McCoy asks Bills fans to be respectful of Kaepernick

Yeezus

Boo, yell stuff (within reason), etc. and that's fine. Spitting, throwing beers, etc. would be over the line and shameful. He has the same freedom of expression we do. You just have to know where the line is to stay out of the pokey. Standing the whole game to make a statement? No thanks. I'll stand when standing is warranted, and hope no one comes and tells me to sit. If you stand in front of me for 3 hours for no reason to make a point, I will again use my right to express myself.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boo, yell stuff (within reason), etc. and that's fine. Spitting, throwing beers, etc. would be over the line and shameful. He has the same freedom of expression we do. You just have to know where the line is to stay out of the pokey. Standing the whole game to make a statement? No thanks. I'll stand when standing is warranted, and hope no one comes and tells me to sit. If you stand in front of me for 3 hours for no reason to make a point, I will again use my right to express myself.

you so often right a good post like this. Thanks Auger!

Kaep - kneeling because of police brutality

Shady - bringing cops to the game because he feels bad for whoopin that *ss.

Kaep - also doing it for attention to himself

Shady - also doing to let Phily cops some cops support him

Kap sucks and he will be booed loudly.

And that will just be the fans with 49er jerseys.

Okay let me get this straight while that !@#$ is disrespecting me and my fellow service members who fought for this country he wants us to be respectful of him not a freaking chance

Again, I don't think he's saying you can't boo him. Just no spitting, throwing things at him, or racial slurs.

Again, I don't think he's saying you can't boo him. Just no spitting, throwing things at him, or racial slurs.

Exactly. We all have the right to free expression, just know where the lines are. I encourage people to express themselves, within the limits. Please know where the limits are, or you are on a lower level that Kaep. Be smarter than that. (And for the record, the guy came out and tried to clarify that he is NOT against our armed forces, in fact I think it was quite the opposite. But don't take that as me sticking up for him.)

And great thanks to all that have served!

And as I told you when you tried grandstanding about this in another thread: he plays for the other team; he's going to get booed. Fans are probably going to chant "USA" just to troll him...and guess what: it'll be the same everywhere else he plays.

USA! You can protest so long as I agree with your stance. If I don't, I will make myself look like a fool.

Best protest if you don't like his position is to IGNORE him so it doesn't gain traction and make for more talking. But don't let that sink into the jingoism of supporting symbols. After all, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are just God damned pieces of paper, as one former president stated so skillfully.

https://twitter.com/NickVeronica/status/786275169203609601

Hope Bills fans don't make a fool of themselves. Be loud but don't be stupid. Just b/c we won 3 games in a row against bad teams doesn't mean were some power house team again. Let us remember we are still the Buffalo Bills and no game is a easy win.

Whey would he be concerned about the conduct of fans toward Kaep? :rolleyes:

My interpretation of McCoy's tweet is that he's urging people to not do the wrong thing.

I think he's talking about extremes, like throwing things at him, yelling profanities about his wife/children/family, etc.

That was my take too. Anybody that expects Kaep not to get an earful on Sunday is delusional. I have no problem with the fans booing him, riding him with USA chants, etc...but even with that theres a line that shouldn't be crossed (i.e - hatred ) and more to the point throwing things or a physical confrontation.

Okay let me get this straight while that !@#$ is disrespecting me and my fellow service members who fought for this country he wants us to be respectful of him not a freaking chance

what did you fight for? Not trying to be a wise ass, but curious.

I think that you missed the point. I know that you wanted to take a cheap shot at the Bills but since they have won 3 in a row that's the best that you could do.

McCoy's point has NOTHING to do with good teams or bad teams. It is a reminder that Kaep is a human and has a family. Whether you like what he's doing or not, basic human decency should come first. It doesn't matter if you are the '72 Dolphins or the '08 Lions. People should be respected by fans of ALL football teams.

The idiot has no respect for my national anthem, so he should have thought about it before he started this crap. It's just payback...

You got it... the Bills have a lot of fans from my command this Sunday, that's for sure. Respect is mutual. Got you, bro.

I think the Bills fans should treat him like they would any other opposing QB.

As for the protest thing, that's his business. The fact that he's free to do that does more to show the world how special and exceptional our country is, far more than waving flags ever will. As a retired Air Force officer, I can say my service was intended to preserve the rights of everyone, including the right to speak your mind.

Well said. Thank you.

Burning Kaep jerseys isn't a big deal. It's common to see Brady jerseys burned when the Pats* are here. It's only gonna be a big deal because the media will try to make it one and portray Buffalo fans as drunken racists when they burn the whitest player in the leagues jersey annually.

