3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broncos won the Super Bowl with a QB who threw for 141 yards and an interception.

And they have the #1 defense in the league. With the Bills secondary giving up as much yards as they do, do you really think Tyrod's limited passing ability is enough to get the Bills to 11 wins (enough for a wild card spot)?

When you face the #32 run defense and you have Shady McCoy you run the ball.

Explain the other two times...

Edited by Jerry Jabber

And they have the #1 defense in the league. With the Bills secondary giving up as much yards as they do, do you really think Tyrod's limited passing ability is enough to get the Bills to 11 wins (enough for a wild card spot)?

Explain the other two times...

When you are winning, you don't take needless chances. Football 101.

Said it in another thread that sooner or later we have to win game BECAUSE of our quarterback and not in spite of him. He was putrid today. Once again dared to be a QB and he couldn't get it done.

Threw 2 TD passes and no interceptions. Not exactly putrid. Run game is working. Passes will too. I think you are just being a bit impatient. Taylor put up some decent numbers last year and keep in mind he also had some dominant play by Sammy Watkins. Give him some time. We have been going up against some great defenses. Let's see what happens the next couple of weeks. Some teams will not be that good at pressuring the QB. The season is not a sprint, man.

Threw 2 TD passes and no interceptions. Not exactly putrid. Run game is working. Passes will too. I think you are just being a bit impatient. Taylor put up some decent numbers last year and keep in mind he also had some dominant play by Sammy Watkins. Give him some time. We have been going up against some great defenses. Let's see what happens the next couple of weeks. Some teams will not be that good at pressuring the QB. The season is not a sprint, man.

Sign me up for more 3-0 putrid.

I don't get caught up in stats as I've said. There's a huge difference between throwing the ball and quarterbacking, after all. His decision making and execution aren't showing the kind of progress necessary after last season's promise. For whatever reason he has stagnated this season.

It's great we are winning games; nothing tops that. But I feel we are whistling past the graveyard because TT is going to have to win games with his smarts and arm at some point in a come from behind fashion and I wish I were more convinced he is up to that challenge. He just hasn't shown it yet in his 6th year and 19 career starts to this point.

When you are winning, you don't take needless chances. Football 101.

Bills didn't beat the Ravens and TT threw for under 150 on that one. That's one of the knocks on TT is that he can't lead a team from behind in the 4th quarter. But if you like settling for 8-8 and 9-7 teams, then good on you, but as I already said, 10-6 sometimes is not good enough for one of the Wild Card spots.

You still need to take a chance.

What is wrong with that? Would people really have an issue with the team drafting a QB high in the draft next year?

The QB position makes an enormous difference between good and bad teams.

Oh, of course you need to draft QBs.

However, there is a fine line between teams who take a safe risk on QB in the first few rounds every few years... and teams like the Browns and Jets who were taking them early every year so they end up with a stable like Geno, Petty, and Hack.

WRT Taylor, I like him and think he can be our solution, but I dont think he has long term sustainability in the league. His legs will slow down, he'll get injured again, and I just don't think he has more than 3-4 years left. So in that case, I'm all for drafting a QB early if there is one that we like and who can develop behind him for the next couple of years.

Here is where i stand.

We could use upgrades in several places. Tyrod is playing meh, but we are winning. If that continues you have to draft play makers on offense and defense first. But if a "Sure fire" QB falls into your lap, you have to take that chance.

It could be defenses are covering that first. AKA 2 deep safety look and taking away the deep ball.

No "sure fire" QBs fall into anyone's lap. If they are sure fire, they go in the first pick or two overall.

However, if there is a high potential development project QB available, NOW is the time to pick him while we have Taylor holding down the fort for the next couple of seasons.

The team played a very solid game yesterday in all phases. And we actually out coached someone for a change. (Jeff Fisher is a garbage coach whose hey day was a LONG LONG time ago) But the passing game is wretched. Our yards after the catch are almost non existent. Most of the routes run are towards the sidelines, and comeback turnarounds where the receiver is immediately tackled. The only passes that were thrown with room to run was the bomb that was overthrown to Woods who was wide open, and the slant that he dropped where there was at least 15+ yards of open field in front of him. (He is a receiver that can make plays though w a decent passing QB)

The passing game has to get better. I think it is a combination of TT not being accurate, lacking confidence in throwing guys open in the middle intermediate area of the field, and the route combinations being called by the coaches. We will stay in the race for at least the Wild Card because we have a very good defense and running game. And TT will make the occasional big play w his feet and his arm. But to be a contender to make some serious noise, the passing game in general has to get better.

And if those of you want to start doing cartwheels because we are 3-2, so be it. We have improved to the top half of the league. And that is a great move in the right direction. But to play w the elite teams, we have to get more out of the offense than just McCoy.

The team played a very solid game yesterday in all phases. And we actually out coached someone for a change. (Jeff Fisher is a garbage coach whose hey day was a LONG LONG time ago) But the passing game is wretched. Our yards after the catch are almost non existent. Most of the routes run are towards the sidelines, and comeback turnarounds where the receiver is immediately tackled. The only passes that were thrown with room to run was the bomb that was overthrown to Woods who was wide open, and the slant that he dropped where there was at least 15+ yards of open field in front of him. (He is a receiver that can make plays though w a decent passing QB)

The passing game has to get better. I think it is a combination of TT not being accurate, lacking confidence in throwing guys open in the middle intermediate area of the field, and the route combinations being called by the coaches. We will stay in the race for at least the Wild Card because we have a very good defense and running game. And TT will make the occasional big play w his feet and his arm. But to be a contender to make some serious noise, the passing game in general has to get better.

