3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

Yeah, that's pretty spot on. Somehow the results have tended to be better than you'd expect though.

Because it' s not entirely spot on. In contrast to what the report says about his scrambling potential, that aspect of his game has proven to be a huge positive. As for the ill-advised throws they claim he makes too often, he hardly ever turns the ball over.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it' s not entirely spot on. In contrast to what the report says about his scrambling potential, that aspect of his game has proven to be a huge positive. As for the ill-advised throws they claim he makes too often, he hardly ever turns the ball over.

So he improved two weaknesses

Shady was the offense this week. More rushing yards gained than passing yards achieved by TT. It wasn't on TT's shoulders.

Yet Shady didn't actually score. Taylor tossed 2 great TD passes. 3 if you count the one that the WR couldn't stay in bounds. And the roll out, waiting for the defense to get close, then flipping the ball to the RB at the last second for a TD run. These are not pedestrian QB plays. It ain't all about the pass with this team.

Yet Shady didn't actually score. Taylor tossed 2 great TD passes. 3 if you count the one that the WR couldn't stay in bounds. And the roll out, waiting for the defense to get close, then flipping the ball to the RB at the last second for a TD run. These are not pedestrian QB plays. It ain't all about the pass with this team.

Not 3 because the one Woods couldnt stay in bounds should have been thrown much earlier it was Late like alot of his throws

We are built to run the ball, play defense, control the clock, and occasionally connect for a big play on offense. If we cant run the ball bc we are getting shredded on defense we are going to lose 80% of the time probably.

If we wanted to keep up with teams shredding us on defense we wouldnt have invested so much on defense. We wouldnt have a defensive coach. We wouldnt have had a run-first offensive coordinator. We wouldnt have invested so much in the running game. We wouldnt have a mobile QB.

If a team is shredding the hawks on defense, can they keep up? On occassion perhaps, but thats not how theyre built to succeed. Does russel wilson need to be replaced then?

When the chiefs get shredded on defense how do they look trying to throw for 400yds to keep up. Not great. Yet they still manage to have winning seasons every year.

If the broncos were getting shredded on defense last yr in the super bowl how would that have turned out for them? Thats not how they were built.

Lets also not forget how both games vs the pats last yr and Marsha were decided by 1 score and one of them was a shootout.

This offense can put up points on occassion but yeh if we have to rely on 300-400yds passing and 50 pass attempts ala Rivers than we are going to lose the majority of time - just like Rivers loses a majority of shootouts. If thats what you want then forget complaining about TT - get rid of shady, get rid of rex, get rid of Lynn. CLEAN HOUSE. go draft your pocket passer and a couple of wr's and go knock yourself out with shooutouts.

So we agree then. Tyrod is nothing more than a game manager. Someone you ask to not lose you a game while the defense and running attack go out there and win it.

TT's numbers are the last aspect of his game I look at on a weekly basis. He's got serious flaws in his game and I'll just leave it at that.

And you're absolutely right, we won. That's the bottom line. So no more negatives from me on this point.

For now.

L.A. has a good D. They held Seattle & Russell Wilson without a TD. We ought to keep things in perspective. TT is obviously no Brady or Marino, but he is a talented guy who imo will get better as the season moves along. Let's see what happens before we call him a failure or a franchise QB. So far he is 11-8 as a starter.

L.A. has a good D. They held Seattle & Russell Wilson without a TD. We ought to keep things in perspective. TT is obviously no Brady or Marino, but he is a talented guy who imo will get better as the season moves along. Let's see what happens before we call him a failure or a franchise QB. So far he is 11-8 as a starter.

In fairness to the Rams, they were missing key starters on the D.

WIn/Loss records are team stats, not QB stats.

Yup. I know. I've been very complimentary of Tyrod, but I'm still going to mention his weaknesses.

I think people need to stop trying to convince themselves that he's going to get better. He's not.

But if he keeps playing at least as well as he's played the last two weeks, I'll be happy. He's not turning the ball over, he's not taking big hits and he's been reasonably consistent, given the change at OC and the injuries to the team (especially Sammy Watkins).

What's most impressive is that he's only lined up behind the guard once. Baby steps.

Definitive statements like saying he's not going to get better are flat out dumb. You have no idea. Bills fans really aren't that smart it's pretty sad.

We are built to run because we can't pass.

Got it.

We were built to run b/c that was the plan all along. What's so difficult to understand about that? Rex has always been a run-heavy/defensive minded head coach. Romen was a run-oriented coach. Anthony Lynn is a former running back.

So we agree then. Tyrod is nothing more than a game manager. Someone you ask to not lose you a game while the defense and running attack go out there and win it.

In this system, the large majority of the time that's all we want. By design.

Again, think of Alex Smith, but with potentially more upside b/c TT throws the deep ball better, and he's even more of a threat running the ball.

Definitive statements like saying he's not going to get better are flat out dumb. You have no idea. Bills fans really aren't that smart it's pretty sad.

Some have the act of smashing each other on top of tables during tailgate down to an art though.

Edited by bobobonators

In this system, the large majority of the time that's all we want. By design.

Again, think of Alex Smith, but with potentially more upside b/c TT throws the deep ball better, and he's even more of a threat running the ball.

It's be design because our QB isn't that good. You don't think that if our QB was capable of throwing it 35 times a game and putting up points consistently that we wouldn't be doing that? This team is playing to their strengths of having a good defense and running the ball. Passing isn't one of those strengths. This doesn't seem very complicated to me.

Edited by Bangarang

David Lee is to blame. Love the win, but Tyrod's accuracy needs some work and his "QB coach" with the terrible resume hasn't done his job.