As for Kaep himself, has he ever addressed the subject of all these cops being killed or critically wounded recently by thugs? Or is he okay with that? He comes across as someone who thinks every police officer is corrupt. Wearing socks with pigs dressed as cops is more disrespectful than his kneeling IMO.

Burning Kaep jerseys isn't a big deal. It's common to see Brady jerseys burned when the Pats* are here. It's only gonna be a big deal because the media will try to make it one and portray Buffalo fans as drunken racists when they burn the whitest player in the leagues jersey annually.

As for Kaep himself, has he ever addressed the subject of all these cops being killed or critically wounded recently by thugs? Or is he okay with that? He comes across as someone who thinks every police officer is corrupt. Wearing socks with pigs dressed as cops is more disrespectful than his kneeling IMO.

the socks were a poor decision IMO , no doubt

Re: the jersey burning - it's stupid, regardless of the player's jersey being burned. Hopefully you can see the difference/reason behind a Bills fan burning a Brady jersey (they hate him because he's the best, owns the Bills and is a division rival) vs. burning a Kaepernick jersey (you deduce what you want to, here - but I don't think it's football-related).

Re: Your understanding of Kaepernick's feeling toward police officers - to me, he comes across as someone who is recognizing that black people, historically, have been treated like complete schit in the country and, generally speaking, any progress made with that area of the civil rights movement to this point in time seems to have not been as significant as once thought - and he's calling attention to it. I don't know how you equate that with him thinking that every police officer is corrupt.

Re: the jersey burning - it's stupid, regardless of the player's jersey being burned. Hopefully you can see the difference/reason behind a Bills fan burning a Brady jersey (they hate him because he's the best, owns the Bills and is a division rival) vs. burning a Kaepernick jersey (you deduce what you want to, here - but I don't think it's football-related).

Re: Your understanding of Kaepernick's feeling toward police officers - to me, he comes across as someone who is recognizing that black people, historically, have been treated like complete schit in the country and, generally speaking, any progress made with that area of the civil rights movement to this point in time seems to have not been as significant as once thought - and he's calling attention to it. I don't know how you equate that with him thinking that every police officer is corrupt.

You might be right in the reasoning for the burning of Kaep jerseys this wknd, but I've seen numerous Marino and Roethlisberger jerseys burned as well. The point is that it's not uncommon for fans to burn opposing players jerseys, no matter who it is. As his feeling towards cops, those socks he wore told me all I needed to know. They didn't specify "certain officers" they were aimed at police in general.

Maybe, and more likely, he is just doing something nice for men and women in uniform. God knows he may need it after that bar brawl in February

I think that's right. Even though those cops tried to use their status to rob McCoy's crew then tried to fight them and lost the fight. Then filed a butthurt lawsuit. But McCoy is smart to enough to know he should make doubly sure that people know he supports honest law enforcement.

I'm flying up to Buffalo for a family emergency, and may attend the game Sunday. Between the facts that it will be my first regular season home game in Buffalo in 22 years, and I have/had active family members in the military. I will not show respect of any kind to that SOB. Just as its his right to kneel, it's my right to express my feelings towards him. To each their own, I guess...... Go Bills!

https://twitter.com/NickVeronica/status/786275169203609601

Hope Bills fans don't make a fool of themselves. Be loud but don't be stupid. Just b/c we won 3 games in a row against bad teams doesn't mean were some power house team again. Let us remember we are still the Buffalo Bills and no game is a easy win.

no respect earned no given

My interpretation of McCoy's tweet is that he's urging people to not do the wrong thing. I sincerely doubt any professional athlete would consider booing, chanting USA to troll him, or even yelling that he sucks as the wrong thing.

I think he's talking about extremes, like throwing things at him, yelling profanities about his wife/children/family, etc.

On a related note - I would bet my life that there will be multiple a-holes burning Kaep jerseys at tailgates. Those will be the same idiots yelling stupid schit at Kaep during the national anthem.

But if Kaep wants to say, burn a US flag well, that's his right to protest. The hypocrisy on this board.... And I've seen opposing jerseys burned at other games years ago .. Marino etc. So what? It's America, we have the right to disagree with someone who's trying to turn a football game into a protest by disrespecting the flag to advance a false narrative.

I think that's right. Even though those cops tried to use their status to rob McCoy's crew then tried to fight them and lost the fight. Then filed a butthurt lawsuit. But McCoy is smart to enough to know he should make doubly sure that people know he supports honest law enforcement.

Which the vast majority of Ofiicers are, unless your Kaep. Then all Officers are racist and a small percentage of people being shot by cops because they wouldn't follow simple instructions proves it.

