Corey Knox would "die" for another chance to play for Bills

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/24805/ex-bills-player-held-sign-pleading-for-second-chance-would-die-for-it

"I stood out there for two hours until the cops came," Knox recently told Fansided.com. "I had frost all over my face, my arms were beet red and I was frozen, but I didnt care because I wanted [team president] Russ Brandon to see, I wanted [coach] Rex [Ryan] to see, I wanted [general manager] Doug Whaley to see, I wanted every single coach who came in that day to see that nobody in or out of that team wants it more than me and I know I got my message across."

He feels like he didn't get a chance to prove himself last year and just wants a chance to get the pads on and earn a spot. They signed Felton and the Terminator and released Knox before camp even started. I don't think he's going to get a shot now that we have Gronk too. Maybe another team will see that and give him a call but all of the tryouts are done for this year so it's going to be hard at this point unless someone gets hurt

I applaud him for trying, but there are hundreds of guys who just don't make it due to talent. He was on the team for months so he had a fair evaluation. It's not like he just had a tryout for a couple of days like so many other UDFA.

This is exactly why college football athletes shouldn't make the NFL there career path. If they make it great, but they should be planning a real career, and if they make the NFL, great.

As much as I'd like to laugh I've got to admit he's sounds like one of us. A passionate fan who was (relatively) close to making it onto his team.

And he thinks Rex sucks. He would fit right in around here

I applaud him for trying, but there are hundreds of guys who just don't make it due to talent. He was on the team for months so he had a fair evaluation. It's not like he just had a tryout for a couple of days like so many other UDFA.

This is exactly why college football athletes shouldn't make the NFL there career path. If they make it great, but they should be planning a real career, and if they make the NFL, great.

I think he's a trainer at Thurman's sports performance place at Eastern Hills mall (at least he used to be). So I don't think he's necessarily homeless or anything. He just feels like he didn't get a fair shot. He thought he would have a chance to put the pads on and show what he could do but they never brought him to camp. He just worked out in the weight room for a couple of months basically. Rex signed one of his guys (the Terminator) instead so he never got a chance to show what he could do he feels.

*Edit* hes a trainer at STA in Elma now

Edited by kdiggz

Right. Also, if he really wants to play football, see if any team in the Arena leagues will give him a chance, or give the CFL a try.

These guys almost did too. Talk about commitment. All In!!

homeless_2090493b.jpg

Takes me back to going to the Aud as a kid...this around the back, "peanuts...crackerjack"...at the entrance.

Just to clarify my comment, I know many of the guys coming out in the draft have a great chance at their first contract, and so on, but whether you are an expected first round pick, or fighting to get drafted in the late rounds, you should prepare for a 30 year career post football whether that is post college, post 3 years, or 10 years in the NFL.

I applaud the guy for going after his dream, just hope he has a back up plan. All the more reason if you get drafted, after the first season, keep taking classes to get your degree if you declared after your junior year.

If I was a WR I would do that too. Brady makes even avg guys look like pro bowlers. Is Edleman even in the NFL if not for being on the Pats? Gronk is good but if he plays anywhere else is he arguably the best TE of all time and a hall of famer? Doubt it. He has 4 brothers that didn't make it so is he really that much better than them?

If I was a WR I would do that too. Brady makes even avg guys look like pro bowlers. Is Edleman even in the NFL if not for being on the Pats? Gronk is good but if he plays anywhere else is he arguably the best TE of all time and a hall of famer? Doubt it. He has 4 brothers that didn't make it so is he really that much better than them?

I think you're overestimating Brady*, and underestimating Gronk. He threw to Chandler a few times last season, and Chandler still looked like Chandler. Also, check out Gronk's drop percentage-- 0.78%. That's really low. Edelman's is a miserable 7.69%. But, what really makes Gronk special is what he does once the ball is in his hands. He'll drag three guys for seven yards before going down. Gronk makes Brady* look better more than Brady* makes Gronk look better.

Look, if he goes though with it, give a camp spot.

I agree Weo. I just read the piece on him today, and why not? One day when in Pads as he is a fullback so you can only evaluate if they are in Pads.

If for no other reason, the marketing suits can pump up his local boy tryout and see if he can outperform Little Gronk, and Felton.

Dude is passionate about football. People on TBD forums are as well. Look in the mirror before calling him a loon. If a TBD poster had well above athletic skills, they would be this guy.

The undertone of the article was football is as healthy as ever. It ain't going away anytime soon:

The way Knox views it, we’re all going to be creaky, hurting and dead one day. Might as well reach this inevitability doing something he loves.

Money quote.