New Era sign is atrocious

mrags

Not to pick a fight here....but you pointed out something without realizing it.

It is not commonly done......so it is a matter of opinion of what would be right or wrong here.

I agree-- it is my opinion, no doubt.

But just because something is not commonly done does not make it wrong, and just because it has been done one way does not make that way the right way. The opinion of those arguing against my point seems to be: this is how it is done, therefore let it be. And then, the more absurd and disrespectful idea, that we don't owe Wilson anything.

I disagree, think it diminishes the Bills, their history, and their legacy to replace the founder's name with a hat company's name. Ralph Wilson's name should still be the hallmark of the Buffalo Bills' stadium name.

And the company would be so much better off doing so, associating their company's name and products with one of the most respected and important men in Buffalo New York's history.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree-- it is my opinion, no doubt.

But just because something is not commonly done does not make it wrong, and just because it has been done one way does not make that way the right way. The opinion of those arguing against my point seems to be: this is how it is done, therefore let it be. And then, the more absurd and disrespectful idea, that we don't owe Wilson anything.

I disagree, think it diminishes the Bills, their history, and their legacy to replace the founder's name with a hat company's name. Ralph Wilson's name should still be the hallmark of the Buffalo Bills' stadium name.

And the company would be so much better off doing so, associating their company's name and products with one of the most respected and important men in Buffalo New York's history.

So the statue wasn't enough?

488041306-statue-in-founders-plaza-in-ho

Pegula has done quite enough to pay tribute to Ralph Wilson.

Those are some dope hats though.

Agreed 100%, He payed 1.4 B for the team, and kept them in Buffalo, he can do what he wants with the naming rights. Fact of the matter is, Ralph should have sold the naming rights years ago.

He told Brandon in 2012 to do so

ROTFLMAO... we all begged Ralph to sell rights decades ago so we'd have money to sign more top players.. Not selling stadium rights was a typical dimwitted Ralph Wilson decision IMO

We do not owe him a damn thing.. He still owes us about 25 competitive teams..

i can't stress how stupid people are in this thread that they can't understand I'm not mad at all about naming rights.

Dave Hanson's wife had a baby at the Glens Falls Hospital back in the late 70s/early 80s. My mom worked there at the time and got me an autographed Adirondack Red Wings puck. Hanson was going to bring a stick in for me, but they advised against it. I still have the puck.

This place would complain about the design of the bills Superbowl ring

After complaining that we weren't even good that year but the NFL rigged it for us to win in the interest of league parity.

Edited by driddles

:lol:

Everyone wanted the naming rights sold, and now they do it and we have 11 pages complaining about it? The Bills are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

...we don't have 11 pages of people complaining about them selling the rights. It's about the amateur-hour last-minute graphics they've plastered on the front door.

I get it, you just paid millions for the naming rights. But you are really going to stand there and replace the front door of the stadium with the former deceased owners name with a stupid advertisement for hats? You couldn't come up with some sort of decent logo, signage. Instead it looks like a stupid billboard off the 190.

Ralph is probably rolling over in his grave right now.

Pegula should be ashamed of himself as well. For someone who is such a pansy when he talks about his teams and his town, sure sells out like a B word.

yeah that is bad but selling the name was the right thing to do

Honestly, New Era had about 3 days to "re-badge" an entire complex the size of "The Ralph", and get it done before tomorrow's game.

What should they have done?

Maybe some signage that states, "New Era - purveyor of caps to Major League Baseball for, like, forever, and representing Buffalo, NY worldwide with retail stores in NYC, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, Paris, London, Berlin, and various other sites throughout the globe" ???

Get a grip. Ralph has a statue at the stadium, his name is - and always will be - on The Wall, & he's in the NFL Hall of Fame. What more does he need? He was fine with naming rights, his widow is, and we should be too.

That is all I have on this topic.

I don't like the sign either. It's Loud and hard on the eyes, IMO.

A single cap would have done the trick -maybe make the cap interchangeable to promote their new styles.

It's fugly.

wonder if the new stadium will have a cap on it?

Honestly, New Era had about 3 days to "re-badge" an entire complex the size of "The Ralph", and get it done before tomorrow's game.

Maybe some signage that states, "New Era - purveyor of caps to Major League Baseball for, like, forever, and representing Buffalo, NY worldwide with retail stores in NYC, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, Paris, London, Berlin, and various other sites throughout the globe" ???

Get a grip. Ralph has a statue at the stadium, his name is - and always will be - on The Wall, & he's in the NFL Hall of Fame. What more does he need? He was fine with naming rights, his widow is, and we should be too.

Long time no see, where you been Senator?

wonder if the new stadium will have a cap on it?

Long time no see, where you been Senator?

In remission.

Diagnosed with liver cancer in 2012 - which, I've learned, has a mortality rate of 75% within 5 years, so I'm doin' fairly well! I've been seeing a lot of doctors and going through a few procedures since then.

The good folks at Roswell Park Cancer Institue have taken, and continue to take, wonderful care of me.

In remission.

Diagnosed with liver cancer in 2012 - which, I've learned, has a mortality rate of 75% within 5 years, so I'm doin' fairly well! I've been seeing a lot of doctors and going through a few procedures since then.

The good folks at Roswell Park Cancer Institue have taken, and continue to take, wonderful care of me.

Awesome, make sure you stay there!

let me just say that New Era, The Pegulas, The Bills org, and the NFL knew about this a long time before this past week when it was announced. You means to tell me that upon their multimillion dollar deal with the Bills and the NFL, Mew Era thought it would be a great idea to out up a highway billboard selling new caps?

Yeah, I guess I didn't think that through. Makes perfect sense.

In remission.

sorry to hear all this. And I wish you well. I imagine it's an incredibly tough battle. Edited by mrags

In remission.

Wow! sorry to hear this, hang in there, I will be praying for you 0:)0:)

Most stadiums have "Bank of America Stadium" and "EverBank Field" and "Metlife Stadium" plastered all over them with little reference to the team. If you are taking issue with the architecture of the entrance...well that's a different argument.

You are just not following along here. At least read a post before you comment on it fercryingoutloud.

In remission.

glad to see you posting. All the best, keep up the good fight and great attitude. 19-0 always.

I know, I know. - didn't mean to hijack anyone's thread...I suck!

It's a New Era in the BuffTown!

19 & 0 baby!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

This is not a hijack!!!

If we add up the next 3 years' wins and subtract all the losses, then in we'll see you in 2018 to celebrate 19-0!!!

Be well and Go Bills!!!