think the process of how he is developed will be huge. Just because you have a man-crush on Mitch, I mean Mitchell, doesn't mean he's gonna be a surefire franchise QB. Ask Buffalo Barbarian how his man-crushes have worked out. :thumbsup:

I liked Wentz and Dak. Knew Wentz was a top 10 pick and was hoping for Dak in the 3rd. Who knows if Dak has anything close to the rookie year he had on another team? The best OL in football and a top 3 RB helping to protect him along the way is what he was gifted with. Only time will tell if any of these guys make it in the league. I still say there is NO Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, or Marcus Mariota in the draft this year. There's not. To trade up for any of these guys would be foolish, ESPECIALLY for the cost it would take and the hole it would put us in for years to come. And I will still say that this draft is closer to the crop in 2011 and 2013. That is my observation looking at them all. I think Watson has the chance to be the best of the bunch, but I don't want us to take him at 10 and I think the process of how he is developed will be huge. Just because you have a man-crush on Mitch, I mean Mitchell, doesn't mean he's gonna be a surefire franchise QB. Ask Buffalo Barbarian how his man-crushes have worked out. :thumbsup:

Lol I hear ya. Barbarian doesn't like Trubisky. He's in the clear

I'd take this kid at 10 and not even think twice about it.

cant teach accuracy, as seen with EJ, Tyrod, JP, etc., and I think he has the best rookie year out of the whole class.

However, i do think he has to start right out of the gate.

For some odd reason, I think he will have a good career. Reminds me of chad Pennington, but without the injuries, and a stronger arm.

Nice post! This guy get's it.

I don't buy it.

If you're a 1st round, franchise caliber NFL QB you're not sitting on the bench behind a guy who goes on to be an UDFA.

Bingo.

You guys fail to realize that a guy can be a great college QB in a particular system and still not project to the pros. Look at all the QBs Spurrier rode to success in Florida. Look at the QBs at Texas Tech under Mike Leach.

The point you are trying to prove can't be proven. Trubisky should not be downgraded because UNC stuck with a guy who accounted for SEVENTY-SIX touchdowns in his junior and senior seasons.

You guys fail to realize that a guy can be a great college QB in a particular system and still not project to the pros. Look at all the QBs Spurrier rode to success in Florida. Look at the QBs at Texas Tech under Mike Leach.

The point you are trying to prove can't be proven. Trubisky should not be downgraded because UNC stuck with a guy who accounted for SEVENTY-SIX touchdowns in his junior and senior seasons.

I haven't failed to realize anything, it's been noted none of these QB's are worth a first round pick. So a player that had to sit behind someone who wasn't considered an NFL talent for 2 years, now jumps up the board and is considered to be one? Why? Just because the league is starved for good to great QB play? I mean has everyone lost their minds?

Picking one at 10 is to attempt to feed that insatiable need for a franchise QB is just stupid IMO and we have greater needs than QB at this point in time, like it or not. There is no Manning(s), Luck, or even RG IIIs in this draft. Doesn't mean that any of them will not succeed in the NFL, but wouldn't it be more beneficial to get an elite/great talent at a position of need rather than forcing the issue and drafting a QB that isn't even considered the greatest need of the TEAM. I wouldn't be against taking one in the second round or later.

I'm just confused with this entire discussion in general, some people are whining and complaining we aren't picking up any FA's at positions of need like WR, CB, or Will LB which can be filled in the draft at a lower cost than FA, with a higher upside yet these very same people want us to draft a prospect that isn't considered an elite talent in his class nor a need of the team just because their disdain for our current QB.

Side Note: None of these QB's are considered by any of the pro scouts to make their teammates better which is a complaint by many anti-tyrod cult members that Tyrod is unable to do, so why would we waste our top 10 pick with the same characteristic?

