Hire Lynn already

r00tabaga

I want A Lynn as HC for continuity on O, and a new D coordinator. Keep TT as bridge guy and draft a QB. His cap # is equal to his level at the position.

This game highlighted the problem is mostly on D and it will not change with Rex as HC. He is too stubborn. I anticipate he will be fired Monday and Lynn will coach last game as interm. I hope he's promoted immediately.

100% in agreement

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal was saying this morning that Lynn's demeanor is more like Coughlin than Rex. He's very serious ... he has a HC / respect command of the room. hire a couple good coordinators and don't change the offense except for where he wants to. One of the most important things for an offense to be successful is comfort level in the system.

Edited by YoloinOhio

It would also fit into the "Continuity" argument. He knows the talent on hand, strengths, weaknesses etc. And it's been reported the players like him.

This is my feeling too, the "continuity compromise" candidate. Have some continuity on offense but remove every shred of Rex's putrid defense and any staff member who ever was exposed to it. Spray the entire D staff offices down with disinfecting bleach. Bring in a DC who will not be slavishly tied to some scheme that will require you to rebuild personnel over the next 3 yrs. Bring in a DC that will ADAPT TO THE PERSONNEL YOU HAVE.

You can win with mediocre offense an decent D in this league. You simply can't win with crappy defense.

This is my feeling too, the "continuity compromise" candidate. Have some continuity on offense but remove every shred of Rex's putrid defense and any staff member who ever was exposed to it. Spray the entire D staff offices down with disinfecting bleach. Bring in a DC who will not be slavishly tied to some scheme that will require you to rebuild personnel over the next 3 yrs. Bring in a DC that will ADAPT TO THE PERSONNEL YOU HAVE.

You can win with mediocre offense an decent D in this league. You simply can't win with crappy defense.

Hmmm really is ATL in playoffs?

If Rex is fired and Lynn is indeed promoted then I wouldn't mind having Vic Fangio as DC if he's available.

I think Fangio is a good Defensive coach...Better than Rex...But I would argue bringing a 3-4 guy in is a BIG mistake based on the Bills current front 7 personnel...I think Rex has pretty much proven that...

Dareus and KW are far better suited inside in a 4 man front...Shaq Lawson IS NOT an OLB, but should fit nicely at 4-3 DE...Hughes is much better as a down DE...I'm guessing they would pencil in Ragland at the Mike, and they would need to get an athletic Will...But otherwise they are set on the front 7 if they want to run a traditional 4 man front...

I strongly believe a ton of the Bills problems on Defense was Rex's scheme and the personnel never matching it...

My preference for Bills DC is Gus Bradley... B-)

The rumor was that Rex already told A Lynn that he's in line for his job and this was it... remember that from earlier this season?

I remember that very well. I responded "that's not his job to give", but maybe Rex is better at predicting the future than running a football team (or even just a defense).

In the meantime, Rob can afford to give Rex a much better Christmas present.....

I think Fangio is a good Defensive coach...Better than Rex...But I would argue bringing a 3-4 guy in is a BIG mistake based on the Bills current front 7 personnel...I think Rex has pretty much proven that...

Dareus and KW are far better suited inside in a 4 man front...Shaq Lawson IS NOT an OLB, but should fit nicely at 4-3 DE...Hughes is much better as a down DE...I'm guessing they would pencil in Ragland at the Mike, and they would need to get an athletic Will...But otherwise they are set on the front 7 if they want to run a traditional 4 man front...

I strongly believe a ton of the Bills problems on Defense was Rex's scheme and the personnel never matching it...

An athletic Will? I suspect Zach Brown could play that spot. If he's re-signed. Bradley could be a good one. Possibly the Pagano brothers will also be available.

I understand that Petine had a tough time against the run but we did have a ton of sacks and a boat load of turnovers. If he tightened up the run defense I wouldn't mind seeing him here again and the players loved playing for him. They were all for an aggressive approach. Swartz was my favorite but he's not leaving Philly. Would Ron Rivera be a good choice if he gets axed in Carolina? I don't see that happening though.

I understand that Petine had a tough time against the run but we did have a ton of sacks and a boat load of turnovers. If he tightened up the run defense I wouldn't mind seeing him here again and the players loved playing for him. They were all for an aggressive approach. Swartz was my favorite but he's not leaving Philly. Would Ron Rivera be a good choice if he gets axed in Carolina? I don't see that happening though.

People need to stop talking about Pettine. He isn't good enough as a coach. Didn't matter where he coached his run defense is always GARBAGE. Awesome a sack know first down but then we let an 8 yard run on second down. His flashy stats that get these poor fans excited were all shadows of his reality.

Edited by Beef Jerky

See his defense in CLE. No difference. Just another antiquated 46 Rex Ryan defense

I did mention Bill Parcells speaking highly of him. Please don't disregard that. It's significant.

You usually don't hear all the details of qualities of an assistant coach, the fact that he's interviewed would probably show that he has the qualities of a successful head coach. What do you need to hear to convince you that he's held in high regard. Idiots that some may be, the guys on TV do have conversations with team management. They probably have better insight than we do.

I want A Lynn as HC for continuity on O, and a new D coordinator. Keep TT as bridge guy and draft a QB. His cap # is equal to his level at the position.

This game highlighted the problem is mostly on D and it will not change with Rex as HC. He is too stubborn. I anticipate he will be fired Monday and Lynn will coach last game as interim. I hope he's promoted immediately.

Continuity without Rex. The continuity that the Pegulas should have kept with Schwartz's defense. Keep the unit that works, and try to fix the defense. Better than to install two new philosphies to the two respective units.

Lynn as HC, OC of his choice that follows his philosophy and as KOKBILLS says a guy like Bradley to run the defense. Follow the Ravens blueprints, hire failed HC that are good coordinators (Ravens OC the last few years: Cam Cameron, Gary Kubiak, Marty Mornhingweg, Mark Trestman)

Also fire Carpenter and the ST coach, let him follow Marrone to wherever he is going.

Keep TT, see if he can handle a more open playbook and keep developing Cardale Jones.

If people are wondering what Lynn wants to do he said that he admires his friend Todd Haley and studies his game plans. So look at Todd Haley as the type of offense Lynn will want to run.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09/steelers-film-room-todd-haleys-playbook/

Dont think TT has shown he can execute said offense though.

If people are wondering what Lynn wants to do he said that he admires his friend Todd Haley and studies his game plans. So look at Todd Haley as the type of offense Lynn will want to run.

now I see why he got cute at the end with the playcalling. That's a Todd Haley staple.

What happens if Lynn changes Greg Roman's offense and it doesn't do as well? Will he still be a genius?

Don't see the need to make the change with one game left, the offence will be the same, so we know what to expect there and the defence will still underperform. Is it worth signing him to a HC contact so others don't interview him?

Wouldn't it be best conduct a thorough HC search in the offseason? I get everyone is angry at Rex but it's seems like being it's just being petty for one game. Had they fired Rex with 4 games to go, that would have been a different, now irrelevant sorry.

It would be good if performance based contacts were the norm. Give the HC half a mil for every win.

What about someone like venables from Clemson or Chavis from Texas a & m to be dc? I like Lynns offense, I am a little reluctant bc of his association with Rex . We definitely need to bring back Donnie Henderson . I miss the days of bobby April on special teams. I would also draft a kicker, which I think will become much more commonplace in the near future, especially with the nfl placing more emphasis on the kicking game with their rule changes.

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn