Hire Lynn already

r00tabaga

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your just parroting what you hear on tv? You have no idea why he's held in such high regard? I'm just skeptical that teams say he was such a great interview yet none hired him to be a head coach or offensive coordinator? Seems strange to me.

I did mention Bill Parcells speaking highly of him. Please don't disregard that. It's significant.

You usually don't hear all the details of qualities of an assistant coach, the fact that he's interviewed would probably show that he has the qualities of a successful head coach. What do you need to hear to convince you that he's held in high regard. Idiots that some may be, the guys on TV do have conversations with team management. They probably have better insight than we do.

Fine interview him these are the 2 questions that needs to be asked.

1. What is your plan at QB?

2. What is your passing philosophy and what QB skills are needed to execute.

What answers would you want before he is hired?

If he was answering that question today it might be something like

"well my offense is 5th in the NFL in scoring soooooo"

Fine interview him these are the 2 questions that needs to be asked.

1. What is your plan at QB?

2. What is your passing philosophy and what QB skills are needed to execute.

What answers would you want before he is hired?

I would ask him 1 question:

Who will your DC be?

We've scored 24 points or more with Lynn 9 out of 12 games...that's pretty damn consistent with what he's had to work with...Better than a lot of teams with "great offenses" that throw the ball a lot

Edited by matter2003

We've scored 24 points or more with Lynn 9 out of 12 games...that's pretty damn consistent with what he's had to work with...Better than a lot of teams with "great offenses" that throw the ball a lot

and that's without the full offseason to prepare your own playbook, which all coordinators usually have. He's done very well.

I don't understand all the hype for Lynn. He has been with Rex for a long time now as a rb coach. Why is he all of a sudden a "hot name" to be a head coach. What track record of success does he have? His playcalling in ot killed the momentum that the offense had. I don't believe that he has a great feel for the game.

He's not suddenly anything. He interviewed for open gigs last off season and his name is mentioned for the Rams. He's well respected around the league.

and that's without the full offseason to prepare your own playbook, which all coordinators usually have. He's done very well.

Ok so he has tweaked Romans playbook decently.

That means we should make him HC?

Umn.....I think Lynn might point to the defense on that

Figured i would get that response always throw something else under the bus.

Still no answer of what What do you do at QB or how do you modernize and actually develop and NFL passing attack

But the triple option, speed option and wildcat Army offense looks great in red white and blue

Edited by MAJBobby

He should be considered. The players seem to respond well to him and he's well respected around the league. See who he wants for DC and if it sounds good maybe he's the right guy.

He should certainly be considered. Why shouldn't he be. Success as a coordinator usually opens the door. Taking over an offense during the season is not an easy thing to succeed at. I think it speaks well of him.

Figured i would get that response always throw something else under the bus.

Still no answer of what What do you do at QB or how do you modernize and actually develop and NFL passing attack

But the triple option, speed option and wildcat Army offense looks great in red white and blue

You figured you would get that answer because thats the main problem

and as far as the offense.....what happens if they start throwing all over the place? Go from 5th in scoring to 1st in scoring....is that going to happen?

You figured you would get that answer because thats the main problem

and as far as the offense.....what happens if they start throwing all over the place? Go from 5th in scoring to 1st in scoring....is that going to happen?

Can you prove its not.

I asked two very simple questions about modernizing HS at best passing concept and what skills does your QB need to execute your passing offense

And ask what reponses people would like to hear and i get a scoring stat for a Team that has missed the playoffs yet again

Can you prove its not.

I asked two very simple questions about modernizing HS at best passing concept and what skills does your QB need to execute your passing offense

And ask what reponses people would like to hear and i get a scoring stat for a Team that has missed the playoffs yet again

You dont think that is highly improbable?

Dont you think that the defense improving with a DC that understand the talent of its players has a BETTER job of improving the team?

Yes I would like to see our passing game better.....do we blow it up with hope that our offensive effeciency improves 4 spots?

You dont think that is highly improbable?

Dont you think that the defense improving with a DC that understand the talent of its players has a BETTER job of improving the team?

Yes I would like to see our passing game better.....do we blow it up with hope that our offensive effeciency improves 4 spots?

What am i blowing up the NFLs dead last ranked passing game?

I think most of us are saying he deserves a look and of course every guy they interview will be asked probably hundreds of specific questions about Tyrod, the offense and the entire football operation. I think it is most important to find out what kind of coaches he is connected to and who would come in as our assistants? Would he run the offense or would he have someone like the wide receiver coach "just to throw something out" run the offense? It would probably be someone who knows him and that he has worked with. I wouldn't be surprised to see Petine come back because they worked together in NY.

He should be considered. The players seem to respond well to him and he's well respected around the league. See who he wants for DC and if it sounds good maybe he's the right guy.

It would also fit into the "Continuity" argument. He knows the talent on hand, strengths, weaknesses etc. And it's been reported the players like him.

Edited by purple haze

Only bills fans wants crap for HC's...

You'd want a coach with a ring but history says few coaches win championships with a second team. So do we roll the dice on an up-and-coming coordinator?

Why exactly is Lynn such a hot prospect?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You'd want a coach with a ring but history says few coaches win championships with a second team. So do we roll the dice on an up-and-coming coordinator?

what makes anyone a hot prospect? People on the inside watch assistants and look for qualities that would translate into success at the HC level. Obviously, it's a far from perfect system, but it's seems he has something desirable.

