Wheres the market for Zach Brown?

Might we replace him with Zach Cunningham?

We seem to have more urgent first round needs. WR and CB/safety.

I've been telling people...Wlb is the most important player in a McD defense. I'm not sure if that translates to a Frazier D,but all signs point Wlb,Cb,S in the draft. Toss in Wr,and a little depth,and that's a wrap

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been telling people...Wlb is the most important player in a McD defense. I'm not sure if that translates to a Frazier D,but all signs point Wlb,Cb,S in the draft. Toss in Wr,and a little depth,and that's a wrap

That sounds about right. And the McDermott D will be the Frazier D. Still think they grab a QB in there somewhere , though.

That sounds about right. And the McDermott D will be the Frazier D. Still think they grab a QB in there somewhere , though.

I like Watson or Mahomes if they can get a late first pick or use the second on qb.

If not, I'd take a flier on Chad Kelly if Jim vouches for the fella.

What's all the quitter talk about? Did Zach do some quitting I was unaware of?

His production tailed off the second half of the season and some folks think he started playing soft and thinking about staying healthy for his next contract.

A lot of surmise.

Edited by Dr. Who

Nobody ever mentions this, I guess everybody forgot, but Rex Ryan's defense is known to create linebackers out of thin air. Just look at his teams over the years and they crank out linebackers from nowhere.

He's explained that openly before, the defensive linemen are supposed to tie up blockers and let the linebackers make the plays. That's one of the reasons Mario McPussypants became the cancer that he apparently is now permanently, because he didn't want his play to be setting up anybody else

I think the rest of the league has got wise to this and they don't overvalue linebackers in Rexys system. So it's entirely possible that brown comes back to us

Edited by Meathead

His production tailed off the second half of the season and some folks think he started playing soft and thinking about staying healthy for his next contract.

A lot of surmise.

I didn't really see a tail off. Couple monster games early on that skewed expectations maybe, and a couple of bad plays against Ajayi and others. But still finished second in the league in tackles.

Good points. and Frazier will run McD's D.

A lot of surmise.

I was wondering about this too. Hard to tell who was and wasn't laying down a little late in the season. Ryans had lost the Defense by then

I could see Brown getting 6-8 million per. He doesn't have the credentials that Hightower has.

that's much too much for him.

IMO

For what its worth Zack had a top 5-10 PFF rating through the initial 11-12 games but as RB's pile dup yardage against us he swooned big time in the last 4-5 games, I believe that's the tail off folks are referring too, which affected ratings in whatever metric you want to use for all our starting LB's and Shaq

The tail off was prominent enough that I was very surprised when he was named an alternative to the pro-bowl because lots of other ILB had better ratings

jc

I mean he made the pro-bowl, granted as an alternate.

The pundits had me believing we could not afford the guy. Clearly we can with our cap space, and we let Klein go without apparently any interest.

I wonder if we are waiting to see what happens with Kendricks, or have a 5-6 million/year offer out to Brown who is also waiting to see what happens.

Fill me in on the details on this hooker. I am out the loop on our LB FA hunt. Whos Kendricks?

For what its worth Zack had a top 5-10 PFF rating through the initial 11-12 games but as RB's pile dup yardage against us he swooned big time in the last 4-5 games, I believe that's the tail off folks are referring too, which affected ratings in whatever metric you want to use for all our starting LB's and Shaq

The tail off was prominent enough that I was very surprised when he was named an alternative to the pro-bowl because lots of other ILB had better ratings

jc

interesting. good to know. love these boards for tidbits like this.

Fill me in on the details on this hooker. I am out the loop on our LB FA hunt. Whos Kendricks?

Klein = Kuekleys backup from Carolina, went elsewhere

Kendricks = Lance Kendricks, TE from RAMS, our new TE coach was the rams OC, but he also signed elsewhere now.

Well he wasn't injured so something was going on? Maybe bring him back cheap on a 2 yr deal. Don't want to make the same mistake like London Fletcher.

Some players just want OUT. Teams are foolish to make them stay because they won't play with heart. ex LYNCH wanted OUT. Mario also wanted out.

Some players who ant more $$$ play harder, some just hold out. What type do you want on your team?

If Brown gets no offers then he has been schooled.

Some players just want OUT. Teams are foolish to make them stay because they won't play with heart. ex LYNCH wanted OUT. Mario also wanted out.

Some players who ant more $$$ play harder, some just hold out. What type do you want on your team?

If Brown gets no offers then he has been schooled.

I think Lynch wanted out because he knew the team wasn't going anywhere. The damn guy's retired and they still haven't gone anywhere.

Klein = Kuekleys backup from Carolina, went elsewhere

Kendricks = Lance Kendricks, TE from RAMS, our new TE coach was the rams OC, but he also signed elsewhere now.

i think he is talking about kendricks the lb from philly, i think they are trying to trade him before they probably cut him

I would really like to keep Brown. Not at all costs. Ragland can be the MLB, Spikes anchored that spot in 2014 and I think Ragland is better than Spikes in a lot of ways. But at OLB I don't see much outside of Preston Brown. I am not sure where Lorax fits as I think he is best suited for DE same goes for Shaq. Having Both Browns flank Ragland is a pretty good LB core behind a very good defensive line. Zach Brown gives them a lot better coverage from the lineback position which could be lacking with Ragland and Preston Brown.

What does that mean???

I believe that it means that he's on his way to someone who might pay him what he's looking for.

And that Oakland clearly didn't.

Also, the replies to that tweet are something. Raider fans think quite highly of themselves.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I believe that it means that he's on his way to someone who might pay him what he's looking for.

And that Oakland clearly didn't.

Also, the replies to that tweet are something. Raider fans think quite highly of themselves.

Hightower came up 3-5 million short on what he thought he would get... I wonder what ZB is looking at, 6 per? 15 guaranteed or maybe less. Teams are really getting tough on ILB value.

The longer he sits on the market, two things come to mind:

1) he will come cheaper and cheaper as time ticks on.

2) maybe he has overvalued himself and is seeking a contract higher than the market thinks he is worth.

Either way, for someone who believes you can't have too many Lbs, bringing him back at reasonable starter money would be a nice pick up. As far as I'm concerned, no news is good news