3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

Con: that time he lined up behind the !@#$ing left guard and called for a snap, leading to a near turnover and massive loss of yards.

well at least he was reading the defense on that play. :lol:

No really, I saw the replay on Youtube. Tyrod is so busy reading the defense he forgets to make sure hes lined up properly. It sucks because he had Clay wide open on that play, had that not happened. THEN the guy makes up the yardage and gets the 1st down on his run. Gotta respect that. Thats called having heart. Not a lot of NFL players have it. And dont give me a stupid anatomy joke tasky!

We did one bomb on a third and short along the left sidelines in the third quarter and Taylor overthrew a wide-open Robert Woods (I think it was Woods - was at the game and the replay inconsistency was maddening).

It was Woods. Hes been over throwing the bombs for the past 3 games. Im starting to wonder whats up.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No really, I saw the replay on Youtube. Tyrod is so busy reading the defense he forgets to make sure hes lined up properly. It sucks because he had Clay wide open on that play, had that not happened. THEN the guy makes up the yardage and gets the 1st down on his run. Gotta respect that. Thats called having heart. Not a lot of NFL players have it. And dont give me a stupid anatomy joke tasky!

It was Woods. Hes been over throwing the bombs for the past 3 games. Im starting to wonder whats up.

His WR suck. He overthrew powell last week and woods this week. Run faster forrest.

His WR suck. He overthrew powell last week and woods this week. Run faster forrest.

I bet if Tyrod had Brandon Marshall, Decker, and Enunwa to throw to, people like Barbarian would be all :worthy:

and me and J2theHemet wouldnt have to battle people post Win every week.

Someone like a Drew Brees who can spread the field and get the ball to all of his weapons on offense. Also, a QB who can put the offense on his back and win games in the 4th quarter. That's something the Bills haven't had since Jan 1997. But keep thinking sub-par/mediocre QB's can get the Bills to the playoffs. News flash for you genius, if the Bills can't win the division, then there's only two playoff spots available and sometimes 10-6 is not good enough. Keep thinking scrubs at the QB position can win you 11 games...good luck with that pal!

Disagree. He's an angry elf.

I just can't believe how his accuracy has fallen off........I know his mechanics aren't great but he's f*cking dying out there at times.

He'd be helped a lot by having a bigger WR corps.........he's not a small window passer and the third down throws to Goodwin have been a recipe for a punt........but this year he's missing all kinds of throws he made last year.

This. Particularly worrying is the bolded.

Con: that time he lined up behind the !@#$ing left guard and called for a snap, leading to a near turnover and massive loss of yards.

Haha, at least he made up the yardage a play or two later. That was nuts. We were calling it butt fumble 2.0. :bag:

Oh well, we won so we can joke around about it :lol:

Yes he made a few clutch plays today, but the offense ran thru Shady. It has been now 4 games that Tyrod has flat out played awful in.

Outside the 1st quarter today he is not looking very good, almost seems like he is regressing. Can't convert on 3rd down, holding on to the ball way to long, not throwing it away.

There are plenty games left but right now I would not pay Tyrod 20+mill next season, especially if he plays like this for the remainder of the season and there are good rookie QB's that come out.

He HAS to play better. He is great at not turning the ball over but his inability to convert on 3rd down is hurting the entire team.

Need to see more of the gameplan used against the patriots, quick passes and short dropbacks.

i think this guy is actually Jerry Sullivan. Yeah, TT isn't asked to carry the team. Maybe he's not worth the contract, but what NFL starting QB is? Brock Osweiler? Tannehill? If TT is just average this year, Bills will try to renegotiate the contract down I am sure. But, there are 11 games left. Let's see how those go. He's all we have right now and we won't draft high enough to get a great prospect. That Gillislee TD doesn't happen with any other QB in the league. Can't we just enjoy the team wins?

Yep, his timing is used to Sammy and Goodwin. Instead we've had Woods and Powell. If Sammy were playing that bomb to Woods connects because Sammy is 2 steps faster.

I don't think there's anything wrong with critiquing Tyrod's play, while also praising his good moments, and the fact that the team has won 3 straight games. Our running game and defense have stepped up the last three weeks, and thankfully Tyrod takes care of the ball. But that doesn't mean Tyrod is playing well, overall. He's missing a lot of easy throws, and still slow on decision making. Hopefully he grows some more this year, otherwise we might need to think about another QB to groom (not necessarily replace Tyrod right away, but put some thought into someone else as our 'franchise QB for the future')

I wonder why we never tried a bomb today. Especially with our run success. I'm sure there were plenty of single man opportunities.

Pressure might have had something to do with it I guess. Still would like to see 4-5 deep flies each week.

We did. Diving Wood just past his fingertips.

