RD 5, Pick 156: RB Jonathan Williams, Arkansas

They were getting low on Williams and he was BWA

!!

BUF.png

Jonathan Williams | RB, ArkansasHeight: 5-11 Weight: 220 Another RB to add to the stable in Buffalo, Williams has some durability concerns, but is a second-round talent if not for his recent injury. B-

2nd round, I like taking these risks this late in the draft.

Damn Whaley !

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Dragon, but the opposite point of view is once you get past the 3rd or 4th, your just looking for a steal talent and can't consider need, meaning if you do that you could just get a guy. Get talent and it will work out in time.

What if he is great in ST? What if this is insurance against Karlos who I love against concussions? I think that is overstated but we are not team doctors. What if this is a flier to use Shady for one more year and cut his big contract, as this guy turns out to be a stud?

I agree I am not a fan of a RB, b/c we seem so deep at the position, but we don't have all of the information. He does look like a very solid RB.

WE're never going to fill all of our needs so I don't want a WR, RT, Ssimply because we could use them but b/c we reached, now we cut him in training camp. Get the best guy at any position in the 5th and two 6 th picks. They will be lucky to make the team so find any stud left.

Same with UDFA next week. There will be a couple guys not drafted who will start in the NFL for some reason. These decisions really reveal what a good scouting staff you have in the Bills.

I know Dragon, but the opposite point of view is once you get past the 3rd or 4th, your just looking for a steal talent and can't consider need, meaning if you do that you could just get a guy. Get talent and it will work out in time.

What if he is great in ST? What if this is insurance against Karlos who I love against concussions? I think that is overstated but we are not team doctors. What if this is a flier to use Shady for one more year and cut his big contract, as this guy turns out to be a stud?

I agree I am not a fan of a RB, b/c we seem so deep at the position, but we don't have all of the information. He does look like a very solid RB.

WE're never going to fill all of our needs so I don't want a WR, RT, Ssimply because we could use them but b/c we reached, now we cut him in training camp. Get the best guy at any position in the 5th and two 6 th picks. They will be lucky to make the team so find any stud left.

Same with UDFA next week. There will be a couple guys not drafted who will start in the NFL for some reason. These decisions really reveal what a good scouting staff you have in the Bills.

I agree with everything you said. Your opinion is perfectly valid. I guess mine is not.

A WR or safety is just as likely or more likely to play ST's especially since the best ST player they had will likely not play again after his knee injury.

It seems like teams backed off of this guy because of his foot injury. I remember teams backing off of Thurman Thomas because of his knee injury. I am not saying Wiliams will be as good as Thurman. However, running backs don't have long careers. The Draft is always a gamble fest. 2nd team preseason All SEC? On a Bills team that needs to run the ball especially in December and especially on a team with a shaky QB situation? I like the gamble!

Yeah if a running back with that vision comes with hands he can do some things! Rawls had highest YPC amongst backs with any serious numbers of carries. I think he was over 5.5.

Agree - Spiller had the worst vision. He was a terrible RB. Great athlete. Not a football player.

Yeah if a running back with that vision comes with hands he can do some things! Rawls had highest YPC amongst backs with any serious numbers of carries. I think he was over 5.5.

I liked his effort.

Can he block ?

Agree - Spiller had the worst vision. He was a terrible RB. Great athlete. Not a football player.

This guy looks like he wear some team down. Nice change of pace runs well between the tackles.

see what happens at the NFL level though.

I can root for him though.