Wheres the market for Zach Brown?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBMB---er, TBD hero.

He'll get picked up by somebody on a deal similar to what he got with us last year.

He's just not in the first wave of FA. He will certainly be signed by someone.

I mean he made the pro-bowl, granted as an alternate.

The pundits had me believing we could not afford the guy. Clearly we can with our cap space, and we let Klein go without apparently any interest.

I wonder if we are waiting to see what happens with Kendricks, or have a 5-6 million/year offer out to Brown who is also waiting to see what happens.

From the outside as a fan I'd have said if Alexander is with $4M plus per year than why big pay Brown $6M per. But the fact that the Bills only have to commit to 2 years with Alexander while Brown wants 4-5 could be an issue. Also there could always be a chance McDermmot just doesn't think Briwn is worth it / a scheme fit.

Miami is interested

The word is that he's waiting to see what Hightower signs for to set the market

"Hightower wants to become the NFL's highest-paid inside linebacker. Luke Kuechly currently is at over $12 million per year."

If Brown thinks he is going to sniff anything close to 12 million he's crazy.

"Hightower wants to become the NFL's highest-paid inside linebacker. Luke Kuechly currently is at over $12 million per year."

Honestly, I'd say the same about Hightower. Paying him an eight-figure annual salary wouldn't be smart business.

As far as Zach, I've said for a while that I could see him on both ends of the market spectrum. It depends on if they're more impressed with him before the bye or disappointed after it. Player with a history of not sustaining failing to play a full season at peak performance? I would've capped my offer around what Lorenzo got paid.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Honestly, I'd say the same about Hightower. Paying him an eight-figure annual salary wouldn't be smart business.

As far as Zach, I've said for a while that I could see him on both ends of the market spectrum. It depends on if they're more impressed with him before the bye or disappointed after it. Player with a history of not sustaining failing to play a full season at peak performance? I would've capped my offer around what Lorenzo got paid.

I agree with this

If Whaley has shown a strength at something it is his ability to find linebacker's

Kind of reminds me of the London Fletcher deal a few years back

You remember, the Bills said he was to old for a bigger contract THEN he went on to make the Pro Bowl 4 times in a row

I think it has more to do with how terrible he played the last month of the season.

Definitely looked like he "mailed it in"

He played well in the first half of the season but he reached a point where you could tell he was done buying in. He started playing less aggressively, "self-preservation" mode they call it. Knew the team was likely out of the playoffs, he was on a one-year deal, wasn't going to risk getting hurt and was/is hoping his good start in 2016 will be enough to cash in somewhere. I read earlier before free agency started that they had interest in retaining him but I'm betting they didn't offer him a great deal. And maybe McDermott picked up on that lack of effort he displayed at times and it's pretty clear, even with what little has been stated by OBD since they hired him, that he's not going to tolerate guys who wanna coast.

It means he would want to see what DT gets so he can have a better idea of his value within the market.

His twitter conversation with Preston Brown (something along the lines of going to miss playing together) all but assures that the current staff doesn't have them in their plans.

SMH :flirt::doh::thumbdown:

Edited by muppy

He is overvaluing himself.

Just think about it, his first two years in the league were good. Even after having those two good years, he got a small contract from the Bills this past year. Teams know what he is about, and it probably hasn't changed much based on another season of play.

Good player, but I think a lot of teams aren't interested, just like last season when he was on market.

I agree with this.......I think mailing it in at the end of the season hurt him....I would offer something similar to Lorax deal.

Kind of reminds me of the London Fletcher deal a few years back

You remember, the Bills said he was to old for a bigger contract THEN he went on to make the Pro Bowl 4 times in a row

He should have gone to the Pro Bowl when he was with the Bills. But they kept sending Zach Thomas.

Might as well just trade for Kuechly now and get it over with. We have the space for him

He has tremendous range. We have nobody that can go sideline to sideline as a LB. I would live to have him back and see what real D coaches can do with him.

Agree with this. I think there are a few ILBs that haven't signed yet - Hightower, Mincer - market is still being set. Sure Z will get his $ shortly.

He whiffed on a lot of tackles just like a lot of guys did, I wouldn't mind bringing him back but not break the bank.

There's whiffing like every player does at one time or another and then there's not making the effort to try. Not surprised in the least McD and Co. looked at the tape and thought ZB isn't their kind of player.