Edited by klos63

I keep asking the same question and the only answer is "he's well respected around the league". If he was so well respected then you expect someone who interviewed him to hire him as head coach or offensive coordinator but none did. I'll say it again, he's a 15 year rb coach who never got promoted until we fired our on this year. I would think twice about hiring him.

what makes anyone a hot prospect? People on the inside watch assistants and look for qualities that would translate into success at the HC level. Obviously, it's a far from perfect system, but it's seems he has something desirable.

Based on?

A couple Rooney Rule interviews and a rumor about the Rams?

Based on?

So black assistants only get interviewed because of the rooney rule? I can't believe all the owners are racist.

Based on?

So are you discounting any job rumor about him because he's black?

Edited by klos63

So black assistants only get interviewed because of the rooney rule? I can't believe all the owners are racist.

In fact there have been several instances where a team knew who they wanted to hire but had to interview black assistants because of the rule.

All those interviews did he even get a promotion? Fact is the NFL created the Rooney Rule system go back and look i bet he was the ONLY minority interviewed for those teams that talked to him last year.

And did i say the rumor about the Rams had anything to do with the Rooney Rule? No I said people want to use a rumor (not even an actual interview) as proof he is respected in the league

In fact there have been several instances where a team knew who they wanted to hire but had to interview black assistants because of the rule.

I understand that. Doesn't mean that Lynn isn't considered to be a good HC prospect and any interviews shouldn't immediately be discredited.

I understand that. Doesn't mean that Lynn isn't considered to be a good HC prospect and any interviews shouldn't immediately be discredited.

It also shouldnt point to some interviews means he is considered to be a good HC prospect and be used to try and point to some mythical well respected in the league stuff.

Fact is he has been coaching in NFL a ton and only got a promotion in season because an OC was fired. And now in Buffalo Bills land he should be the next HC and he is very respected in the league

Edited by MAJBobby

All those interviews did he even get a promotion? Fact is the NFL created the Rooney Rule system go back and look i bet he was the ONLY minority interviewed for those teams that talked to him last year.

And did i say the rumor about the Rams had anything to do with the Rooney Rule? No I said people want to use a rumor (not even an actual interview) as proof he is respected in the league

you'd lose that bet. Miami interviewed Lynn and Teryl Austin, that was first interview I checked on.. I didn't check the other teams that interviewed him.

I just want to be sure it's not a case of "Doug Marrone is a hot prospect" media hype. Find out who Lynn's agent is and see if any reporters have the same agent. Edited by PromoTheRobot

It also shouldnt point to some interviews means he is considered to be a good HC prospect and be used to try and point to some mythical well respected in the league stuff.

Fact is he has been coaching in NFL a ton and only got a promotion in season because an OC was fired. And now in Buffalo Bills land he should be the next HC and he is very respected in the league

Despite all the coaching changes each year, there are still very few jobs available and so many assistant coaches looking for those jobs.

I just want to be sure it's not a case of "Doug Marrone is a hot prospect" media hype. Find out who Lynn's agent is and see if any reporters have the same agent.

Even if he's not the 'hot prospect' . I think he's done very well , immediately turned around our offense. Not an easy thing to do midstream without Sammy most of the season. Something to be said to maintain some continuity when the team isn't in need of a total rebuild too.

Despite all the coaching changes each year, there are still very few jobs available and so many assistant coaches looking for those jobs.

Yeah forgot college doesnt cycle through coahes all the time too.

And yeah forgot that a well respected guy in the league in 15 years takes an OC to be fired before he gets promoted. Doesnt sound to well respected does it?

so are you discounting both minority interviews now? Let me guess, now they need to interview 3 to satisfy you?

Didnt discredit anything I said "I FORGOT" that MIA Czar interviewed his former employee. Also to make this easier for you to grasp I FORGOT Lynn interviewed in MIA

I knew off top of my head he interviewed in San Fran last year

Edited by MAJBobby

As far as the Rooney rule thing goes, evidently Lynn himself thinks it may be playing a role in getting interviews. He says he's not doing any interviews unless they've already interviewed a minority candidate.

As far as him being great, what he's done as OC he took over the leagues top running offense two years running and didn't fug it up.

Didnt discredit anything I said "I FORGOT" that MIA Czar interviewed his former employee. Also to make this easier for you to grasp I FORGOT Lynn interviewed in MIA

I knew off top of my head he interviewed in San Fran last year

So you probably shouldn't be betting on what happened in the interview process if you don't even know who Lynn interviewed with.

As far as the Rooney rule thing goes, evidently Lynn himself thinks it may be playing a role in getting interviews. He says he's not doing any interviews unless they've already interviewed a minority candidate.

As far as him being great, what he's done as OC he took over the leagues top running offense two years running and didn't fug it up.

There had to be a reason to fire roman, so I imagine there were problems on offense which Roman was apparently fuggin up.

Yeah forgot college doesnt cycle through coahes all the time too.

And yeah forgot that a well respected guy in the league in 15 years takes an OC to be fired before he gets promoted. Doesnt sound to well respected does it?

I don't know why he didn't get a promotion prior to this season, but he sure hasn't made the team regret the OC change.

I want A Lynn as HC for continuity on O, and a new D coordinator. Keep TT as bridge guy and draft a QB. His cap # is equal to his level at the position.

This game highlighted the problem is mostly on D and it will not change with Rex as HC. He is too stubborn. I anticipate he will be fired Monday and Lynn will coach last game as interim. I hope he's promoted immediately.

Edited by YoloinOhio