Week 2 predictions: Jets at Bills on TNF

YoloinOhio

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23-17 Bills. Fitz throws his usual game ending INT with the game on the line.

He is certainly guaranteed for a game ending pick in every close game. I called it Sunday against the Bengals haha.

Bills sneak by the Jets 17-13

You saw it coming too huh? :lol:

J E T S beat the Bufumbled Bills 35-7. Rob and Rex are seen after the game riding a double seated bike to Duffs to eat 100 chicken wings a piece. Doug Whaley is playing Madden 17 trying to figure out his next move and wondering why his attempts to raise Felton's FB ratings in the game are not translating to real life. Russ Brandon is playing sim city, trying to find another catchy saying to get fans in the seats. "Our uniforms were red, the fans were blue, why don't you come watch the team, they'll make you laugh too". The Pegulas forgot they own a football team and are talking to Tim Murray and Dan Blysma about the upcoming hockey season.

1) Jets D-Line will overwhelm Bills O-Line. Those guys are tough, they sacked Dalton 7 times..

2) Teams who perform pre-game ceremonies are often over-hyped and come out and lay an egg.

3) Jets are due to beat the Bills.

Jets 33

Bills 13

They should be due to beat the bills since they have LOST two the bills both games last year......one of them in a game they needed to make the playoffs

let that soak in for a minute.....the bills....missing several key players......beat the jets....who were fairly healthy at the time.....when all they had to do was beat the bills and they are in the playoffs

but they didnt....and the teams are almost exactly the same

Ryan still knows the majority of this Jets' team better than their own coach. He also completely owns Fitz. This is one of the rare match-ups where I feel very confident about our coaching staff. With the help of 2 defensive TDs, the Kool-Aid will flow like Niagara Falls for 10 days after this trouncing.

Bills 38

Jets 17

They should be due to beat the bills since they have LOST two the bills both games last year......one of them in a game they needed to make the playoffs

let that soak in for a minute.....the bills....missing several key players......beat the jets....who were fairly healthy at the time.....when all they had to do was beat the bills and they are in the playoffs

but they didnt....and the teams are almost exactly the same

There was a cool solar eclipse "last year" too. What's last year got to do with anything?

FWIW, I was at the grocery store today and the guy working the checkout lane saw my Bills T and said "Ahhhhh, I think your Bills are going to CRUSH my Jets tomorrow and our season is over!"

I said don't worry, our fans feel the same way about our season :beer:

Despite the suicidal tendencies of the fan community based on one game, supported by the Bills beat writers, I think we will find that last week was more of an aberration than the rule. Tyrod will bounce back, Roman will get his head out of his a$$, and the D will stifle the Jets. 23-16 Bills.

The bizarre part in all of this is that I can't ever remember writing the season off after week 1..... even back in the 80s. I really don't think the Bills have a prayer this year and after the Pats win and looking at the schedule, it looks pretty dark.

Jets D twice

Raiders away

Steelers

Cards

Pats twice

Seattle away

Cinci

1 loss already

How in the hell can anyone possible see playoffs out of that? That is assuming we win all the games not listed. If they do lose to the Jets, I really think you have to blow it up, I mean really blow it up Sabres style. 6 -8 wins would just be too hard to take again. Whaley spent 3 first round picks on Sammy and EJ and I think that alone is enough to wipe him out.

I think the biggest difference in this game are the coaches. Bowles (sp?) way better than Rex, IMO.

But I'm going with my heart in this one, plus the fan energy at New Era - Bills!

I will believe Bowles is a better coach when he manages to beat Rex, which he could not do last year. Or perhaps when he gets his team ready to play in a final game in which the playoffs were on the line.

I think the biggest difference in this game are the coaches. Bowles (sp?) way better than Rex, IMO.

But I'm going with my heart in this one, plus the fan energy at New Era - Bills!

Bowles was 0-2 vs Rex last year. How is he better ?

I will believe Bowles is a better coach when he manages to beat Rex, which he could not do last year. Or perhaps when he gets his team ready to play in a final game in which the playoffs were on the line.

All of this. So many Bowles and Fitz fanboys here.

Well I predicted a 6-10 season with that first loss at Balt...but I also picked the Bills to beat the Jets in their first meeting so I am sticking with my original prognostication

Carpenter nails a 50+ with no time on the clock for a Bills 18-17 win over the Jets

Not sure we can take this kind of drama late on a Thursday.......

The only way we win is with a TD on special teams or defense. This offense was futile last week and the Jets have a much better D.

I'll say 22-13 Jets. A big play could swing it in our favor 20-17 perhaps but it wont be a result of the offense

Unfortunately, Jets win 24 - 6.

Tyrod looked lost out there against Baltimore and Jets D is much better. I thought our D played reasonably well considering how weak we are at linebacker and safety. I think we are bottom 5 in the league in terms of roster depth, cannot afford anymore injuries or suspensions.

The bizarre part in all of this is that I can't ever remember writing the season off after week 1..... even back in the 80s. I really don't think the Bills have a prayer this year and after the Pats win and looking at the schedule, it looks pretty dark.

Jets D twice

Raiders away

Steelers

Cards

Pats twice

Seattle away

Cinci

1 loss already

How in the hell can anyone possible see playoffs out of that? That is assuming we win all the games not listed. If they do lose to the Jets, I really think you have to blow it up, I mean really blow it up Sabres style. 6 -8 wins would just be too hard to take again. Whaley spent 3 first round picks on Sammy and EJ and I think that alone is enough to wipe him out.

Agreed. The team wasn't that good last season, and I can't see where people are expecting improvement.

The offense is virtually the same players. I guess there should be some improvement because of continuity. Defensively, maybe people expect some improvement from Darby, and addition by subtraction of Mario Williams? Not much to hang your hat on.

I can't think of a single positive development in the off-season. There was basically zero help from the draft. No important free agent acquisition.

Any improvements are pretty much supposed to come from continuity, returning injured players, and development by players that were on last season's roster. Like "we were all set, player-wise. Now we just need to get everyone on the same page. Go Bills!"

It's a bad joke, on the Bills fan.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Agreed. The team wasn't that good last season, and I can't see where people are expecting improvement.

The offense is virtually the same players. I guess there should be some improvement because of continuity. Defensively, maybe people expect some improvement from Darby, and addition by subtraction of Mario Williams? Not much to hang your hat on.

I can't think of a single positive development in the off-season. There was basically zero help from the draft. No important free agent acquisition.

Any improvements are pretty much supposed to come from continuity, returning injured players, and development by players that were on last season's roster. Like "we were all set, player-wise. Now we just need to get everyone on the same page. Go Bills!"

It's a bad joke, on the Bills fan.

Your reasoning is sound.

But as fans, we want to hold on to any glimmer of hope for as long as we can until our team once again reaches into our chest, grabs our heart, throws it to the ground and stomps on it.

They play the game for a reason don't they? Otherwise, why not just throw in the towel right now and refuse to enjoy any of the remaining season, which is quite long yet.

Your reasoning is sound.

But as fans, we want to hold on to any glimmer of hope for as long as we can until our team once again reaches into our chest, grabs our heart, throws it to the ground and stomps on it.

They play the game for a reason don't they? Otherwise, why not just throw in the towel right now and refuse to enjoy any of the remaining season, which is quite long yet.

I know, but at almost 2 decades now, it's time for some "real talk". I have seen this movie enough to know how it unfolds.

It should have been obvious to Pegula after last season, but to see the same problems right out of the gate, and with nothing to point to as a tangible improvement....I can't play the fool for a whole season again.

I wish you well.

Edited by HoF Watkins