3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

I think it is important to note that TT is playing within the confines of a SYSTEM

So if you want to call him a system QB...that is fine....you want to say he isnt a top 5 QB.....thats fine to

I think Tyrod transends what people want to see at QB.....Tyrod Taylor is not a pocket passing QB....he is a fricken WEAPON

One of the reasons why he can do what he do is because at any second he can take off and hurt your defense.....but still has

- A rocket arm

- A great deep ball

- The ability to throw on the run

If people could just get past what their expectations are of a pocket passing qb and look at the situation for what it is.....they would enjoy the games much more.

Happy Monday...our team is on a 3 game winning streak....enjoy the rest of your day

We are who we are, John. Some folks just don't want the season to end in December.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many turnovers does he have?

You will see better defenses stuff the run box with 8 players and make TT throw the ball.

The question to me is whether or not TT can win these types of games. Seattle will be a good test.

he has won these types of games since that is what they do now.

I have been a Tyrod guy. There are some things that he does really well. He protects the football. If the Bills want to play this style of offense you need a QB that can run and he does that really well. I also loved the way that they finished those drives yesterday. The defense made a few plays and the Bills made them pay.

There are some concerns to me as well. His accuracy seems to be falling off. The deep ball in particular. Tyrod made a great audible yesterday on the deep ball to Woods and just missed him. To me, I was thrilled to see that type of pre-snap read and adjustment but frustrated that he missed him wide open on a throw that is one of his strengths. I know that the receivers that he has at the moment is at or near the bottom of the league. I was glad to see Clay get involved though.

I could care less how many yards he passes for. That isn't important at all to this team's success. What is important is that he makes the important plays. Yesterday was a mixed bag on that. Tyrod had the big 3rd down run and 2 TD passes (at least one and maybe both were on 3rd down). He missed Woods wide open and Goodwin on a 3rd down. He was a little unlucky too in that the Woods drop and Clay drops were both going to be huge plays. I thought that yesterday though was one of his worst throwing games. The Bills do need to hit some shots deep in order to keep this running game operating like it is.

I think he's not putting enough air under his deep balls. With less air, the throw has to be really, really precise - which is hard to do on throws that go 30 yards plus in the air. He's got to get a little more arc on those throws. He's been off the last couple of games, but he'll figure it out.

In five games, he has turned the ball over only 2 times -- and one of those was effectively a coffin-corner punt (vs. Arizona) on a 3rd-and-forever.

Edited by dave mcbride

I barley watch college football so I don't know, but I feel this gets said all the time only to have a few guys emerge come draft time.

If anything, folks usually think there are 5-8 QBs worth drafting in "this year's class". And then once reality hits, we are lucky if even 1 QB emerges as a decent player.

Even in 2013, not many people were talking about Manuel, but we sure thought highly of Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, and Tyler Wilson. Turns out NONE of them can play.

In 2011, we/teams were suckered into thinking Ponder, Locker, and Gabbert were all worthy of 1st round picks.

Turns out, "next year's class" is never as god as we hope.

I just can't believe how his accuracy has fallen off........I know his mechanics aren't great but he's f*cking dying out there at times.

He'd be helped a lot by having a bigger WR corps.........he's not a small window passer and the third down throws to Goodwin have been a recipe for a punt........but this year he's missing all kinds of throws he made last year.

I think that is a scheme problem. Why is Goodwin running 7 yard outs and Woods is running long? On a must-make down, you put your best players in their best position to succeed. I know you can't do that every down, because the defense will know where you are going, but sometimes you just have to beat the guys across the line of scrimmage.

Can you guys stfu for one sec and stop bitching about everyone pointing out flaws with this team

You act like we are playing like the best team in the NFL, and then when we play good teams and get crushed you come back here to complain.

I'm just pointing out what needs to be said. Tyrod has to play better in order for us to make the playoffs. This is 2016, you don't win every single game with defense anymore. Stop living in a fantasy world

Edited by Yeezus

I would like to see Tyrod hold the ball less. I would also like to see his accuracy improve.

However, he is protecting the ball and he's not forcing stupid passes. With the running game and the defense doing as well as they have, Tyrod is playing well enough for the Bills to beat anybody.

