Rex Crashes Edelman's Conference Call

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty funny. Great references by Rex as well. If you can't laugh at this stuff you take these media days way too seriously. Doesn't affect the game at all. The NFL is in the entertainment business. Most coaches wish they were as good as Belichick. Doesn't mean you need the personality of a corpse when dealing with the media though.

If you can't chuckle at this, then you're the one that's sad.

Rex dropping some serious NFL history today in his proclamation that Babe Parilli will be that Pats* starting QB and identifying himself as reporter Walt Patulski when asking Edleman the question.

I believe I heard a reporter ask Rex if Mario is a bigger bust as a #1 overall pick than Walt Patulski. :lol:

Could everyone who continuously feigns dismay after Rex speaks to the media please read the following, digest it, and then re-read it whenever you feel the need to comment?

--------------------------

Ryan stood by his loose demeanor Wednesday.

"Obviously, [belichick's] style works a hell of a lot better than my style, so I'll give him that," Ryan said. "But I learned a time ago: You got to be yourself in this league. That wouldn't work. If I tried to be like Bill Belichick, that would never work for me. Just like -- not that he ever would -- he's gonna try to be like someone else, that would never work for him.

"I think it's hilarious when he's on [stage] there [at his news conferences] because it's who he is, but it's great. He does it better than anybody else. Some guys that try to copy that style, they're phonies."

I couldn't hear Edelman's response. What did he say? And I find this funny, loosen up!

He said thanks for the question Walt. I don't know what role the coach will have me in, but I'll try to help the team win (paraphrase). A standard Patriots' answer that reveals nothing.

Could everyone who continuously feigns dismay after Rex speaks to the media please read the following, digest it, and then re-read it whenever you feel the need to comment?

--------------------------

Ryan stood by his loose demeanor Wednesday.

"Obviously, [belichick's] style works a hell of a lot better than my style, so I'll give him that," Ryan said. "But I learned a time ago: You got to be yourself in this league. That wouldn't work. If I tried to be like Bill Belichick, that would never work for me. Just like -- not that he ever would -- he's gonna try to be like someone else, that would never work for him.

"I think it's hilarious when he's on [stage] there [at his news conferences] because it's who he is, but it's great. He does it better than anybody else. Some guys that try to copy that style, they're phonies."

Lol perfectly said! BB disposes talking to the media he rather be breaking down game film or explaining what happen during a play.

Rex is the opposite and can be down right hillarious as well!! And what's funny the two are friends I think. Who said opposites attract?! 😛😛

He said thanks for the question Walt. I don't know what role the coach will have me in, but I'll try to help the team win (paraphrase). A standard Patriots' answer that reveals nothing.

Anything else and he would be banished to the bench by the emperor. 😎😎

Effort? 30 seconds to ask Edelman a prank question? Come on man!

You think that only took 30 seconds? Dude spent hours working out the logistics. We're just gonna disagree on the buffoonity of one Rex Ryan. If the Bills were winning, I wouldn't GAS, but we're not.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

You think that only took 30 seconds? Dude spent hours working out the logistics. We're just gonna disagree on the buffoonity of one Rex Ryan.

Big strategy sessions that included the entire coaching staff. They even called in Russ, Whaley, and the Pegulas to get it just right.