I'm more offended by Kaep's being a vegan in Buffalo.

"Colin Kaepernick Hates Buffalo Wings, Calls Eating Meat An Abomination" now that's an article title I could be outraged about.

The 49ers are actually offended by it. He's down to less than 220 lbs, and it's one of the reasons they aren't happy with him.

While I commend Shady for saying that, I thought it just came out that NFL players no longer post their own social media posts. Unless he physically said it (at which point I retract this post), is this fluff from the NFL in an attempt to "keep the peace"? Shady is probably the highest profile Bills player right now IMO. If it's the intentions of the NFL to urge "respect", who better to do it than the highest profile player.

But if Kaep wants to say, burn a US flag well, that's his right to protest. The hypocrisy on this board.... And I've seen opposing jerseys burned at other games years ago .. Marino etc. So what? It's America, we have the right to disagree with someone who's trying to turn a football game into a protest by disrespecting the flag to advance a false narrative.

Which the vast majority of Ofiicers are, unless your Kaep. Then all Officers are racist and a small percentage of people being shot by cops because they wouldn't follow simple instructions proves it.

If you don't think burning a jersey is stupid, under any circumstance, then I guess we just don't agree on that.

And why would you throw a big "IF" Kaep burned a jersey scenario into it? That's not reality. Reality is he quietly did not stand.

He's not trying to turn a football game into anything. Do I think it's the right time for a protest? No. But if you don't look at him, it shouldn't bother you ... unlike a burning piece of clothing, which is why comparing the two is just plain stupid.

Respect is something to be earned, not given, and no one is entitled to it simply by virtue of being.

Lots of people don't think Colin Kaepernick is deserving of their respect, and they are entitled to tell him that.

Wait, what? I am entitled to go up to anyone I don't respect and tell them that? Alrighty then...

Show him the same respect he shows to the Stars and Stripes. I hope they have to scrape him off the astroturf with a shovel.

This statement alone makes him a better person than you are.

When are opposing fans not heckled for cheering for the opposing team?

I don't know, you tell me? Depends on the fans. Point is, why the phuck should anyone be harassed for cheering for the other team? It's childish in every way. Mob mentality is an interesting study in psychology.

If you don't think burning a jersey is stupid, under any circumstance, then I guess we just don't agree on that.

And why would you throw a big "IF" Kaep burned a jersey scenario into it? That's not reality. Reality is he quietly did not stand.

He's not trying to turn a football game into anything. Do I think it's the right time for a protest? No. But if you don't look at him, it shouldn't bother you ... unlike a burning piece of clothing, which is why comparing the two is just plain stupid.

if I ran out of toilet paper and only had a tkm brafy jersey beside me. I'd still burn the jersey.

Is anyone who may cheer for Kaepernick subject to harassment from all the honorable patriots in the crowd?

I'd talk **** to them all game. Just like I did in Baltimore. Just like I did to the panthers fans in Carolina. Just like I always do. Cuz I'm racist

if I ran out of toilet paper and only had a tkm brafy jersey beside me. I'd still burn the jersey.

I'd talk **** to them all game. Just like I did in Baltimore. Just like I did to the panthers fans in Carolina. Just like I always do. Cuz I'm racist

I don't know if you are a racist or not, but assuming it has nothing to do with that, were you engaging in good natured back and forth with opposing fans? That's fine and actually can make for an enjoyable experience as it should. Or were you purposely being an a$$hole? If so, that's phucked up.

Edited by K-9

I don't know if you are a racist or not, but assuming it has nothing to do with that, were you engaging in good natured back and forth with opposing fans? That's fine and actually can make for an enjoyable experience as it should. Or were you purposely being an !@#$? If so, that's phucked up.

the group in front was friendly banter. the group to my 10-11 was more jeering and laughing when they messed up. The group behind and port side was nothing but **** talking. And the couple to my left was simple talking about the game.

I got a few threats. I got told to sit down when we scored or something stupid happened. I got cheers when I called Rex a fat moron.

I talked **** not because their skin color. But because they wore purple. What kind of sissy wears purple.

Edited by Boyst62

I don't know, you tell me? Depends on the fans. Point is, why the phuck should anyone be harassed for cheering for the other team? It's childish in every way. Mob mentality is an interesting study in psychology.

I agree with you that it's silly. I don't heckle opposing fans. I'll have an occasional have a good natured back and forth, but that's the extent of it. But you know as well as I that it happens all the time. My point was that the heckling will be overly attributed to Kaeps views when it's just regular heckling.