McCoy asks Bills fans to be respectful of Kaepernick

Yeezus

We will have to disagree on this. People should all be treated as people.

If people want to boo him because he plays for the other team, go for it. There is a line though that is crossed far too often and I'm afraid we may see it again. Let's just stay classy as we cheer for the Bills and against the 49ers.

Not so fast. I grew up having to earn respect. Respect isn't something you get for free. Something many young people today have no appreciation for. Treating someone with human decency is not the same as treating someone with respect.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even though I do not agree with how Kaep has gone about this, I think Shady's message is a good one.

As someone else said, a respectful way to disagree with Kaep would be to chant USA USA or something like that . . . rather than yell or scream something that someone will construe as something else and would not reflect well on Buffalo.

Chants of USA USA while Kaep is trying to communicate on the field cannot (or should not) be construed negatively toward the fans and seems to strike the right balance.

Just my two cents.

Yeezus. Your crusade on Kaep is old.

Why must we have 3 new threads about who kaep is a day? We all have opinions of who he is when is not playing football. We need to focus on football and beat the snot out of him, Blaine gabbert, Steve Young, Steve deberg, Steve Nash, Crosby Nash stills and young... whoever plays QB

Just end this nonsense already because too many idiots making it political. There is a thread for that in PPP

I just hope San Fran lives up to the tofu sucking rampant debauchery hypocrotcal town its known as ...

you're clearly no fun in the bedroom

this happens every damn game be is at. It doesn't matter if its buffalo or not. The Facebook level intellexts will make the argument you made of buffalo being racist. But no one gives a crap about the idiots on Facebook. Or YouTube.

I agree and this is my only form of social media but be assured Stephen A. and the band of bozos will be out in full force on Monday saying how the treatment Kap receives Sunday is exactly why he needed to protest in the first place.

And as I told you when you tried grandstanding about this in another thread: he plays for the other team; he's going to get booed. Fans are probably going to chant "USA" just to troll him...and guess what: it'll be the same everywhere else he plays.

Is it ok to "Booooo" Kaepernick and yell "You suck!!"...? Because I yell(yelled) the same thing at Brady, Marino, Harbaugh, etc.

Who will interpret what my "Boos" and "You Sucks" are directed to (is it directed at an opponent like any other Sunday or to a player who is kneeling during the anthem?)

I will act the same way I always act...

My interpretation of McCoy's tweet is that he's urging people to not do the wrong thing. I sincerely doubt any professional athlete would consider booing, chanting USA to troll him, or even yelling that he sucks as the wrong thing.

I think he's talking about extremes, like throwing things at him, yelling profanities about his wife/children/family, etc.

On a related note - I would bet my life that there will be multiple a-holes burning Kaep jerseys at tailgates. Those will be the same idiots yelling stupid schit at Kaep during the national anthem.

My interpretation of McCoy's tweet is that he's urging people to not do the wrong thing. I sincerely doubt any professional athlete would consider booing, chanting USA to troll him, or even yelling that he sucks as the wrong thing.

I think he's talking about extremes, like throwing things at him, yelling profanities about his wife/children/family, etc.

On a related note - I would bet my life that there will be multiple a-holes burning Kaep jerseys at tailgates. Those will be the same idiots yelling stupid schit at Kaep during the national anthem.

You are probably correct . . . and unfortunately, those are the guys that they will show on TV or have photos of in the paper . . . not the people who do not act like idiots or take it to inappropriate extremes.

Edited by Peter

https://twitter.com/NickVeronica/status/786275169203609601

Hope Bills fans don't make a fool of themselves. Be loud but don't be stupid. Just b/c we won 3 games in a row against bad teams doesn't mean were some power house team again. Let us remember we are still the Buffalo Bills and no game is a easy win.

Turning his twitter account over to his publicist was the right move

https://twitter.com/NickVeronica/status/786275169203609601

Hope Bills fans don't make a fool of themselves. Be loud but don't be stupid. Just b/c we won 3 games in a row against bad teams doesn't mean were some power house team again. Let us remember we are still the Buffalo Bills and no game is a easy win.

Excellent intro

Is it ok to "Booooo" Kaepernick and yell "You suck!!"...? Because I yell(yelled) the same thing at Brady, Marino, Harbaugh, etc.

Who will interpret what my "Boos" and "You Sucks" are directed to (is it directed at an opponent like any other Sunday or to a player who is kneeling during the anthem?)

I

will act the same way I always act..s.

.Thats been a concern for years

Have you considered therapy? Obviously done wonders for me !

Booing is an expression of how a fan feels. -You shouldn't be able to ban, or curtail it in any way... However, fans who cross the line should be BOOTED and JAILED... spitting, throwing stuff, etc. just brings national shame to our already embarrassing franchise. Keep it classy, B-lo!

spitting, throwing stuff, etc.

Is just awful regardless. It degrades humans and looks a might poor on the affronter.

Booing is certainly the proper and acceptable response as cheering is.

You're going to jail someone for spitting at a football game?

spitting is illegal in some counties. Much like jaywalking it is rarely enforced

Edited by 3rdand12

Yeezus. Your crusade on Kaep is old.

Why must we have 3 new threads about who kaep is a day? We all have opinions of who he is when is not playing football. We need to focus on football and beat the snot out of him, Blaine gabbert, Steve Young, Steve deberg, Steve Nash, Crosby Nash stills and young... whoever plays QB

Just end this nonsense already because too many idiots making it political. There is a thread for that in PPP

This. I really hope no one does anything stupid cuz you know damn well the media is salivating and spinning anything the fans at the stadium do into a story.

We will have to disagree on this. People should all be treated as people.

If people want to boo him because he plays for the other team, go for it. There is a line though that is crossed far too often and I'm afraid we may see it again. Let's just stay classy as we cheer for the Bills and against the 49ers.

Wait... Just as its his right to make a fool of himself and disrespect our nation- it's our right to boo him for those choices... This freedom of whatever chit works both ways!!!

Respect is something to be earned, not given, and no one is entitled to it simply by virtue of being.

Lots of people don't think Colin Kaepernick is deserving of their respect, and they are entitled to tell him that.

Says the self proclaimed smartest man in the room....what have you done to earn anyones respect?

Not so fast. I grew up having to earn respect. Respect isn't something you get for free. Something many young people today have no appreciation for. Treating someone with human decency is not the same as treating someone with respect.

Agree to disagree

I try to treat everyone with respect unti they do something to make me lose respect. I prefer the benefit of the doubt.

Ridiculous request by McCoy IMO.

I suggest that every fan in the stadium stand for the entire game. It can be done. People did it during the playoff years in the 90's, barely if ever sat down.

Stand for the entire game people.

Great for the Old folks behind you.

Think big picture , " he who wants to affect change"

have some respect for those who cannot stand for the game.

see? there is often more to the picture than what is first thought of

Agree to disagree

I try to treat everyone with respect unti they do something to make me lose respect. I prefer the benefit of the doubt.

my Man !

That is exactly what i teach my Kids. And even then i give a lot of leeway.

I think it is a bit of charity to forgive others and allow another chance.

and like i said up stream. you do not know a man till you walk in his shoes.

well i implied it anyways :D

gross

But you though about it dint you?

:flirt: