Rex Crashes Edelman's Conference Call

Rex can come out and say "Great weather today" and you would shred it apart and make some conspiracy of how its now gonna derail our next game. Its unbelievable around here.

Doesn't Rex know saying something like this is a direct taunt at Mother Nature, who will undoubtedly unleash a terrible thunderstorm immediately thereafter? Just say "there is weather today" and be done with it. Dammit Rex!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't Rex know saying something like this is a direct taunt at Mother Nature, who will undoubtedly unleash a terrible thunderstorm immediately thereafter? Just say "there is weather today" and be done with it. Dammit Rex!

Hahahaha, OMG spot on with what would be said around here in that situation...you hit the absurd 100%...literally started cracking up...its so funny because its so true. :beer:

What are you guys even talking about, your comment and others are so ridiculous. He HAD to be there for HIS OWN press conference. He didn't take time out of prepping for a game to go prank Edelman, he got their for his interview as they were ending Edelmans and made a quick joke. He stumbled on this and had a quick second of fun with it, there was no prepping for this...there was no lost time prepping for NE for this. Geezus, hate him all you want, but come back to realm of reality already instead of fabricating false truths to somehow manufacture more hate for him.

Rex can come out and say "Great weather today" and you would shred it apart and make some conspiracy of how its now gonna derail our next game. Its unbelievable around here.

Not only this, but Rex knows every second the spotlight is on him, that's one less second it's on his players. He's been doing this since the earliest days of Sanchito in New Jersey, and yet so many seem to have an aching yearn to portray Rex as nothing more than an incompetent doofus.

For a team that's 1 - 2, to take time away from preparing for the next game, which is a pretty important game at that, yes this is quite a hot take.

Do you know how ridiculous this is? Rex was just entering the media room at OBD for his Wednesday Media Day Presser and just before he took the podium he jumped on the call with Edelman to ask his prank question.

@AroundTheNFL

Rex Ryan knows how to have fun when it comes to playing the Patriots http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000711358/article/rex-goes-undercover-during-edelman-conference-call

CtdHtJbUAAAKEQs.jpg

Lighthearted fun. :thumbsup:

Do you know how ridiculous this is? Rex was just entering the media room at OBD for his Wednesday Media Day Presser and just before he took the podium he jumped on the call with Edelman to ask his prank question.

@AroundTheNFL

Rex Ryan knows how to have fun when it comes to playing the Patriots http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000711358/article/rex-goes-undercover-during-edelman-conference-call

CtdHtJbUAAAKEQs.jpg

Lighthearted fun. :thumbsup:

Let me draw a parallel, and then I'm done. I'm Joe Blow working on a project that is weeks behind and coming in late, or maybe I'm on a sales team that is missing its quarterly target. I choose that time to do some kind of prank at work that makes everybody laugh. But boss looks at it and says, hmmm. I got a guy with a project behind schedule (or missing his sales targets), yet he has time to pull pranks at work. It just doesn't look right.

Now if I get my project done on time, or I meet or exceed my sales targets (or Ryan wins), in the end nobody cares. But sumbitch better win...

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Let me draw a parallel, and then I'm done. I'm Joe Blow working on a project that is weeks behind and coming in late, or maybe I'm on a sales team that is missing its quarterly target. I choose that time to do some kind of prank at work that makes everybody laugh. But boss looks at it and says, hmmm. I got a guy with a project behind schedule (or missing his sales targets), yet he has time to pull pranks at work. It just doesn't look right.

Now if I get my project done on time, or I meet or exceed my sales targets (or Ryan wins), in the end nobody cares. But sumbitch better win...

That was a horrible analogy.

Is Joe Blow part of an elite group of salesmen where only 31 other people the world have the same job? Is he given a massive amount of leeway to run his team and the day-to-day operations as he sees fit? And you think the big boss is going to look at the equivalent of dropping a lighthearted, funny one-liner about a leading competitor in the large conference room (while demonstrating an adept knowledge of the company's history) before an all-staff meeting as a prank that doesn't look right?