Edited by Captain Murica

I haven't failed to realize anything, it's been noted none of these QB's are worth a first round pick. So a player that had to sit behind someone who wasn't considered an NFL talent for 2 years, now jumps up the board and is considered to be one? Why? Just because the league is starved for good to great QB play? I mean has everyone lost their minds?

Picking one at 10 is to attempt to feed that insatiable need for a franchise QB is just stupid IMO and we have greater needs than QB at this point in time, like it or not. There is no Manning(s), Luck, or even RG IIIs in this draft. Doesn't mean that any of them will not succeed in the NFL, but wouldn't it be more beneficial to get an elite/great talent at a position of need rather than forcing the issue and drafting a QB that isn't even considered the greatest need of the TEAM. I wouldn't be against taking one in the second round or later.

I'm just confused with this entire discussion in general, some people are whining and complaining we aren't picking up any FA's at positions of need like WR, CB, or Will LB which can be filled in the draft at a lower cost than FA, with a higher upside yet these very same people want us to draft a prospect that isn't considered an elite talent in his class nor a need of the team just because their disdain for our current QB.

Side Note: None of these QB's are considered by any of the pro scouts to make their teammates better which is a complaint by many anti-tyrod cult members that Tyrod is unable to do, so why would we waste our top 10 pick with the same characteristic?

Greater needs than qb ? Can't wait for the next Whitner, Mccargo, Gilmore, Lawson, Leodis, Wood, Maybin or Spiller to get us to 8-8 !!

Trying to draft a franchise qb is bad ? I'm sure the Steelers and Ravens are mad they drafted Flacco and Big Ben and had success.

"It's been noted none are first round picks" ??? yet most mocks have at least 2 of them drafted. You're floating a little too far away from reality. Ahhh finish us off with some good old Tyrod loving. Why did you refute earlier that your takes werent Tyrod related ? 25th in yards and losing to all .500 teams is good enough.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I have to agree here. A coach has to stick with a guy who is performing well no matter what the talent is behind him. Coaches will always be wary of the unknown and rarely stick their necks out. The D1system is tough, and these guys want to keep their jobs. On the other hand, Trubisky has shown when out in he could also deliver. It is so difficult to project how he will perform at the next level.

I coach for a living, and I can tell you how hard it is. You have to be willing to both believe in a guy on one hand and do your best to develop him, and have a contingency plan at the same time without that indicating you do believe in the first guy, if that makes any sense. It a lot tougher job to manage all those egos and the business side of it at the same time. Let's hope OBD figures it out this time. We sure as hell have been waiting long enough!

Greater needs than qb ? Can't wait for the next Whitner, Mccargo, Gilmore, Lawson, Leodis, Wood, Maybin or Spiller to get us to 8-8 !!

Trying to draft a franchise qb is bad ? I'm sure the Steelers and Ravens are mad they drafted Flacco and Big Ben and had success.

"It's been noted none are first round picks" ??? yet most mocks have at least 2 of them drafted. You're floating a little too far away from reality. Ahhh finish us off with some good old Tyrod loving. Why did you refute earlier that your takes werent Tyrod related ? 25th in yards and losing to all .500 teams is good enough.

So, you're okay with how our defense played last year? Especially the back end? You're okay with Butler, Powell, Lewis, and who ever we can grab off the streets to compete for the number 2 WR position? You're okay with Preston Brown never being in the correct position to make a tackle and trailing behind the play as our Will Linebacker?

You didn't comprehend anything I said, I clearly stated I don't mind drafting a prospect later in the draft at the QB position.

Yet, I'm the one floating away from reality. Personal attacks just void your argument completely.

So, you're okay with how our defense played last year? Especially the back end? You're okay with Butler, Powell, Lewis, and who ever we can grab off the streets to compete for the number 2 WR position? You're okay with Preston Brown never being in the correct position to make a tackle and trailing behind the play as our Will Linebacker?

You didn't comprehend anything I said, I clearly stated I don't mind drafting a prospect later in the draft at the QB position.

Yet, I'm the one floating away from reality. Personal attacks just void your argument completely.

