RD 5, Pick 156: RB Jonathan Williams, Arkansas

They may do this, they may not.... As a league or team representative I would aggressively explore offering a free transportation service to all players with no questions asked or an uber charge account, limo service, basically anything... Then in turn come down on them much more harshly for these types of offenses, once they've been made aware of the program.

It is very preventable and its in everyone's best interest to eliminate

Why? these are not 12 year olds that you need to chaperone around. They are adults and treat them like adults!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed this the first time.

I never said he wasn't guilty. I said those are the excuses I'd give as his attorney to try and get him off. But yes, the video looks bad although as you painfully know, videos can be so deceiving. But if a suspension might not come until after Karlos returns, might as well plead guilty.

Why plead guilty? Take this thing to court, get 3 or 4 continuances, and go to court after the season. I hate drunk driving like the rest of you..but re refused the breathalyser(which is smart)...i bet over half of people who refuse to take the test later are found not guilty...and that's just a guess.

They may do this, they may not.... As a league or team representative I would aggressively explore offering a free transportation service to all players with no questions asked or an uber charge account, limo service, basically anything... Then in turn come down on them much more harshly for these types of offenses, once they've been made aware of the program.

20, i know either the NFL or the NFLPA for sure used to do this. But none of the players would use it cause they felt like somehow their coaches/GMs would find out and would hurt them in contract talks.

Not sure if they still do...but they tried!

@thadbrown7

#Bills rookie Jonathan Williams speaks about his DWI arrest for 1st time. Did TMZ vid bother him? http://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/bills-running-back-jonathan-williams-opens-up-about-dwi-arrest

Jonathan Williams spoke with News 8's Thad Brown Monday for the first time since his DWI arrest in mid July.

He didn't want the "distraction" but praised the Bills for his support over the past couple weeks.

"I've learned what I can and can't do," Williams said.

Video of the arrest surfaced on TMZ soon after it happened. When asked if that was embarrassing, Williams says he stays off social media and it doesn't bother him.

I know what he'll get eventually. What I want to know is when will they decide and for which games are they going to suspend him? If it's going to be l, say in the second month of the season, Jonathan Williams should just plead guilty and he probably won't have his suspension overlap Karlos' suspension.

It'll be the first two games of next season, 2017.

they already have that as long as your'e in a city with an nfl team. it's a credit card with a number linked to a cab service and they bill the team.

I missed this the first time.

I never said he wasn't guilty. I said those are the excuses I'd give as his attorney to try and get him off. But yes, the video looks bad although as you painfully know, videos can be so deceiving. But if a suspension might not come until after Karlos returns, might as well plead guilty.

Where did you spot the deception in that video?

Where did you spot the deception in that video?

The same place I thought that I spotted it in the McCoy video, which I also said looked bad for him. And look how that turned out.

But that was just a snippet whereas here you have the whole interaction on tape and thus almost no room for argument. About the only thing that JW's attorney can now say is that there was no breathalyzer/measured BAC.

Whether he chooses to fight it or not and whether that works is anyone's guess. He's certainly entitled to, just like you, I or anyone else is. But as I've been saying since before the video came out, I expect him to get suspended for two games and wanted it to happen after KW's suspension. But since that's looking less likely, if he does plead guilty, so be it. But at no time did I say he was innocent.