Edited by jimmy10

Your example is terrible. He wasn't behind on a project...he wasn't taking time from said project. What part of the concept of him HAVING TO BE IN THE ROOM FOR HIS OWN PRESS CONFERENCE escapes you? He was there already...he cracked a joke that was fun and light hearted because he isn't dead inside like some posters on this board, get over it. And I own multiple companies, and as a boss I can tell you I would not have any problem of any employee doing anything like what Rex did today under all the factual circumstances surrounding it.

Terrible example. There are few good parallels in the business world, the NFL is in the entertainment business. Besides, Rex and all coaches are mandated to have this session with the media - it's the media's time as dictated by the league , not Rex's time. Nothing wrong with a little levity in an otherwise mundane part of the job that all coaches must do. Rex can't choose to be doing something else with that time because the league says he cannot. I doubt preparations for the Pats game are behind schedule. Nobody should care beyond getting a chuckle out of it regardless of if the Bills win or lose. It's the Pats, so they will probably lose. Will that joke have anything to do with it? No.

I can't wait for the team to actual win consistently and for the shills to actually be right for once.

Law of averages say it will happen eventually so there is hope....

No I actual expect it to be a close game with the Patriots winning as that is how the games against the Patriots usually go with Rex. The Bills

Fixed

Terrible example. There are few good parallels in the business world, the NFL is in the entertainment business. Besides, Rex and all coaches are mandated to have this session with the media - it's the media's time as dictated by the league , not Rex's time. Nothing wrong with a little levity in an otherwise mundane part of the job that all coaches must do. Rex can't choose to be doing something else with that time because the league says he cannot. I doubt preparations for the Pats game are behind schedule. Nobody should care beyond getting a chuckle out of it regardless of if the Bills win or lose. It's the Pats, so they will probably lose. Will that joke have anything to do with it? No.

Man if I could like this 100 million times it wouldn't be enough.

I can't wait for the team to actual win consistently and for the shills to actually be right for once.

Law of averages say it will happen eventually so there is hope....

No I actual expect it to be a close game with the Patriots winning as that is how the games against the Patriots usually go with Rex.

Shills?

Don't you know this is football? This is serious.

That is a stupid analogy btw...

...stop trying so hard, your a NNN, just let it flow

Edited by r00tabaga

Completely different...that was funny because he wasn't our coach...common man, get with the program

Sammy didn't get it. It's at 5:03

https://m.soundcloud.com/dom-cosentino/rex-ryan-pretends-to-be-reporter-asks-sammy-watkins-a-quetsion

http://touch.metro.us//sports/rex-ryan-joins-in-on-interviewing-sammy-watkins/zsJnjv---MeRjSIQeMIzXU/

Was that the game that he forgot to put a CB on Sammy and he caught 3 balls for 157 yards?

he had a CB on him. Unfortunately that CB was Darrin Walls. Edited by YoloinOhio

Your example is terrible. He wasn't behind on a project...he wasn't taking time from said project. What part of the concept of him HAVING TO BE IN THE ROOM FOR HIS OWN PRESS CONFERENCE escapes you? He was there already...he cracked a joke that was fun and light hearted because he isn't dead inside like some posters on this board, get over it. And I own multiple companies, and as a boss I can tell you I would not have any problem of any employee doing anything like what Rex did today under all the factual circumstances surrounding it.

This is an absolutely outstanding post sir. It is the best thing I have read on this board recently.

It is amazing how many Bills fans/Rex Haters and members of the media either have no sense of humor or pretend to be offended by this. Amazing.

As an aside, in one of the videos of this, I think you can actually see Jerry Sullivan laugh. I was not sure that was even possible and was convinced that may be one of the seven signs of the apocalypse so we better be careful.

You think that only took 30 seconds? Dude spent hours working out the logistics. We're just gonna disagree on the buffoonity of one Rex Ryan. If the Bills were winning, I wouldn't GAS, but we're not.

