New Era sign is atrocious

mrags

Ralph is probably rolling over in his grave right now.

Pegula should be ashamed of himself as well. For someone who is such a pansy when he talks about his teams and his town, sure sells out like a B word.

Ralph Wilson is the one that should be ashamed. Wilson cried poor about revenues, threatening to move the Bills and scammed/scarred bills fans into buying season tickets over the last two decades but he didn't do the one thing that was easiest for him to help maximize revenues in a small market - selling the naming rights.

Pegula selling the naming rights to new era is the smartest thing a bills owner has done in the past 20 years.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you can build a $700 million business on baseball caps you are entitled to atrocious signs

i respect that answer. I still think it's a horrible sign for the front door to the stadium. But I do respect that. Well done.

Ralph Wilson is the one that should be ashamed. Wilson cried poor about revenues, threatening to move the Bills and scammed/scarred bills fans into buying season tickets over the last two decades but he didn't do the one thing that was easiest for him to help maximize revenues in a small market - selling the naming rights.

Pegula selling the naming rights to new era is the smartest thing a bills owner has done in the past 20 years.

selling the naming rights isn't my issue. A horrible advertisement as a stadium me is my issue. Looks cheesy IMO. Like a highway billboard IMO.

In my opinion it makes the bills more legit.....everyone knows who New Era is.....and they are identified with sports

Buffalo (and as a fan of whom has NEVER gotten closer then Cape Cod MA) has often been identified with "small market, are they even a part of new york, shoudnt they be a part of Canada, its always cold, you hear the old stupid sayings"

Well New Era is NOT small market.....but the nice thing is it IS based out of the Buffalo Area

So its all about a community thing.....lifting each other up by the boot straps.

I love it.....Go bills

In my opinion it makes the bills more legit.....everyone knows who New Era is.....and they are identified with sports

Buffalo (and as a fan of whom has NEVER gotten closer then Cape Cod MA) has often been identified with "small market, are they even a part of new york, shoudnt they be a part of Canada, its always cold, you hear the old stupid sayings"

Well New Era is NOT small market.....but the nice thing is it IS based out of the Buffalo Area

So its all about a community thing.....lifting each other up by the boot straps.

I love it.....Go bills

name isn't the issue. The cheap overnight signage is.

Everybody sees that sign whether entering or driving by the stadium. Why not show the latest selection. It looks like a billboard because it is. This is just the first step in a multi level marketing campaign. This partnership will be good for both the Bills and New Era as well as the NFL.

I get it, you just paid millions for the naming rights. But you are really going to stand there and replace the front door of the stadium with the former deceased owners name with a stupid advertisement for hats? You couldn't come up with some sort of decent logo, signage. Instead it looks like a stupid billboard off the 190.

Ralph is probably rolling over in his grave right now.

Pegula should be ashamed of himself as well. For someone who is such a pansy when he talks about his teams and his town, sure sells out like a B word.

Dude its a freaking business! Get a life

From a branding standpoint I thought that it was pretty good. They stayed true to their brand that is recognized around the world and tied it into the Bills. You would never see Mercedes-Benz use a square to promote their brand or Nike a diamond. They have built these brands up over many, many years and they don't want you to have to figure out who it is. New Era is the most famous cap company in the world. They are going to keep their brand message and marks the same in all advertising.

LOOK! I found a post that was on topic and made sense!

I love it.....Go bills

....so lightning can hit the same spot twice!