Hire Lynn already

r00tabaga

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offense sh*t the bed in important moments in crunch time today. An end around just outside the red zone when the Dolphins had shown they couldn't stop you all game long? What was the need for any trickery?

600 yds of offense.

And a loss. Its a team game. Offense scores there and it doesn't matter how bad the D was.

I'm not "blaming" the O, I'm saying they didn't do enough to win. And they didn't. They were obviously the best unit in the field today but, unfortunately, the Bills needed more and the O couldn't put the game away when it had opportunities to.

Didn't we score the next play?

No, two plays later they attempted a 46 yard field goal which carp missed.

Offense sh*t the bed in important moments in crunch time today. An end around just outside the red zone when the Dolphins had shown they couldn't stop you all game long? What was the need for any trickery?

To your first comment: Getting the ball down four with 4:00 to go and driving 89 yards to score the go ahead TD with 1:20 to go is Sh*tting the bed? Or driving to get in field goal range on the first drive of OT? I understand you not liking the trick play to Bush deep in Miami's territory but that's a stretch if I've ever heard one. The offense is the only unit, coaching staff included, that did it's job.(AND THEN SOME 589 yards & 31 points against a very good team) :doh:

ALynn has consistently called the wrong plays in crunch time. He did it again today, in spades, with the reverse to Reggie Bush (with the game on the line, ALynn decided to give it to a guy with 11 carries for 5 yards on the year), and the pass on 3rd and 3 instead of running it on 3rd and 4th down in a must-win situation. I don't want him to be my HC.

Lynn needs to be punched in the face for the last two red zone play calls in OT. But other than that, when your offense produces 600 yards of offense, and overcomes multiple 2 touchdown deficits to take a 3 point lead with 1:20 in regulation, they typically are doing something right.

This Ryan defense needs to go. Burn it down build it up. Offense did their job today.

Fire Carp too. Get kicker anywhere else.

I'm not for firing a coach in their 2nd year, but it's all on the defense and there's no reason to think it will improve dramatically next season. I'd like to promote Lynn and keep Tryod. I would be inexcusable to release Taylor without a better replacement.

That would be a mistake, big reason we are in this situation is that the Pegulas were swooned by Rex after a couple meetings. Need to do an extensive coaching search, interviewing the top coordinators and no retreads.

Get rid of Rex now. Let Lynn get final game.

To your first comment: Getting the ball down four with 4:00 to go and driving 89 yards to score the go ahead TD with 1:20 to go is Sh*tting the bed? Or driving to get in field goal range on the first drive of OT? I understand you not liking the trick play to Bush deep in Miami's territory but that's a stretch if I've ever heard one. The offense is the only unit, coaching staff included, that did it's job.(AND THEN SOME 589 yards & 31 points against a very good team) :doh:

The bottom line is the Bills had a chance to win the game and didn't. The O could have put it in the end zone. They didn't. The D could have made a stop or caused a turnover, they didn't. ST could have kicked a FG, they didn't.

One of the units could have made a play to put the game a way, nobody did. They all share the blame. Its not an equal share of the blame, the O outplayed them all, easily. If everybody was carrying their weight the O would have done enough. But that doesn't absolve them completely. They left plays out there that could have won the game. This is indisputable.

Im unsure why this is such a difficult thing to understand. When a team loses, no matter how they lose, there is blame to go around to all the units.

I don't understand all the hype for Lynn. He has been with Rex for a long time now as a rb coach. Why is he all of a sudden a "hot name" to be a head coach. What track record of success does he have? His playcalling in ot killed the momentum that the offense had. I don't believe that he has a great feel for the game.

He's not suddenly a hot name. He was interviewed last year. He is highly regarded throughout the league. People who are closer to the game than we fans are seem to see some pretty good things in him.

I'd be ok with him getting promoted.

I don't understand all the hype for Lynn. He has been with Rex for a long time now as a rb coach. Why is he all of a sudden a "hot name" to be a head coach. What track record of success does he have? His playcalling in ot killed the momentum that the offense had. I don't believe that he has a great feel for the game.

We had 600 yards offense, my guess is, despite a few questionable calls, he has a great feel for the game.

We matched Miami score for score.....not every play was perfect but this is def not on the O in any way

Yeah, let Lynn finish out the season while we get our coaching search going. Interview him just because of his race then release everyone at the end of the season.

Let the new coach bring in his guys.

Imo

Yeah, let Lynn finish out the season while we get our coaching search going. Interview him just because of his race then release everyone at the end of the season.

Let the new coach bring in his guys.

Imo

Or interview him because he's held in high regard around the league.

Lynn scares me in crunch time. To end the game in regulation he only takes one shot at the end zone. He gets away with it because we connected with Clay but he put all the pressure on one play because he kept running the ball. His razzle dazzle reverse to Bush was one of the plays that cost us a victory. You made our already shaky kicker have to kick a longer field goal instead of just running it up the middle. I agree that Rex is a total bum and he proved it again today with his putrid defense but I'm not so sure I'm ready to anoint Lynn.

When you score 24 points 11 times during a season and your team is 5-6 in those games, its definitely not the offense causing the issues...

I'd definitely be OK with this...from everything that has been said about him he is a no nonsense guy who expects and demands a lot of his players and they respect him for it.

You keep saying that he's held in "high regard" around the league? He's been a rb coach since 2000 and never been promoted until earlier this year. Explain why he is held in such high regard?

You'd have to ask the teams that interview him that. Just telling you what I hear. He was a Parcells assistant coach and he has spoken highly of him. Parcells is a HOF coach, he carries a lot of credibility in my opinion.

And a loss. Its a team game. Offense scores there and it doesn't matter how bad the D was.

I'm not "blaming" the O, I'm saying they didn't do enough to win. And they didn't. They were obviously the best unit in the field today but, unfortunately, the Bills needed more and the O couldn't put the game away when it had opportunities to.

No, two plays later they attempted a 46 yard field goal which carp missed.

Again... 31 points and 600 yds of O and they didn't do enough? You're kidding right?

You'd have to ask the teams that interview him that. Just telling you what I hear. He was a Parcells assistant coach and he has spoken highly of him. Parcells is a HOF coach, he carries a lot of credibility in my opinion.

So your just parroting what you hear on tv? You have no idea why he's held in such high regard? I'm just skeptical that teams say he was such a great interview yet none hired him to be a head coach or offensive coordinator? Seems strange to me.