And if those of you want to start doing cartwheels because we are 3-2, so be it. We have improved to the top half of the league. And that is a great move in the right direction. But to play w the elite teams, we have to get more out of the offense than just McCoy.

👍👍

A lesson that I learned during the Super Bowl years: enjoy a win without nitpicking the things that weren't perfect. So, I won't acknowledge the OP's question.

Bring on the niners.

Agree 100%. You should never have to apologize for winning a game.

Then again, you should never apologize about anything, it's a sign of weakness.

When you face the #32 run defense and you have Shady McCoy you run the ball.

Shady only had 18 carries. It wasn't like he was a 30 carry workhorse back that prevented there from being enough plays for the O to throw the ball.

I don't know why it's so hard for you to admit that TT looked bad yesterday and hasn't looked very good this season. I want him to be the answer too, but closing your eyes and clicking your heals together three times doesn't make it so.

Shady only had 18 carries. It wasn't like he was a 30 carry workhorse back that prevented there from being enough plays for the O to throw the ball.

I don't know why it's so hard for you to admit that TT looked bad yesterday and hasn't looked very good this season. I want him to be the answer too, but closing your eyes and clicking your heals together three times doesn't make it so.

Those 18 carries netted him as many yards as most people get with 30 and that's all that mattered.

TT looked off and has plenty of room for improvement, but I wouldnt say he looked "bad". His WRs had some drops, and he has new guys in at #1WR and #2WR. He's missing Sammy's speed at #1 or else he hits that bomb where he overthrew Woods. And he's missing Woods height at #2 or else the ball(s) over Goodwin's head get caught.

Could be better, sure. But not bad or horrible, imo.

Edited by DrDareustein

Those 18 carries netted him as many yards as most people get with 30 and that's all that mattered.

TT looked off and has plenty of room for improvement, but I wouldnt say he looked "bad". His WRs has some drops, and he has new guys in at #1WR and #2WR. He's missing Sammy's speed at #1 or else he hits that bomb where he overthrew Woods. And he's missing Woods height at #2 or else the ball(s) over Goodwin's head get caught.

What about if teams like the Cheats, Seahawks, Steelers and Bengals shut down the run game and the Bills have to rely on the passing game? Throwing for 120 (ish) yards is definitely not going to cut it.

TT looked off and has plenty of room for improvement, but I wouldnt say he looked "bad". His WRs has some drops, and he has new guys in at #1WR and #2WR. He's missing Sammy's speed at #1 or else he hits that bomb where he overthrew Woods. And he's missing Woods height at #2 or else the ball(s) over Goodwin's head get caught.

Alright, "bad" isn't the right word, but he didn't look good and certainly not like somebody I'd throw a bunch of money at in the next 5 years. What he doesn't look like it somebody who can help get the team some wins when the running game and/or D is having an off day.

I'm holding TT to a higher standard this year than last. He has a new contract he has to earn and he's no longer a first year starter.

Why are there always excuses.

First it was the line, he had no protection. That has sured up, that is out

Then it was the o coordinator. he is gone. So that excuse is out.

Now it is the WR.

Why cant we just say hey, this guy isin't performing right now.

Taylor is in the mid-lower 20's in every major statistical QB ranking. That is not good.

We are winning which is great, but how long can this be sustained.

Edited by CountDorkula

Why are there always excuses.

First it was the line, he had no protection. That has sured up, that is out

Then it was the o coordinator. he is gone. So that excuse is out.

Now it is the WR.

Why cant we just say hey, this guy isin't performing right now.

Taylor is in the mid-lower 20's in every major statistical QB ranking. That is not good.

We are winning which is great, but how long can this be sustained.

+1

You are such a valuable poster here. I love reading all of your posts. Really good stuff. Thx for ALL your negative threads. Enjoy every one of them.

-Nobody Ever

No one is more negative than you, r00tabaga!

It's just that your negativity is directed at your fellow Bills fans/posters at this forum.

Nice!

Out of curiosity, to all the people defending TT in this thread, if you are the Bills and we get this same type of production all year do you Take the out in the contract or move forward paying him $27M next season?

To me the question isn't whether he's good enough so far, it's how much you are willing to invest in him moving forward. Like Bado said upstream, his accuracy has regressed this year and it's a bit shocking. I hope to hell he improves during the season making the decision easy because right now it's a really tough decision.

Unlike most in this thread, this is a quality post and moves the discussion forward.

You've hit the nail on the head.

Tyrod is a "tweener" of a QB.

It's hard to tell if he is worth that kind of investment or if he should be discarded.

Perhaps the next question to be asked is: "If you take the out in the K, who do you replace TT with for next season?"

If the answer is "we don't have anyone who has a 75% chance to be as good as or better than TT" then I think you have to pay Tyrod the cash, as much as that doesn't make sense on a lot of levels and he certainly doesn't deserve that chunk of the cap.

But economics in the league are what they are these days. Unfortunately.