Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

Greater needs than qb ? Can't wait for the next Whitner, Mccargo, Gilmore, Lawson, Leodis, Wood, Maybin or Spiller to get us to 8-8 !!

Trying to draft a franchise qb is bad ? I'm sure the Steelers and Ravens are mad they drafted Flacco and Big Ben and had success.

"It's been noted none are first round picks" ??? yet most mocks have at least 2 of them drafted. You're floating a little too far away from reality. Ahhh finish us off with some good old Tyrod loving. Why did you refute earlier that your takes werent Tyrod related ? 25th in yards and losing to all .500 teams is good enough.

I remember 2013 when Barkley, Smith and Nassib were mocked as first round picks.

Then the draft happened........

Edited by jrober38

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't failed to realize anything, it's been noted none of these QB's are worth a first round pick. So a player that had to sit behind someone who wasn't considered an NFL talent for 2 years, now jumps up the board and is considered to be one? Why? Just because the league is starved for good to great QB play? I mean has everyone lost their minds?

Umm, those are opinions not facts. My response specifically addressed the fact that you and at least one other poster questioned Trubisky's talent and potential based upon the fact he sat behind an incredibly productive QB at UNC. You posited that because he didn't start, he must not be very good. That's simply not the case.

Do we play James Madison and The Citadel this year?

Wonder what the leap was from the level of comp Carson Wentz had at North Dakota State to the NFL...

I am not the biggest Trubisky supporter, but I think we are a bit beyond the level of comp argument.

But Tru broke all the records, don't you think they should have put him in sooner? Does Larry Fedora need glasses?

Probably but Williams was there first and his play didn't warrant a benching.

If Trubisky didn't hit a grand slam as a junior he would've had a second year to light it up at UNC.

Get that money

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Wonder what the leap was from the level of comp Carson Wentz had at North Dakota State to the NFL...

I am not the biggest Trubisky supporter, but I think we are a bit beyond the level of comp argument.

Wentz was far more successful and more experienced.