I want Tyrod to be the guy because when he's on, it's exciting. However, I assume like every person on this board, I will not be completely satisfied until we see a Super Bowl winning product on the field and Tyrod has not shown that to date.

It's be design because our QB isn't that good. You don't think that if our QB was capable of throwing it 35 times a game and putting up points consistently that we wouldn't be doing that? This doesn't seem very complicated to me.

Keep telling yourself that. That's exactly what this coaching staff is known for: the aerial assault, 400yd, 45 attempt games. :rolleyes:

If Rex and this regime wanted to throw it 45 times a game, they would've gotten an offensive coordinator in here that has offensive gamelans designed to throw it 45 times a game. They would've drafted a QB to throw it 45 times a game. They would've made it their mission to get another QB in here that can just stand back there like a statue and throw it 45x's a game if that's what they truly wanted.

Keep telling yourself that. That's exactly what this coaching staff is known for: the aerial assault, 400yd, 45 attempt games. :rolleyes:

If Rex and this regime wanted to throw it 45 times a game, they would've gotten an offensive coordinator in here that has offensive gamelans designed to throw it 45 times a game. They would've drafted a QB to throw it 45 times a game. They would've made it their mission to get another QB in here that can just stand back there like a statue and throw it 45x's a game if that's what they truly wanted.

The All-22 every week really tells me everything there is to know.

Do you want to know why Rex brought in an offensive coordinator known for his running game? Because our QB options at the time were Matt Cassel, EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor. He inherited a team with an incredible defense and brought in Shady McCoy. Obviously the plan was always going to be to live and die by the defense and running game because of what we had at QB.

Some of you live in this fantasy world where 125 passing yards is impressive and this is what good QBs look like.

I don't think there's anything wrong with critiquing Tyrod's play, while also praising his good moments, and the fact that the team has won 3 straight games. Our running game and defense have stepped up the last three weeks, and thankfully Tyrod takes care of the ball. But that doesn't mean Tyrod is playing well, overall. He's missing a lot of easy throws, and still slow on decision making. Hopefully he grows some more this year, otherwise we might need to think about another QB to groom (not necessarily replace Tyrod right away, but put some thought into someone else as our 'franchise QB for the future')

Your right, guys also dropped some passes that couldve kept drives alive too. As a team Im looking forward to everyone get better as their chemistry grows. When the offense is too Sammy-centric this is what happens. TT gotta find his groove with the whole WR core not just the star to really spread the field and be the guy everyone on here wants him to be.

Do you want to know why Rex brought in an offensive coordinator known for his running game? Because our QB options at the time were Matt Cassel, EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor. He inherited a team with an incredible defense and brought in Shady McCoy. Obviously the plan was always going to be to live and die by the defense and running game because of what we had at QB.

Some of you live in this fantasy world where 125 passing yards is impressive and this is what good QBs look like.

To be fair a lot of us knew we had a good enough defense and a star at RB so we needed a game manager. We got a little more than that in TT, the guy is a playmaker. I think he can develop into the guy but im not gonna burry the guy cuz hes not putting up a jillion yards each game. As long as he doesnt turn it over and does enough to win, were good for now. I dont think anyone on the current roster can do better.

Rex was hired as a HC and knowingly brought Roman here just b/c we had EJ and TT here? ok...not b/c that's the STYLE OF FOOTBALL he likes? Roman was one of Rex's first hires. Tell me, who did Rex and co. draft the first year he was here? Exactly. And who did they draft this past year? Exactly. Smash mouth, defensive football. That's what they drafted. Where is your gunslinger QB that Rex so desperately wants and needs? Fact is this regime has had more than one opportunity to go out there and draft a QB and turn this offense into a passing attack - they haven't. Rex and this regime hitched their ride to TT for a reason. The fact that you can't understand the basic tenet behind Rex's coaching philosophy after all these years is disturbing.

You seem to live in a fantasy world where Matt Ryan, Rivers, and Brees are going to super bowls every season on the backs of their 450yd passing performances. They're not. I know what a good QB looks like, but more importantly, I also know what a good team looks like. We have a philosophy in place, which is more than can be said for the majority of teams around the league, and that philosophy doesn't involve airing it out. Come to grips with it, for better or worse.

Edited by bobobonators

Yes. This is like saying Peyton Manning was a reason the Broncos won the Super Bowl.

This isn't me bashing Tyrod. But let's not get crazy and think that he's suddenly a good QB. He's a lot like Fitz (but better, lately) ... give him a lead and he's been smart enough and good enough to hold it. But if we get down two scores, we'll likely lose the game.

2 scores? How about 4 points. Last week the AM guys on GR had a stat that if the Bills were down by 4 or more points at any point during a game during the TT era, TT only has been able to win one game (Titans) last year.

Look guys it is a sign we are a good team. Tyrod hasn't progressed, if anything he has regressed and we have found a way to win 3 in a row after an awful 1st week.

I think Tyrod is one of the two best Bills QBs since that great year Beldsoe had... but I'd rather have him that Fitz because Tyrod doesn't lose you games even when he doesn't win you them.

I will say though that in my view our season now lives and dies by the health of Shady McCoy. If he stays healthy he will put us in positions to win offensively without TT needing to push it. If he doesn't and Tyrod has to try and press the pedal I think we will struggle to win games even with our D keeping people in check.

Greg Roman was hired on January 12, 2015.

Matt Cassel was traded for on March 10, 2015.

Tyrod Taylor signed with the Bills as a Free Agent on March 12. 2015.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13