McCoy asks Bills fans to be respectful of Kaepernick

Yeezus

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I were there, I'd stand at attention, too, like I always do. That's my statement of what's proper. Kaepernick's is different, and that's OK with me.

Personally I can't see why people get so worked up about it. It's completely his choice and my job is one where I've been taught that he has that right and it's well within the rights of every American

Personally I can't see why people get so worked up about it. It's completely his choice and my job is one where I've been taught that he has that right and it's well within the rights of every American

It is absolutely his right to voice is opinion, and it is everyone else's right to voice theirs about his.

Booing is an expression of how a fan feels. -You shouldn't be able to ban, or curtail it in any way... However, fans who cross the line should be BOOTED and JAILED... spitting, throwing stuff, etc. just brings national shame to our already embarrassing franchise. Keep it classy, B-lo!

if it were me, I would be like:

"kaep, you suck as a football player, but I respect the 1st Amendment and your right to protest, yet also think it is stupid, and also think we're going to rip your head-off-- but in a within-the-rules way, and not based out of anger toward your political stance!!"

That would be such a zinger!

You should put it on a sign.

That would be epic! lol

Booing is an expression of how a fan feels. -You shouldn't be able to ban, or curtail it in any way... However, fans who cross the line should be BOOTED and JAILED... spitting, throwing stuff, etc. just brings national shame to our already embarrassing franchise. Keep it classy, B-lo!

You're going to jail someone for spitting at a football game?

Very well put! :thumbsup:

I think the Bills fans should treat him like they would any other opposing QB.

As for the protest thing, that's his business. The fact that he's free to do that does more to show the world how special and exceptional our country is, far more than waving flags ever will. As a retired Air Force officer, I can say my service was intended to preserve the rights of everyone, including the right to speak your mind.

Respect is something to be earned, not given, and no one is entitled to it simply by virtue of being.

Lots of people don't think Colin Kaepernick is deserving of their respect, and they are entitled to tell him that.

We will have to disagree on this. People should all be treated as people.

If people want to boo him because he plays for the other team, go for it. There is a line though that is crossed far too often and I'm afraid we may see it again. Let's just stay classy as we cheer for the Bills and against the 49ers.

Respect is something to be earned, not given, and no one is entitled to it simply by virtue of being.

Lots of people don't think Colin Kaepernick is deserving of their respect, and they are entitled to tell him that.

A huge problem with the world today... we used to be taught to respect everyone, until they showed they didn't deserve our respect...now we all have the right be !@#$s, because, you know...we have the right! I couldn't disagree with you more...

A huge problem with the world today... we used to be taught to respect everyone, until they showed they didn't deserve our respect...now we all have the right be !@#$s, because, you know...we have the right! I couldn't disagree with you more...

It's a two way street, whether you agree with these people or not, but many people (not myself) believe that he was disrespecting them, specially those that were in the military or police force.

So, the thinking is, he is disrespecting me therefore I can disrespect him.

He disrespects my views and things I value. Why should I value him or his views?

I think the Bills fans should treat him like they would any other opposing QB.

As for the protest thing, that's his business. The fact that he's free to do that does more to show the world how special and exceptional our country is, far more than waving flags ever will. As a retired Air Force officer, I can say my service was intended to preserve the rights of everyone, including the right to speak your mind.

Well said.