RD 5, Pick 156: RB Jonathan Williams, Arkansas

@MatthewFairburn

The Buffalo Bills have selected Arkansas RB Jonathan Williams with pick No. 156 in round 5.

5 things to know about Jonathan Williams

jonathan-williams-graphic.jpg

The Bills added to their depth at running back in the 5th round by selecting Jonathan Williams from Arkansas.

Listen - Williams: "I'm ready to play again" (3:20)

Bills 5th round pick, RB Jonathan Williams out of Arkansas talks to the media about his foot injury that sidelined him for the 2015 season, his running style, and the competition he faces here in Buffalo.

Watch: Jonathan Williams Highlights (1:16)

Watch some electrifying runs from Bills' 5th Rd draft pick out of Arkansas, RB Jonathan Williams.

Yards after contact is RB Jonathan Williams calling card

williams-story-stats-graphic.jpg

Jonathan Williams did not play in 2015 due to a foot injury, but in his college career the big-bodied back proved difficult to bring down.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it - productive back to compete for a spot. I think this shows that they are still picking their highest rated player as RB was not a big need.

They probably learned for the need for depth last season when at some points they were playing RBs who had just been signed.

Just remember Karlos was considered a "head scratcher" last year. And we had to go into some games last season with Boobie Dixon and boom Herron as our top 2 RBs. This is a run based offense and they need as much good RB depth as they can fit on the roster.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Odd choice because of the depth there but he can play.

Had to take a Williams I guess...

Interesting story...Not sure why they took a RB...But whatever...There had to be at least one head scratcher... B-)

I think it's a clear sign they worry about Karlos's concussions...

2nd year in a row RB in 5th. Hopefully he does well.

The kids a major sleeper...

I really don't think the Bills needed to take a RB...But the player is a real interesting value here...There's no telling how high he could have gone with a full, healthy 2015 season... B-)

Had to take a Williams I guess...

Interesting story...Not sure why they took a RB...But whatever...There had to be at least one head scratcher... B-)

It seems to me RB is a spot like QB in that you take one every year until you hit. The difference is at RB you can take them in late rounds. Karlos' concussions are something to fear. To me it makes sense.

Whaley has gone full retard now.

You complain about every pick. I got no problem that you disagree but how about letting the rest of us know what you would of done instead based on your vast wealth of football knowledge. Otherwise it just comes off as b*tching for the sake of b*tching. Edited by gumby

You complain about every pick. I got no problem that you disagree but how about letting the rest of us know what you would of done instead based on your vast wealth of football knowledge. Otherwise it just comes off as b*thing for the sake of b*thing.

it's because he has nothing to add...some just like doing this

Like the pick. I don't think we're all that deep at RB with Shady 's age and Karlos's head. The rest of the bunch does nothing for me.

Watching Williams's highlights, he reminds me a bit of Priest Holmes (we can only hope). Kind of upright, short strider, with really nifty feet - makes quick little in-rhythm cuts look easy. I like that style a lot.

just watching some quick highlights:

great balance and speed with finishing power. Good pick.

I really am a fan of having 4 rb's on a 53 man roster. Hopefully management has learned after the last 3 years of losing two rb's in one week how important it is to be stocked at that position.

Once you get to the 5th, it's all boom or bust picks. It's no longer about need.

As it's been said, we had depth issue last year at RB and qb. Expect more picks like this for the 6th and 7th. If they pan out, great. If not, who cares

You complain about every pick. I got no problem that you disagree but how about letting the rest of us know what you would of done instead based on your vast wealth of football knowledge. Otherwise it just comes off as b*tching for the sake of b*tching.

Wrong. I am quite happy with Lawson. I have been a Whaley supporter. He deserves the benefit of the doubt but the last three picks don't help this year.

They need a WR, a SS, and an OT. Not another RB.

Wrong. I am quite happy with Lawson. I have been a Whaley supporter. He deserves the benefit of the doubt but the last three picks don't help this year.

They need a WR, a SS, and an OT. Not another RB.

Why does everyone say we need WR? Woods was hurt all year and still played. Sammy is Sammy. How many targets is any rookie from the 4th/5th round going to get? 1 per game? Meanwhile it is easy to see the RB contributing a lot.

I can see OT or SS, but unless there is someone specific you have in mind that goes between this pick and our next then it doesn't matter. Do you have someone in mind? Do they have a name?