Keep Russ Brandon away from the HC interviewing process

Jerry Jabber

I don't want Russ Brandon or Kim Pegula involved at all in the coaching search. Russ heavily suggested Wrecks and even told Wrecks that Terry likes Red wine (to help schmooze Terry over). Russ was the one who proclaimed the Bills were not going to leave any stone unturned in his previous coaching search and stopped at the third guy he interviewed [Marrone]. Before Russ got infatuated with Marrone, he liked Whisenhunt a lot (another loser). Keep that guy away from the interviewing process altogether, otherwise the Bills will choose another terrible coach.

I don't want Russ Brandon or Kim Pegula involved at all in the coaching search. Russ heavily suggested Wrecks and even told Wrecks that Terry likes Red wine (to help schmooze Terry over). Russ was the one who proclaimed the Bills were not going to leave any stone unturned in his previous coaching search and stopped at the third guy he interviewed [Marrone]. Before Russ got infatuated with Marrone, he liked Whisenhunt a lot (another loser). Keep that guy away from the interviewing process altogether, otherwise the Bills will choose another terrible coach.

Good luck!

I'm guessing you're the guy who replies all in company wide emails. You're the guy who doesn't know how to mute his phone on a conference call. You're the guy filling everyone's inbox with chain letters and "viral" jokes from 1998 as if its new material.

I'm guessing you're the guy who replies all in company wide emails. You're the guy who doesn't know how to mute his phone on a conference call. You're the guy filling everyone's inbox with chain letters and "viral" jokes from 1998 as if its new material.

Nice try

Bite your tongue, Rusty will leave no stone unturned, he will scower the country for every possible hire, going to college campuses far & wide. He will use his great analytic department that he created over at OBD to help him in this search. & when he does find the right candidate he will lock down all the exits to make sure said candidate does not leave the building. Then him & K-9 will high five each in his office while listening to "we will rock you" knowing he nailed down another head coaching hire.

How long have you been holding on to that one? I guess since 1998.

Why Kim? She's an owner, first off. Secondly, what is up with posters singling her out? As if she made the decision to hire Rex and totally overrode her husbands opinion?

The Pegulas, both of them, share the blame for the hire.

Bite your tongue, Rusty will leave no stone unturned, he will scower the country for every possible hire, going to college campuses far & wide. He will use his great analytic department that he created over at OBD to help him in this search. & when he does find the right candidate he will lock down all the exits to make sure said candidate does not leave the building. Then him & K-9 will high five each in his office while listening to "we will rock you" knowing he nailed down another head coaching hire.

Why not? What was it that PT Barnum said? What minute were you born in?

Yessssssssss!!! :lol:

I don't understand how Terry could have been rolled by Rex. He dealt with hustlers in the fracking industry and thrived

What I don't get is the 5-year contract. The initial hire is one thing and although I, like many had some concerns, felt that there was the potential for some good things. Just don't see how he was a "must have" to get that long a deal.

So answer me this, who should be involved? I guess you're OK with Terry and DW. Who else? While I'll agree that RB doesn't have anywhere near the football knowledge compared to Whaley, he still has more knowledge that Terry or Kim, or almost everyone on this board. Think you'd want more than two people talking to him, in fact if I were Terry, I'd tell DW, once you know who you want to hire, I want to talk with him , but it's 100% your choice on who to hire. So then who else should be involved? Overdolf?

Remember when Russ told us the "Brand has been tarnished and its unacceptable" back in 2013. Well I remember and guess what Rusty. The Brand is still tarnished!

This guy deserves a One Way Ticket out of town not the title of Managing Partner and President. He knows nothing about building a winning football team and hiring the right people to do so. His track record speaks for itself. Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley, Doug Marrone, Rex Ryan and now he continue to advise the Pegula's about how to direct this franchise and who is qualified to do so.

We'll Rusty you are not qualified for this position and I hope you, Doug Whaley and Rex are all gone come January 2nd. However I know this will not be the case because you and Whaley have already started the finger pointing and this year it appears to be the coaches fault.

When will you be held accountable?

Edited by Jeff Wright's Mullet

What I don't get is the 5-year contract. The initial hire is one thing and although I, like many had some concerns, felt that there was the potential for some good things. Just don't see how he was a "must have" to get that long a deal.

Ryan asked for it and got it. That simple. Must have been one helluva bottle of red wine; probably an investment wine.

Remember when Russ told us the "Brand has been tarnished and its unacceptable" back in 2013. Well I remember and guess what Rusty. The Brand is still tarnished!

This guy deserves a One Way Ticket out of town not the title of Managing Partner and President. He knows nothing about building a winning football team and hiring the right people to do so. His track record speaks for itself. Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley, Doug Marrone, Rex Ryan and now he continue to advise the Pegula's about how to direct this franchise and who is qualified to do so.

We'll Rusty you are not qualified for this position and I hope you, Doug Whaley and Rex are all gone come January 2nd. However I know this will not be the case because you and Whaley have already started the finger pointing and this year it appears to be the coaches fault.

You nailed it right on the head

Team president should be in on those meetings.

The problem is, the most influential people on the call are clueless in winning in the nfl.... and id argue that all the participants are a whack pack of sorts.

What i would like is a john elway (pres), maybe acting gm, coach go over game. John Elway reports to the owners.

Winners from outside the organization need to be brought in. The program needs to be more cohesive and focused.

So answer me this, who should be involved? I guess you're OK with Terry and DW. Who else? While I'll agree that RB doesn't have anywhere near the football knowledge compared to Whaley, he still has more knowledge that Terry or Kim, or almost everyone on this board. Think you'd want more than two people talking to him, in fact if I were Terry, I'd tell DW, once you know who you want to hire, I want to talk with him , but it's 100% your choice on who to hire. So then who else should be involved? Overdolf?

Easy answer. The only person that should be involved is the GM. Pegula should have nothing to do with it unless the HC is also the GM.

Team president should be in on those meetings.

The problem is, the most influential people on the call are clueless in winning in the nfl.... and id argue that all the participants are a whack pack of sorts.

What i would like is a john elway (pres), maybe acting gm, coach go over game. John Elway reports to the owners.

Winners from outside the organization need to be brought in. The program needs to be more cohesive and focused.

Very well put....there's such a lack of football knowledge and a lack of knowledge of what it takes to win in Buffalo. Russ Brandon doesn't need to do anything but sell tickets. He doesn't deserve to have any input on any football personnel at all.

So you're in the Bills marketing department or used to be and you are openly calling out a Bills fan as a sucker in a public forum.

Well, that explains a lot.

Again, nuance escapes you.

And no, I was never in the marketing department. I worked in what would be considered today as quality control. And AGAIN, that was long before Russ Brandon arrived on the scene.

What we need is someone who can evaluate the entire operation. Pegula needs to be more hands on like Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft.

Valid point, maybe not so much like Jerry Jones though....I think that's too much. It could turn out bad like Dan Snyder was with the Redskins back in the day.

Again, nuance escapes you.

And no, I was never in the marketing department. I worked in what would be considered today as quality control. And AGAIN, that was long before Russ Brandon arrived on the scene.

Well at least I got you to comment on your role within the organization and whether or not you were still there.

Carry on.

Good luck with this as Brandon is more of a fixture at OBD than Ralph Wilsons statue.

I get the impression from hearing the Pegulas talk about the team that they are still very enamored with Rex Ryan and can't understand why Bills fans don't love him.

At this point I kinda doubt any change happens any time soon.

You couldn't be more right but it's not going to change. We can all hope and wish for it but Russ is as firmly entrenched in his position as anyone can be. As frustrating as this is, sadly it's all wasted energy.