3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

He never had time to get his feet set today. Run blocking was great but the pass pro was bad today. Richie and Mills in particular.

I noticed that too. Combination of confusing zone looks & strong push up front. Their pass defense really is legit. I knew all week that their achilles heel was the run D.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that what I've been saying this entire time?

Ideally you'd like to see more of a balanced attack. I thought we did a better job of that last year.

What youre saying goes against everything that this team is built on. We arent built and constructed to throw the ball 40x a game. Its not just about TT. Its about the coaching staff and the gameplan. The dna of the team is a strong defense and a strong running game. You saying that we need to be able to pass for 300yds is like telling the packers they need to rush for 200yds.

The chiefs have gone 11-5 2x with a strong defense, great running game, and limiting turnovers from the passing game. That can be us, but even better bc TT can throw the deep ball. That should be our mold and comparison. We arent the pats. We arent the steelers.

Edited by bobobonators

I couldn't care less about his numbers or any other sort of math. What I care about in a Bills QB is his decision-making, his ability to deliver on-time/on-target, and his ability to sustain offense.

All year long we've been seeing looooong stretches of football where he struggles with all of those necessities, and if it continues it WILL be the primary reason this team's season comes to an end.

When the best thing you can say about your QB is that he does a nice of job of protecting the football, you're simply not getting enough from him.

The decision making on the last drive at the end of the first half was just inexplicable.

Lingers and takes a sack in the final 30 seconds causing them to burn a TO, scrambles out of bounds rather than recognizing the play was dead and throwing the ball away....in the process wasting 4-5 seconds, then throws a barely catchable ball in the middle of the field well short of the end zone with 4 seconds left and only one timeout.................I mean :doh: .

What youre saying goes against everything that this team is built on. We arent built and constructed to throw the ball 40x a game. Its not just about TT. Its about the coaching staff and the gameplan. The dna of the team is a strong defense and a strong running game. You saying that we need to be able to pass for 300yds is like telling the packers they need to rush for 200yds.

The chiefs have gone 11-5 2x with a strong defense, great running game, and limiting turnovers from the passing game. That can be us, but even better bc TT can throw the deep ball.

+1

I thought this was a good retort.

I just can't believe how his accuracy has fallen off........I know his mechanics aren't great but he's f*cking dying out there at times.

He'd be helped a lot by having a bigger WR corps.........he's not a small window passer and the third down throws to Goodwin have been a recipe for a punt........but this year he's missing all kinds of throws he made last year.

What do you know about qb mechanics honestly? You're just parroting something you heard on this board. He actually has good mechanics. He needs to keep working on his footwork, which he has stated himself.

The chiefs have gone 11-5 2x with a strong defense, great running game, and limiting turnovers from the passing game. That can be us, but even better bc TT can throw the deep ball. That should be our mold and comparison. We arent the pats. We arent the steelers.

At no point have I said this team needs to pass 40 times a game or for 300 yards or more. Not sure why you're putting words in my mouth.

If you're going to rely on the run game and ask Tyrod to simply manage the game then he needs to be more efficient. If not then this offense becomes one dimensional and easier to defend. Today Tyrod was not efficient at all. He made just enough plays to get a win but he needs to get much better especially against the brutal stretch of games we have coming up.

Edited by Bangarang

The decision making on the last drive at the end of the first half was just inexplicable.

Lingers and takes a sack in the final 30 seconds causing them to burn a TO, scrambles out of bounds rather than recognizing the play was dead and throwing the ball away....in the process wasting 4-5 seconds, then throws a barely catchable ball in the middle of the field well short of the end zone with 4 seconds left and only one timeout.................I mean :doh: .

It wasn't pretty but I actually kind of gave him a pass on that drive.

After having started all his games for Roman, he still has virtually zero NFL experience running a genuine 2 minute offense!

Some people put too much credence in stats. Tyrod had the game he needed to win. If he were perfect we'd have blown them out. He made some plays that very few qbs can make and missed some that quite a few qbs miss.

I think he's playing like a top 15 qb right now. Just middle of the road. If he has time to set his feet he can make quality throws. When he's not settled in the pocket his accuracy goes way down.

If he keeps playing like this we will restructure his deal this off-season (we can't pay him $27 mil) and he'll be the guy for the foreseeable future. I think he will only get better with more weapons so I'm ok with that.

Our HC wants to win running the ball and playing defense and that's what we're doing...so I'm happy.

Some people put too much credence in stats. Tyrod had the game he needed to win. If he were perfect we'd have blown them out. He made some plays that very few qbs can make and missed some that quite a few qbs miss.

I think he's playing like a top 15 qb right now. Just middle of the road. If he has time to set his feet he can make quality throws. When he's not settled in the pocket his accuracy goes way down.

If he keeps playing like this we will restructure his deal this off-season (we can't pay him $27 mil) and he'll be the guy for the foreseeable future. I think he will only get better with more weapons so I'm ok with that.

