Reuben Foster Sent Home From Combine

Alabama's LB Foster got into a heated argument during his physical with a hospital employee and was sent home by the NFL, although the confrontation never got physical. He checked in at 6 Ft even, 229 lbs and was one of my picks at 10, wonder what this does for his draft prospects now.

Alabama's LB Foster got into a heated argument during his physical with a hospital employee and was sent home by the NFL, although the confrontation never got physical. He checked in at 6 Ft even, 229 lbs and was one of my picks at 10, wonder what this does for his draft prospects now.

Well, if the Bills are looking at "high character" guys only, not being able to get through a physical without getting into an argument with hospital staff is pretty damning.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

The tape don't lie. This kid is a stud. If he is there at 10 there is a good chance we pull the trigger on him.

Let the rest of the story come out but he wouldn't be the first person to freak out in a hospital. I hate those places.

The tape don't lie. This kid is a stud. If he is there at 10 there is a good chance we pull the trigger on him.

Let the rest of the story come out but he wouldn't be the first person to freak out in a hospital. I hate those places.

agreed, he is a baller, but what to do with him, play him inside and move Ragland out side or visa versa?

Foster is an outstanding football player, but this isn't a good look for a young man to get sent home for something like this. If the problems outweigh the talent then teams will shy away from that, especially early. He may have just cost himself quite a bit of money.

Very bizarre story.As for what to do with him it all depends.if we hang into Z Brown,I'd have him at the Wlb,Foster at Mlb,and Rags at Slb. Otherwise it's Foster at Wlb,P Brown at Mlb,and Rags at Slb. Of course all of them should be somewhat interchangeable, which would allow some disguised looks. By no means am I saying to play Rags at Weak,but you get the point.it'd be a nice question to have.....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18818375/reuben-foster-alabama-crimson-tide-booted-combine-argument

Here is a link with more detail

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Reuben-Fosters-threat-led-to-heated-exchange-at-combine-51594450

Some color on the situation. More douchey than 'roid ragey but still not a great look.

Ah beat me to it, I like that yours has actual quotes

agreed, he is a baller, but what to do with him, play him inside and move Ragland out side or visa versa?

Play him outside imo. He's still #1 on my bills draft board. Though that could change based on what we find out rhere grading the incident. He's just what this defense needs, especially if we lose zach brown.

So he's a young man who thinks he's entitled to anything&everything. ..sounds about par for today's youth.That don't diminish his skills tho,and shouldn't drop him out of a top 15 pick. I don't know why,but I always saw Ray Lewis in the same light. Confidence, or entitlement? Either way,he plays angry. A shot of attitude might go a long way on this roster,imo

Play him outside imo. He's still #1 on my bills draft board. Though that could change based on what we find out rhere grading the incident. He's just what this defense needs, especially if we lose zach brown.

That would be a ton of draft capital dedicated to the ILB position, I don't see that as being successful.

That would be a ton of draft capital dedicated to the ILB position, I don't see that as being successful.

i don't see him as an ILB in our scheme. I view him as an OLB playing next to Ragland. I have zero confidence in Preston. Zach may be too expensive. As of now, I believe we have 1 legit LB (Ragland) and he's yet to play a down. If we resign Zach or another good LB, Ruben isn't needed. But as of now, our LB unit is a one man show

i don't see him as an ILB in our scheme. I view him as an OLB playing next to Ragland. I have zero confidence in Preston. Zach may be too expensive. As of now, I believe we have 1 legit LB (Ragland) and he's yet to play a down. If we resign Zach or another good LB, Ruben isn't needed. But as of now, our LB unit is a one man show

how about TJ Watt in the 2nd, is he a DE or OLB at the next level?

how about TJ Watt in the 2nd, is he a DE or OLB at the next level?

Wish I could chime in on this one. Watt is one of the players I've looked at the least in this years draft. Looks like a LB for sure, just not sure which position. He's a bit tall for OLB in a 4-3 but if his athleticism matches up, might be a good fit. Blokes or Bandit care to chime in? Mocks are showing him going before our 2nd rd pick but who knows what can happen on draft day

"Do you know who I am?"

Yep, you're the idiot who just got sent home for being an arrogant douse bag!

guys a stud football player but speaks of character, sadly he has too little of it.

