Eric Wood has broken leg

MDH

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a Sean McDonough jinx. He twice pointed out that Wood had played in 106 straight games. That had me thinking that was a great streak after his early career injuries, then Wham!

He also pointed out that Tyrod had the second longest completion streak without an INT......Boom

Patrick Lewis is actually a backup center but he was inactive. Groy was active because he can play center or guard. Hopefully with the bye week Lewis gets the reps to adequately replace Wood.

yep thats it. Bills are amazing, the one key who goes down has no replacement in that particular game. amazing. but these are the bills.

yep thats it. Bills are amazing, the one key who goes down has no replacement in that particular game. amazing. but these are the bills.

it makes sense that Groy is active over Lewis if all the OL starters are healthy. Groy actually plays as a 6th OL sometimes and can fill in if a G or C goes down. Lewis is a C only. Groy isn't a good C, but backup OLs usually aren't. But you can only activate so many. Here's hoping Lewis can take over adequately.

Any insights on the back up C? I think I heard he's pretty ok. I'm surprised he wasn't active as a backup last night to be captain since he's a former Hawk.

Vasquez is our backup oc donrbforget. Groy was pinch center

nah, lewis

Get well soon big man

What's left of this season (if anything) depends HUGELY on the Bills being able to find a Center off of somebody's practice squad that can play adequately and learn the calls. That's a tall order :(

no, lewis has been here and COULD? fill in admirably

Lewis the backup is a competent enough player. Shouldn't be too big of a dropoff in terms of blocking. Bigger issue will be line calls and assignments.

That said - might be good for Tyrod's development to have to do more of that himself, just like losing Watkins might have been good for his development.

I broke my fibula some years back and was good togo after 6 weeks. The ligament tear is the bothersome aspect!!

Not a surprise on ligament tear... Lots of stabilizing fan ligaments between Fibula and Tibia (the big leg bone)... depends which one, but think Jack Eichel and his high ankle sprain, same recovery time..., They can plate or use screws on the fibula, a non weight bearing bone on lateral (outside) side of leg and it should heal fine. Edited by North Buffalo

2nd time. Goodwin, McCoy, Watkins, Dareus, Aaron Williams, Gilmore (he'll never finish the season). Will Kyle Williams make it to the end? Will Tyrod? This is a team built on players who can't stay on the field. Doesn't matter how good these players are if they aren't there. Some players just get hurt all the time. Too many of them on this team.

2nd time. Goodwin, McCoy, Watkins, Dareus, Aaron Williams, Gilmore (he'll never finish the season). Will Kyle Williams make it to the end? Will Tyrod? This is a team built on players who can't stay on the field. Doesn't matter how good these players are if they aren't there. Some players just get hurt all the time. Too many of them on this team.

I really wouldn't call Dareus injury prone at all - he just has other problems. But you do bring up a concerning point, our key, fundamental players have all missed significant amounts of time over the past 1.5 seasons. And yeh, I get it that injuries happen. But at some point I'd like to see Watkins, Tyrod, and Shady play 13-15 consecutive games together. A part of me wonders if that will ever happen.

@EWood70

I can't express my gratitude for all of the prayers and well wishes. Im humbled and I will be back. Jeremiah 29:11 Proverbs 19:21

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Proverbs 19:21 There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

@albertbreer

Bills C Eric Wood suffered broken fibula, some ligament damage. Will have surgery in Buffalo tomorrow. Full extent of injury not known yet.

Fibula's no big deal (presuming it's...you know...intact, and not in a billion pieces.) Not a weight-bearing bone.

The ligament damage is more worrisome, particularly since it's non-specific "damage."

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Proverbs 19:21 There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Dean 5:17 Shiv the mofo.

Dude breaks his leg last night, flies back to Buffalo, needs surgery, but still manages to talk to the idiots on WGR. Dude is a gamer. And says Sherman's play was dirty. He's gonna spend the down time with his daughter. Wants to be on the sideline on crutches. He is a team player 100%. Love this guy.

Edited by Bubba Gump

Dude breaks his leg last night, flies back to Buffalo, needs surgery, but still manages to talk to the idiots on WGR. Dude is a gamer. And says Sherman's play was dirty.

He is a throw back guy for sure, his career has been up and down but I admire his attitude and effort. FWIW Hughes had an interview calling the hit dirty as well. Gilmore still loves Sherm though and that's all that matters right 24? Love.