One Name I've Seen Nowhere

H2o

Kaepernick. Please don't turn this thread political. I think he's out of the league this year because he is a crap QB. I bet he's wishing he hadn't opted out of that $16,000,000 contract now.

I was ready to dismiss as being terrible but then I say his stats. 16 tds and 4 INTs on one of the least talent offenses in the NFL.

I honestly believe given his size and past history, he may have more upside than TT. If you could get him cheap, it could be an interesting competition.

He will be signed somewhere by the end of next week

Agreed...dont know if it will be by end of week, but he will get a chance somewhere...if Vick can be accepted back in the league, a guy making a peaceful statement to spur conversation around what was a terrible situation will get his shot.

Honestly, which ever teams misses on Romo (Denver or Houston) would be wise to kick the tires on Kap, as well as Cle, Jets, and even Bills. Could be a cheap guy to come in as good backup and even contend to start.

Edited by Alphadawg7

An under 60% career passer who is wildly inconsistent, even more so than Tyrod. He also can't throw an accurate deep pass like Taylor on top of lacking consistent accuracy in the middle of the field. Thanks, but no thanks.

I watch a lot of 49ers. Kaep has poor throwing mechanics, and his decision making is slow at times, but he's not as bad as people make him out to be. Considering the team around him, he had a pretty good year last year. When he's on the top of his game, he's very tough to handle.

With that being said, I wouldn't want him (if Taylor wasn't kept) just because of the distraction that comes along with him. The Bills have had enough off the field controversy over the last year or two.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Kaepernick. Please don't turn this thread political. I think he's out of the league this year because he is a crap QB. I bet he's wishing he hadn't opted out of that $16,000,000 contract now.

Yeah, that could go down as one of the stupidest financial moves by a player. Sure, maybe it was time for a change of scenery for both parties but the Niners may have cut or traded him had he not opted out. Not hearing anything about teams being interested in him.

The sad thing about Kap, what no one talks about is how much he gives to kids, his community, his camp etc. Time, his own money, endorsements, etc...and this was all before the kneeling. Hopefully, he can go somewhere and get a fresh start and focus on football again and see if he can't start to tap into all that potential again he flashed as a 2 way threat before SF lost all of their talented players. I think Denver would be an intriguing option and would compete for the job there...or Houston if Denver lands Romo instead of Houston.

Yeah, that could go down as one of the stupidest financial moves by a player. Sure, maybe it was time for a change of scenery for both parties but the Niners may have cut or traded him had he not opted out. Not hearing anything about teams being interested in him.

Im sure his decision to opt out of his contract wasnt made on a whim, Im sure his agent did his due diligence and spoke with his league contacts and advised Kap that his services will be wanted elsewhere and to opt out of his contract with the 9ers.

It's only free if another person agrees with your point of view! Some people are more American than others.

Freedoms come with consequences sometimes. He alienated a large number of people with his actions, which affects the bottom line, and everyone should be well aware this league is a business, and the purpose of any business is to make money.

I was ready to dismiss as being terrible but then I say his stats. 16 tds and 4 INTs on one of the least talent offenses in the NFL.

I honestly believe given his size and past history, he may have more upside than TT. If you could get him cheap, it could be an interesting competition.

He looked life he had lost all arm strength though.

You could probably get him for next to nothing as a solid QB2. If Tyrod went down, I'd certainly feel more comfortable with Kaep starting a few games than Cardale.

i'd be all for it if he had any strength or ability to throw. he's a weaker tyrod taylor. taylor has better mechanics, kaepernick not so much a mechanics guy.

Yeah, Harbaugh had him playing at a high level. Talent is there.

Great job not making it politically! So predictable.

if you choose to ignore it than you're better off... don't be so sensitive. if you want to keep it about football ignore whats not about football. is it that hard to be an adult these days?

just because something offends you doesn't mean you have to snowflake over it. you're better than that.

Yeah, Harbaugh had him playing at a high level. Talent is there.

ball placement was more or less terrible. he hit some wide open guys, sure. but he was actually worse than ej on many of his passes.

Do you play the national anthem in your back yard?

of course, every night he dresses in his postman uniform and plays taps as mrs howard (whatever that wenches name was) pets the cats on the porch.

Hot take alert.... he wasn't actually that bad last year.

in dennisons offense he won't succeed as good as others might due to his inaccuracy. dennison needs accuracy.

in dennisons offense he won't succeed as good as others might due to his inaccuracy. dennison needs accuracy.

Kaep would not fit imo as well. His accuracy is worse than Tyrod. He is a sub 60% career passer and was under 60% last year as well. He also boasts a career average of 7.3 yards per attempt. That's pretty putrid, an average which has been on the decline since 2012. Last year it was a mere 6.8 per. He did have a quality ratio with TD/INT, but that doesn't tell the whole story with him. The fact that he can only operate out of the Shotgun for the most part limits his options as well. It definitely doesn't make him a target for the Bills. The Kubiak/Dennision style of offense operates mainly from under Center. Tyrod is superior mechanically, footwork wise, and in overall arm talent. I don't think it would even be close if they had a camp battle. I think he is more on par with EJ if we are comparing him to past or present Bills QB's.

Great job not making it politically! So predictable.

but this time we made it 4 full comments into the thread before politics came up! That's a minor victory. And it was coupled with a shot at Kaep's back pack, so it really was only half political. (Compare: shots at Kaep's hair count as both political and nonpolitical)

Didn't Kap play last year well below his playing weight due to an injury? It's not surprising to see strength/accuracy lost on many of his throws.

This isn't an argument for signing him. I'm just saying.

I think the weight loss was due to him becoming vegan or something.