No one knows what went on in there as of now. Doesn't sound good for Rueben but I'd hate to make comments like that until I know exactly what happened

From articles I've read in the past, it seems as though the very worst part of the combine, for the guys involved, is all the medical assessments, which apparently do take pretty much most of the day to complete, including large amounts of time, spent waiting to be seen, by the next person who is going to poke and prod you about.

It's probably more of a surprise that something like this hasn't occurred before, in some respects.

That isn't to condone it, merely to put some perspective on it.

I find it somewhat amusing tbh, as it could be said that it's a salutary lesson, in what life could be like in the big, wide world, where not everybody gives a darn if you can play football, or not.

While I know nothing about the kid, he is probably going to end up being a stud in the NFL, from all accounts, but you are going to have to get some serious psycho-evaluations done on him, to decide if, or how, you need to handle him. Might just be a classic case of getting to a TC, and a vet sticks him on his butt, with a 'welcome to the NFL' sticker attached, or he might be a Burfict type nutter.

No one knows what went on in there as of now. Doesn't sound good for Rueben but I'd hate to make comments like that until I know exactly what happened

Well several are saying he pulled the do you know who I am card.

who ever does shy away from him, will lose out. he is nfl ready and comes from a program that was the best defense in the country. personally, I believe it will be a non issue?

Rolando McClain?

Alabama LBs are hard to rate because they play behind great d lines and get to run free. If anyone's stock rose today, it's the hospital employee. Do it!

So the NFL sends guys to the hospital? They can't afford to have doctors come to the combine?

Of course. But they aren't just seeing a doctor. They get tests, such as MRI's and other things. Does it make sense to bring all of that equipment and doctors to a stadium or hotel? No reason to not send them to the hospital. Everything is already there.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Reuben-Fosters-threat-led-to-heated-exchange-at-combine-51594450

Some color on the situation. More douchey than 'roid ragey but still not a great look.

What a POS. I hate people like this. He's the same kind of a--hole who ends up screaming at airline employees when a flight is delayed.

Over/under on the # arrests in his NFL career: 3.5

Edited by KD in CA

Ummm....hospital employees are human and can be a$&&&oles too. Let's not make Foster into Rae Carruth just yet.

22 year old kid making a mistake, no big deal. The surprise would have been if the hospital worker replied "you're the Butkus award winning first team all American who won the national championship two years ago"

Of course this kid has an ego, I would be worried if he didn't.

Edited by Commonsense

22 year old kid making a mistake, no big deal. The surprise would have been if the hospital worker replied "you're the Butkus award winning first team all American who won the national championship two years ago"

Of course this kid has an ego, I wouldn't be worried if he didn't.

That's the important thing to remember - this is just one mistake. It's not like others that show a pattern of behavioural issues.

It's a stupid thing for Reuben to do. This is THE job interview, it's a 4-day ordeal, you're getting stressed a lot physically and mentally. You can't snap because the microscope is on you. If he suffers consequences from this, it's his own fault. Not putting me off from taking him at 10 though, unless more details emerge than have currently done so.

Rolando McClain?

Alabama LBs are hard to rate because they play behind great d lines and get to run free. If anyone's stock rose today, it's the hospital employee. Do it!

hopefully ragland will turn some heads. I agree with your point but there have been some good players that have come out of alabama. based on your handle, you're aware of that.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

So he's a young man who thinks he's entitled to anything&everything. ..sounds about par for today's youth.That don't diminish his skills tho,and shouldn't drop him out of a top 15 pick. I don't know why,but I always saw Ray Lewis in the same light. Confidence, or entitlement? Either way,he plays angry. A shot of attitude might go a long way on this roster,imo

Playing with a lot of heart is one thing playing angry is NOT playing smart.

I relish the days when the Bills play without flags on EVERY play.

A player with talent does not need to be angry to succeed.

That's the important thing to remember - this is just one mistake. It's not like others that show a pattern of behavioural issues.

It's a stupid thing for Reuben to do. This is THE job interview, it's a 4-day ordeal, you're getting stressed a lot physically and mentally. You can't snap because the microscope is on you. If he suffers consequences from this, it's his own fault. Not putting me off from taking him at 10 though, unless more details emerge than have currently done so.

At 10? You have him playing outside or inside in this scheme? I'm having a hard time fitting anyone in right now, Davis and Kuechly were just too damn good.

I don't care if this guy is high character or not. The Bills just spent 3 picks last year on linebacker. If we spend a top ten pick on linebacker he better be a top 2 in the NFL at his position because you can find linebackers later in the draft.