I don't think there's anything wrong with critiquing Tyrod's play, while also praising his good moments, and the fact that the team has won 3 straight games. Our running game and defense have stepped up the last three weeks, and thankfully Tyrod takes care of the ball. But that doesn't mean Tyrod is playing well, overall. He's missing a lot of easy throws, and still slow on decision making. Hopefully he grows some more this year, otherwise we might need to think about another QB to groom (not necessarily replace Tyrod right away, but put some thought into someone else as our 'franchise QB for the future')

Agree.

He missed some throws but others were on the money and dropped. Let's be accurate here.

I have been a Tyrod guy. There are some things that he does really well. He protects the football. If the Bills want to play this style of offense you need a QB that can run and he does that really well. I also loved the way that they finished those drives yesterday. The defense made a few plays and the Bills made them pay.

There are some concerns to me as well. His accuracy seems to be falling off. The deep ball in particular. Tyrod made a great audible yesterday on the deep ball to Woods and just missed him. To me, I was thrilled to see that type of pre-snap read and adjustment but frustrated that he missed him wide open on a throw that is one of his strengths. I know that the receivers that he has at the moment is at or near the bottom of the league. I was glad to see Clay get involved though.

I could care less how many yards he passes for. That isn't important at all to this team's success. What is important is that he makes the important plays. Yesterday was a mixed bag on that. Tyrod had the big 3rd down run and 2 TD passes (at least one and maybe both were on 3rd down). He missed Woods wide open and Goodwin on a 3rd down. He was a little unlucky too in that the Woods drop and Clay drops were both going to be huge plays. I thought that yesterday though was one of his worst throwing games. The Bills do need to hit some shots deep in order to keep this running game operating like it is.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Even Brady misses throws. All QBs do. They aren't robots. But it's amazing how much attention the misfires get and the good plays are ignored.

Did anyone catch Eli last night? He was horrendous even when they weren't creating pressure and that's a SB MVP QB. The W is all that matters whether it's the Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson way or the Ben Ro/Kurt Warner way.

Agreed his accuracy has been a bit off lately, but how much of that is due to the WR changes with injuries?

When you spend all offseason developing chemistry and timing with certain guys, and then they arent there, it makes those timing throws that much harder.

And I have to believe the window for Sammy's range is MUCH larger than Goodwin's or even Woods's range. Meaning, balls that are "close enough" for Sammy end up sailing over Goodwin's head.

That being said, no excuses, it has to improve with the guys he has out there.

Even Brady misses throws. All QBs do. They aren't robots. But it's amazing how much attention the misfires get and the good plays are ignored.

I've noted both his positives and his negatives, yet all you are doing is arguing his negatives.

He takes care of the ball, he's great at extending pass plays with his legs, and related he's a good runner. In the past he has been accurate on the deep ball.

He still needs to work on the short/intermediate game, and he needs to get rid of the ball faster, if we/he is going to take the next step. We need him to be better for our team to be where we want it to be. The running game is doing pretty damned well. The defense is starting to gel. We just need Tyrod to make a couple steps forward. I really don't see what's wrong with saying 'he's got some good, he's got some bad, lets fix the bad'.

I have been a Tyrod guy. There are some things that he does really well. He protects the football. If the Bills want to play this style of offense you need a QB that can run and he does that really well. I also loved the way that they finished those drives yesterday. The defense made a few plays and the Bills made them pay.

There are some concerns to me as well. His accuracy seems to be falling off. The deep ball in particular. Tyrod made a great audible yesterday on the deep ball to Woods and just missed him. To me, I was thrilled to see that type of pre-snap read and adjustment but frustrated that he missed him wide open on a throw that is one of his strengths. I know that the receiving core that he has at the moment is at or near the bottom of the league. I was glad to see Clay get involved though.

I could care less how many yards he passes for. That isn't important at all to this team's success. What is important is that he makes the important plays. Yesterday was a mixed bag on that. Tyrod had the big 3rd down run and 2 TD passes (at least one and maybe both were on 3rd down). He missed Woods wide open and Goodwin on a 3rd down. He was a little unlucky too in that the Woods drop and Clay drops were both going to be huge plays. I thought that yesterday though was one of his worst throwing games. The Bills do need to hit some shots deep in order to keep this running game operating like it is.

:thumbsup:

Tyrod was a big part of that win despite the not so great passing yards. Although he did throw two TD passes and didn't turn it over like the opposing QB. Taylor back there keeps the defense honest because they need to account for his running on every play. He struggled a bit but also made some big plays. I'll take Tyrod over Case Keenum any day.

Did anyone catch Eli last night? He was horrendous even when they weren't creating pressure and that's a SB MVP QB. The W is all that matters whether it's the Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson way or the Ben Ro/Kurt Warner way.

Also speaking of last night, did anyone notice that throughout the game they tracked how long Aaron Rodgers held the ball and praised that it was 3.33s at the end of the game spinning it as extra time the DBs have to cover? They even pulled out a replay and the time was ~5.2s. 'That's almost double the amount of time these guys are used to covering for'.