The Tyrod excuse threads flowed all year long. Check the archives and add your thoughts there.

Don't get angry because you stated false info about the 2 first round qb's that show up in everyone's mock draft.

We have tons of Tyrod fanboys, everything you've said has been said 600 times by now. Some will agree with you, some still think Fitzpatrick is a good qb. This threads about Trubisky. Until Tyrod can show me the money I'm good on the excuses.

Miami, Atlanta, Green Bay, Oakland all had worse defenses yet made the playoffs.

Results not excuses please. Excuses and if's don't pay the bills son.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Getting rid of Rex and Rob will immediately improve that defense. And we will have a healthy Ragland and Lawson to add to the mix. Frankly, we could add defensive picks all day in every draft from now till Brady retires and we won't beat the Patriots unless we have an offense that score lots and lots of points.

The Tyrod excuse threads flowed all year long. Check the archives and add your thoughts there.

Don't get angry because you stated false info about the 2 first round qb's that show up in everyone's mock draft.

We have tons of Tyrod fanboys, everything you've said has been said 600 times by now. Some will agree with you, some still think Fitzpatrick is a good qb. This threads about Trubisky. Until Tyrod can show me the money I'm good on the excuses.

Miami, Atlanta, Green Bay, Oakland all had worse defenses yet made the playoffs.

Results not excuses please. Excuses and if's don't pay the bills son.

Angry? I'm not angry. I can make a rebuttal to your false claims without basing it on pure emotion. You act like you know me in your warped sense of reality, as you believe everyone that does not agree with your current same on the QB position is the same.

Honestly, I normally don't waste time responding individuals who shown classic manic like traits. But, as I see your feeble attempt to assassinate my character, I feel I need to show that you're pulling stuff out of your ass.

Those teams gave up 200+ yards rushing to running backs three times last season? Nope, we did though and two of those games our offense gave us an 11 point lead and 15 point lead in the 3rd quarter.

I don't think Mitch is worth our 10th overall pick with all the other needs on this TEAM. If we got him in the second, that'd be great. I like Mahomes personally.

Btw the team that won the Superbowl had the number 1 scoring defense in the league and held the most potent offense in the NFL to only 21 points, all the while having a QB that most consider the best of his ERA and possibly all time.

Who? I've never even heard of this guy. And he was an amazing college QB?

He wasn't even Tahj Boyd good.

Angry? I'm not angry. I can make a rebuttal to your false claims without basing it on pure emotion. You act like you know me in your warped sense of reality, as you believe everyone that does not agree with your current same on the QB position is the same.

Honestly, I normally don't waste time responding individuals who shown classic manic like traits. But, as I see your feeble attempt to assassinate my character, I feel I need to show that you're pulling stuff out of your ass.

Those teams gave up 200+ yards rushing to running backs three times last season? Nope, we did though and two of those games our offense gave us an 11 point lead and 15 point lead in the 3rd quarter.

That's just RyanLBz being RyanLBz. He loathes it when posters support Tyrod. I hated him at first but like him now for some reason. Acquired taste.

And I'm Team Mahomes as well...

Edited by r00tabaga

I don't think Mitch is worth our 10th overall pick with all the other needs on this TEAM. If we got him in the second, that'd be great. I like Mahomes personally.

Btw the team that won the Superbowl had the number 1 scoring defense in the league and held the most potent offense in the NFL to only 21 points, all the while having a QB that most consider the best of his ERA and possibly all time.

He wasn't even Tahj Boyd good.

"Manic traits"like lying about two 1st round qb's that vanished into thin air to fit your narrative? If you have a background in psychology you should talk shop with our poster "the enlightener".

Enjoy the meltdown bro, You're definetly cool, calm, and collected in this Trubisky thread that must deteriorate into another Tyrod thread.

It's not that serious, I hope you won't lose any wages for assassinating your own character.

Edited by Ryan L Billz