For this particular stunt, I might give him a pass. He was said to be on the way to his Weds. news conference when he passed the reporters at the end of their conference call to Edelman. So maybe it was spontaneous and didn't cost him any time.

For this particular stunt, I might give him a pass. He was said to be on the way to his Weds. news conference when he passed the reporters at the end of their conference call to Edelman. So maybe it was spontaneous and didn't cost him any time.

Maybe? lol...so 100% facts are now maybes around here? Its not speculation, says word for word thats what happened...but thats still a maybe in your book? Lol...well at least its progress youre not still trying to sell the negative spin like some others wont let go of.

Hi, long time listener. Can you name one other NFL coach that does some stupid-a** stunt once a week like Rex does?

Oh, there isn't one. Thanks for taking my call.

Hmmmm...Are you familiar with Bill Belichick? Ever hear of him? He trolls and mocks the media weekly in brilliant fashion...so brilliant Rex even said he's the best at it. And there are a lot of coaches that say a lot of things to the media, you just don't care because they are not the coach of Bills or a divisional rival where Rex has been both.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Or he says, nice effort to break the tension. Cost me nothing and folks are upbeat again. Now lets get back to work.

I am not sure your parallel works here. But i think most folks who think this way are thinking Rex is not earning his paycheck. Forgetting we are not the one paying it.

Turn your ( not you my friend so much ) angst to that Pegula. Does he even know hijinks are going on on his thin dime?

Hmmmm...Are you familiar with Bill Belichick? Ever hear of him? He trolls and mocks the media weekly in brilliant fashion...so brilliant Rex even said he's the best at it. And there are a lot of coaches that say a lot of things to the media, you just don't care because they are not the coach of Bills or a divisional rival where Rex has been both.

1. His "stunts" consist of saying stuff in press conferences that he's required to do.

2. He wins games. Lots of them.

This is an absolutely outstanding post sir. It is the best thing I have read on this board recently.

It is amazing how many Bills fans/Rex Haters and members of the media either have no sense of humor or pretend to be offended by this. Amazing.

As an aside, in one of the videos of this, I think you can actually see Jerry Sullivan laugh. I was not sure that was even possible and was convinced that may be one of the seven signs of the apocalypse so we better be careful.

I wish you had not mentioned that. This was a fun thread up until that.

If Jerry was laughing either someone was passing out strong party favors early, or the magnetic poles have shifted

1. His "stunts" consist of saying stuff in press conferences that he's required to do.

So Rex can only smile if he is winning?

But he cannot smile because he needs to be emulating BB stage presence ?

Tough spot for my Buddy, Rex.

Is he allowed to blink?

Analytics says yes. But limits the blinks regardless.

waste.

muda.

Belichick completely mocks and trolls the press constantly. He has an entire schtick to him that he sticks too.

So because he has a better record than Rex (he also had guys like Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Welker, Gronk, etc etc his whole career in NE), that means Rex isn't allowed to be himself, smile, or be upbeat ever? LMAO, you must have like 20 Dick Jauron posters on your wall and worship his dead inside demeanor.

I mean heaven forbid Rex not walk around in a state of sadness or misery 24/7 and actually just be personable and himself when doing things like meaningless mandated interviews. The nerve of Rex, how dare he! LOL

Edited by Alphadawg7

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats hilarious. Sounds like something I would do.

I think if he had the right coordinators and just focused on game management, being a big cheerleader, and the actual HC roll, Rex would be successful. Hes jus gotta do **** like this, know when to call a time out, basically be a coach game manager. Kinda what they asked TT to do for them at QB. Dont make any big mistakes just manage the game, get the playmakers in position to make a play and let the playmakers do their thing. High five em when they do good, then correct and wipe their ass when they poop em.

Edited by Marty McFly

Comparing sports to real life is stupid. Neither has any relevance to one another.