That said, I don't think Tyrod is a "bring your team back from a deficit against a decent opponent," kind of QB. For the past few weeks, that hasn't been necessary.

I think it is important to note that TT is playing within the confines of a SYSTEM

So if you want to call him a system QB...that is fine....you want to say he isnt a top 5 QB.....thats fine to

I think Tyrod transends what people want to see at QB.....Tyrod Taylor is not a pocket passing QB....he is a fricken WEAPON

One of the reasons why he can do what he do is because at any second he can take off and hurt your defense.....but still has

- A rocket arm

- A great deep ball

- The ability to throw on the run

If people could just get past what their expectations are of a pocket passing qb and look at the situation for what it is.....they would enjoy the games much more.

Happy Monday...our team is on a 3 game winning streak....enjoy the rest of your day

This sounds a lot like JP Losman....

P.S.

through 5 games Tyrod is on pace for a 20TD 6INT season, identical to last year.

Edited by CountDorkula

Can you guys stfu for one sec and stop bitching about everyone pointing out flaws with this team

You act like we are playing like the best team in the NFL, and then when we play good teams and get crushed you come back here to complain.

I'm just pointing out what needs to be said. Tyrod has to play better in order for us to make the playoffs. This is 2016, you don't win every single game with defense anymore. Stop living in a fantasy world

LOL

You still need to take a chance.

What is wrong with that? Would people really have an issue with the team drafting a QB high in the draft next year?

The QB position makes an enormous difference between good and bad teams.

I am definately not against drafting QBs

but

Dont you think we have more pressing needs?

Gilmore is going to be a problem....the guy is not playing like a top 5 corner but he wants top 5 corner money..

We need offensive weapons in the worst way

Given those two considerations....unless a can pass up talent at QB falls into our lap it seems to me this is the way we need to go.

This sounds a lot like JP Losman....

P.S.

through 5 games Tyrod is on pace for a 20TD 6INT season, identical to last year.

JP Losman could throw it a country mile but could not throw a short pass to save his life.....Tyrod is doing that.

In all honest....I dont know what has happened to TT's accuracy this year.....last year I thought he was pretty darn accurate. I feel like the deep pass has been taken out of the playbook for some reason and it should not be.

Con: that time he lined up behind the !@#$ing left guard and called for a snap, leading to a near turnover and massive loss of yards.

That had me wondering where TT's head was at. Reminded me of Elway in his rookie year when he lined up under his guard to take the snap and his center had to tell him to get behind him instead. But Elway was a rookie, not a 6th year QB. Luckily TT atoned for it on his big scramble but if we had been forced to punt and the Rams scored, TT would be getting ripped on today.

LOL

I am definately not against drafting QBs

but

Dont you think we have more pressing needs?

Gilmore is going to be a problem....the guy is not playing like a top 5 corner but he wants top 5 corner money..

We need offensive weapons in the worst way

Given those two considerations....unless a can pass up talent at QB falls into our lap it seems to me this is the way we need to go.

JP Losman could throw it a country mile but could not throw a short pass to save his life.....Tyrod is doing that.

In all honest....I dont know what has happened to TT's accuracy this year.....last year I thought he was pretty darn accurate. I feel like the deep pass has been taken out of the playbook for some reason and it should not be.

Here is where i stand.

We could use upgrades in several places. Tyrod is playing meh, but we are winning. If that continues you have to draft play makers on offense and defense first. But if a "Sure fire" QB falls into your lap, you have to take that chance.

It could be defenses are covering that first. AKA 2 deep safety look and taking away the deep ball.

If anything, folks usually think there are 5-8 QBs worth drafting in "this year's class". And then once reality hits, we are lucky if even 1 QB emerges as a decent player.

Even in 2013, not many people were talking about Manuel, but we sure thought highly of Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, and Tyler Wilson. Turns out NONE of them can play.

In 2011, we/teams were suckered into thinking Ponder, Locker, and Gabbert were all worthy of 1st round picks.

QB fever. Catch it!

You're missing 2014 and 2012 in your 2 season analysis.