Our HC wants to win running the ball and playing defense and that's what we're doing...so I'm happy.

It's not 27 million. It's 17 plus a 10 signing bonus. That works out to a 19.5 mil cap hit. That's more than doable.

Again, the deal was genius.

At no point have I said this team needs to pass 40 times a game or for 300 yards or more. Not sure why you're putting words in my mouth.

If you're going to rely on the run game and ask Tyrod to simply manage the game then he needs to be more efficient. If not then this offense becomes one dimensional and easier to defend. Today Tyrod was not efficient at all. He made just enough plays to get a win but he needs to get much better especially against the brutal stretch of games we have coming up.

p

We struggled on third down for sure, but their blitz was creating problems. We tried to address this by doing designed roll outs, and no one was open, so a lot of those were chucked out of bounds.

Goodwin, Powell, and woods all dropped easy first downs.

The 2 minute drill sack was the one where he needs to get his clock moving a bit faster. He could've made a play with his legs there.

Yeezus being Yeezus. He made 2 big TD throws at the end of drives, and a big 3rd down run. He's a rich man's Alex Smith. Tyrod is managaing the game perfectly. He is doing what needs to be done to win. It isn't perfect but the results are all that matter.

We need some help at WR for sure. TT not turning the ball over is huge.

I couldn't care less about his numbers or any other sort of math. What I care about in a Bills QB is his decision-making, his ability to deliver on-time/on-target, and his ability to sustain offense.

All year long we've been seeing looooong stretches of football where he struggles with all of those necessities, and if it continues it WILL be the primary reason this team's season comes to an end.

When the best thing you can say about your QB is that he does a nice of job of protecting the football, you're simply not getting enough from him.

This is true. The 3 and outs are concerning. Not sure if it's the play-calling or TT. TT's had some terrible issues with accuracy, but also had a great TD throw to Goodwin. Some better WR's and more time throwing the ball I think solves the problem. I can't think of another B in the NFL right now who'd be available that I'd start over him. Tanny is terrible; Oswiler is playing awful with 2 GREAT WR's.

It's not 27 million. It's 17 plus a 10 signing bonus. That works out to a 19.5 mil cap hit. That's more than doable.

Again, the deal was genius.

Wonderful!!! Even better. I just kept hearing that number and assumed it was structured like that as a way out for both sides.

This is the kind of thinking that got us Scrub Johnson starting in Nashville. I'm not a big Tie-rod fan, but the little bastid wins (like another short QB we know). His record is now 11-8 as a starter, so what else do you want? Past Orton, we haven't had a QB with a winning record since Bledsoe (I will never count 3rd and pu$$y as a real Bills QB). You can't expect Ball Joint to throw for 300 yards/game, not with this receiving corp. I'm a huge 'quise fan, but I've seen enough, the TD today notwithstanding, he's just not an NFL receiver. JCP had a huge drop on the 3rd and 3 with 4:37 left to go. Bobby Woods had a MASSIVE drop on a slant. Given all that, Steering Knuckle is not going to force the ball into tight spaces because he can't rely on these guys to come up with 50/50 balls. We'll find out what happens when a defense goes all out to stop LeShady. Until then, I'm taking the win and hoping Pegs doesn't make EJ start the WC game when he throws for 350 yards in week 17 against air.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

I wonder why we never tried a bomb today. Especially with our run success. I'm sure there were plenty of single man opportunities.

Pressure might have had something to do with it I guess. Still would like to see 4-5 deep flies each week.

I like Tyrod. He has a lot of pros in his favor.

He has a lot of cons too.

He is not a bad player, but he's not a particularly good passer either.

He's sort of slightly too good to be a backup, but only because there is such a dearth of starting QB talent in the league these days.

I would like to continue to try and aggressively find "the guy" at QB, b/c Tyrod ain't it.

Con: that time he lined up behind the !@#$ing left guard and called for a snap, leading to a near turnover and massive loss of yards.

Yes he made a few clutch plays today, but the offense ran thru Shady. It has been now 4 games that Tyrod has flat out played awful in.

Outside the 1st quarter today he is not looking very good, almost seems like he is regressing. Can't convert on 3rd down, holding on to the ball way to long, not throwing it away.

There are plenty games left but right now I would not pay Tyrod 20+mill next season, especially if he plays like this for the remainder of the season and there are good rookie QB's that come out.

He HAS to play better. He is great at not turning the ball over but his inability to convert on 3rd down is hurting the entire team.

Need to see more of the gameplan used against the patriots, quick passes and short dropbacks.

EVery party needs a pooper, that's why we invited you.

I wonder why we never tried a bomb today. Especially with our run success. I'm sure there were plenty of single man opportunities.

Pressure might have had something to do with it I guess. Still would like to see 4-5 deep flies each week.

We did one bomb on a third and short along the left sidelines in the third quarter and Taylor overthrew a wide-open Robert Woods (I think it was Woods - was at the game and the replay inconsistency was maddening).