Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

Tannehill stats:

327 531 61.6 3744 7.1 6.9 29 15

Trubisky stats:

304 447 68.0 3748 8.4 9.1 30 6

I think he's a good deal better than Tannehill. Better accuracy, more than half of the INTs

One guy played in a pro style offense under Mike Sherman.

The other played in the spread and was in shotgun all the time.

I'm not saying Trubisky isn't accurate, but EJ Manuel completed 68% of his passes his last year at FSU. Is he accurate?

Edited by jrober38

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying Trubisky isn't accurate, but EJ Manuel completed 68% of his passes his last year at FSU. Is he accurate?

23:10 TD:INT ratio for EJ. Not bad, but 30:6 for Trubisky is ridiculous

Meh on Corey Davis. Reminds me a lot of that WR from Michigan State a few years back, who scouts said was the most pro ready WR on the draft. And he turned out to be sub par at everything.

I know exactly who you are talking about but I can't recall his name. That was a poor WR draft. I'm not sure any went in the first round that year. Same year we got Hardy I think. I believe a couple of good ones like Jordy Nelson and Desean Jackson were taken in the second round.

also, I'd say Trubisky, while he was in the shotgun most of the time, ran a more multiple read, pro-style offense with 3-4 WRs running varied route trees. It wasn't a dumbed down offense from a QB standpoint.

I know exactly who you are talking about but I can't recall his name. That was a poor WR draft. I'm not sure any went in the first round that year. Same year we got Hardy I think. I believe a couple of good ones like Jordy Nelson and Desean Jackson were taken in the second round.

Devin Thomas. Second WR off the board after Donnie Avery.

Neither is to be compared with C. Davis, who is an absolute stud and probably worthy of a top ten pick.

Devin Thomas. Second WR off the board after Donnie Avery.

Neither is to be compared with C. Davis, who is an absolute stud and probably worthy of a top ten pick.

man, i remember that guy. I was convinced he was going to be a stud and the Bills needed to draft him. We took James Hardy instead.

A bunch of teams missed on DeSean Jackson, including us, who was like the 7th WR off the board.

The draft is such a crap shoot.

I don't think trading up for him is necessary but I do think he's a long term answer at Qb and would have no problem with him at 10. Try to trade back in the second and get more pics.

Edited by DallasMac

man, i remember that guy. I was convinced he was going to be a stud and the Bills needed to draft him. We took James Hardy instead.

A bunch of teams missed on DeSean Jackson, including us, who was like the 7th WR off the board.

The draft is such a crap shoot.

Yeah 2008 was a funny year. Cudos to the Pack for targeting J. Nelson. Thought Jackson falling to the second was strange given the very strong endorsement he received from Jerry Rice, who knew him well.

Corey Davis is the real deal IMO. Does absolutely everything at a high level and does not appear to have any limitations or flaws to his game. Rare talent.

Trade up for a QB with a second round grade?

Seems alot like reaching for EJ.

We need to be smart at draft time. Can't fall in love with project QBs with real good players are left on the board. If you want a QB, you wait until round 2 and see who's left. None of these guys are a cut above the rest, so don't throw value out the window, along with a much safer elite prosect.

We need to be smart at draft time. Can't fall in love with project QBs with real good players are left on the board. If you want a QB, you wait until round 2 and see who's left. None of these guys are a cut above the rest, so don't throw value out the window, along with a much safer elite prosect.

Drafting at 10 would be nice. Lot of mocks have him going sooner though.

QB is hard to evaluate, but if you see a guy you like you get him. You don't wait till your pick and hope he's there. Franchise QBs are rare and can stabilize your roster and make you a perennial winning team. I'm not a QB scout, but I think Trubisky has the mental make-up and skills to be a top QB. I don't know if I'd take him at 10, but a smarter play would be to either trade back or trade up from the 2nd. If I were the Bills I'd be seriously working the phones to find his landing spot and our own. You don't mortgage the house, but you make an effort. And maybe in the end no trades work out and he falls to you in the 2nd anyways. I'd definitely pull the trigger in that scenario. Then let him sit behind Tyrod a few years and learn.

Trubisky is the only QB I'd be comfortable taking in the top half of the 1st round. Guy has all the tools, and has shown a high football IQ for a guy with pretty limited experience.

Wouldn't be mad at all if he was our pick at 10. Would make a hole at WR/DB (whichever we don't take in Rd. 2), but QB trumps all other needs.

Meh on Corey Davis. Reminds me a lot of that WR from Michigan State a few years back, who scouts said was the most pro ready WR on the draft. And he turned out to be sub par at everything.

Davis never really gets great separation even against inferior competition. If corners that can't even make division 1 ball keep up with him, how much more will the best corners in the world shut him down?! He's not a jump ball/circus catch WR. He needs separation to make a play, and I don't see that happening against NFL corners.

I would take Ross or Williams any day of the week over Davis, because their skill sets actually translate to the next level. Davis is fools gold IMO.

Devin Thomas. A lot of people wanted us to pick him. I believe that was the draft we took James Hardy in the 2nd.