New Era sign is atrocious

mrags

well, when that happens, I'll be sure to get all bent out of shape again for changing it I'm sure.

:thumbsup: I hope so. I look forward to these moments together.

I wonder if they're going to get ralph a flat brim?

I am sure he is already hooked up

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, sad and pathetic.

Just because 'this is what is done" in the NFL does not make it the right thing to do or a classy move.

If the company wants to sell things and also enhance its image it should incorporate Ralph Wilson's name into the stadium's name:

Ralph Wilson New Era Stadium ?

A bit more classy, and more logical too. If not, shame on the Pegulas for this move and on New Era too.

Yes, sad and pathetic.

Just because 'this is what is done" in the NFL does not make it the right thing to do or a classy move.

If the company wants to sell things and also enhance its image it should incorporate Ralph Wilson's name into the stadium's name:

A bit more classy, and more logical too. If not, shame on the Pegulas for this move and on New Era too.

They built the guy a statue. What stadiums are named after the owners in any sport? There are some (like Lambeau) but a team is foolish to forsake $3-$5M a year (whatever the number was) just because.

Like the name of the field. The sign is weak. Hopefully just temporary until they get a better one. Would like to see a Bills player in action on the sign. Maybe Sammy catching a pass. Right now it looks like you're walking into a giant oversized Bills store.

They built the guy a statue. What stadiums are named after the owners in any sport? There are some (like Lambeau) but a team is foolish to forsake $3-$5M a year (whatever the number was) just because.

Again, just because this is done doesn't make it right. The fact is the stadium is named after the founder and should retain that name. No football in this town without Ralph. I am less likely to buy the goods of New Era if his name is not part of this stadium.

Makes sense from a community point of view and for the company to include his name. So, why not done? Answer: because others have not done so. Poor reason.

No class without it.

Yes, sad and pathetic.

Facts:

-- Ralph named the stadium after himself when the Rich Foods deal expired; how classy is that?

-- Ralph continued to preside over his personal memorial until 2012 when he finally gave the go ahead to sell the naming rights

-- Pegula chose not to pursue a naming rights deal during his first year of ownership out of respect for Ralph

-- Once they did pursue a deal, they didn't sell out for the most money, they targeted a locally-owned, nearly 100-year-old business that is already affiliated with the NFL -- completely illogical!

-- What other owners have their names associated with their teams' stadiums?

I just don't understand people.

Yes, sad and pathetic.

this is an entirely different issue I have than what this thread was meant to be about.

I agree 100% with this. New Era Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium would be a good option. Something like that. But I won't take away from that too much. It's a new owner and a new naming deal, I get it was going to happen eventually. I just don't like the cheesy billboard they chose for the front door. It looks cheap at the very least. A serious kind of signage would have been good. You don't see MetLife, or Gilette Stadium with a cheap overnight billboard wallpaper advertisement on it.