Also speaking of last night, did anyone notice that throughout the game they tracked how long Aaron Rodgers held the ball and praised that it was 3.33s at the end of the game spinning it as extra time the DBs have to cover? They even pulled out a replay and the time was ~5.2s. 'That's almost double the amount of time these guys are used to covering for'.

Yep, said the Packers have the #1 Pass Pro unit in the league and it shows. It also helps that Rodgers is pretty nimble in the pocket.

Everytime I see Rodgers play, he's running around all over the place. Does he still makes plays within the pocket?

Regarding TT, I was impressed with the patience he showed in the redzone. He waited to the last second possible to make a play, one pass was to Woods that was barely incomplete and the other was the TD to Goodwin. I think that is progress for him.

The TD pass to Hunter was all him, buying time in the pocket, that was impressive as well.

Tyrod's a winner in my book. I know he doesn't throw for a ton of yards unless he connects on a bomb, but his legs are tremendous. He got a couple huge 1st downs because of his escapability. That counts for something. There are some easy curl routes that would be easy pitch & catch plays with his arm. We don't call them much?!?

Then players like Woods and Goodwin are always ripe for dropping a decent pass, thus hurting is passing yardage numbers..

I've been saying for a long time that TT is not the answer. He's fun to watch and can make plays, but he's no NFL passing QB. If you want him to make a few throws here and there and make some plays with his legs then he's your guy, but you better have a good run game which we do.

We rank 32nd in passing yards per game. He had 112 yards passing this week, which is about average. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-yards-per-game

He's going to win games, but we still need to continue to find a real QB, and WR's.

I've been saying for a long time that TT is not the answer. He's fun to watch and can make plays, but he's no NFL passing QB. If you want him to make a few throws here and there and make some plays with his legs then he's your guy, but you better have a good run game which we do.

We rank 32nd in passing yards per game. He had 112 yards passing this week, which is about average. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-yards-per-game

He's going to win games, but we still need to continue to find a real QB, and WR's.

This is exactly the style of QB that Rex Ryan wants to play for him because he doesn't make stupid mistakes to kill the team and he makes enough plays to help the team win games. So Taylor is a near perfect fit for this team at this point in time and given more playing experience Taylor could eventually develop into a better passing QB that can win games with just his arm.

Considering the receiving corps on the team I'd say the Bills are doing very well at this point in being 3-2. It did help they didn't face Brady though!

That throw to Woods - he had a guy charging straight into his face and threw it falling backwards. On the throw to Goodwin, something seemed off. I'm wondering if his hand is bothering him.

Again, the middle of the field throws were impressive yesterday. I'm not an apologist (just ask 26CB), just calling it like I see it - Tyrod is fine, he's a bit banged up and still learning the nuances of the position, with a new OC, new WRs on a weekly basis, and a new footwork routine in the pocket. It really reminds me a lot of watching Russell Wilson is first couple of years - RW didn't mature into a pocket QB until last season, but had a lot of games like Tyrod did yesterday - just good enough to win, with a few "wow" plays that no one else can make.

What is wrong with starting him next year while having a potential franchise QB waiting in the wings behind him?

To this point I dont see any college QBs that impress me as franchise caliber, especially where we are going to pick. Who were you thinking of?

Yeezus being Yeezus. He made 2 big TD throws at the end of drives, and a big 3rd down run. He's a rich man's Alex Smith. Tyrod is managaing the game perfectly. He is doing what needs to be done to win. It isn't perfect but the results are all that matter.

This. He's keeping play passes alive while his protection evaporates. Finds the open guy or just runs for a first down.

He's fine.

Yeezus, someone should probably tell you that most quarterbacks won't make it to the Super Bowl or Canton. In fact, many of the best prospective quarterbacks will be subjected to changing coordinators, schemes, teams, injuries and coaches, and will not succeed at the highest level no matter how good they are on game day.

In other words, to consistently suggest your quarterback sucks is the easiest, laziest point to make in the NFL because you know the long-term odds are with you.

If you feel the need to make a point in hopes of one day telling everyone "I told you so," you should go out on a ledge and argue a point that isn't the lowest-hanging fruit.

Just a thought.

I think it is important to note that TT is playing within the confines of a SYSTEM

So if you want to call him a system QB...that is fine....you want to say he isnt a top 5 QB.....thats fine to

I think Tyrod transends what people want to see at QB.....Tyrod Taylor is not a pocket passing QB....he is a fricken WEAPON

One of the reasons why he can do what he do is because at any second he can take off and hurt your defense.....but still has

- A rocket arm

- A great deep ball

- The ability to throw on the run

If people could just get past what their expectations are of a pocket passing qb and look at the situation for what it is.....they would enjoy the games much more.

Happy Monday...our team is on a 3 game winning streak....enjoy the rest of your day