QB Lynch very high priority for Bills/Jets!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BR reports that both the Bills and Jets are "extremely interested" in Lynch and would likely have to trade up to get him most likely because there are other teams that are interested in him as well.

SF (select well before the Bills in R1) and Denver (select well after the Bills in R1) could be two of those teams.

My opinion regarding this issue is that a franchise QB is a very, very difficult commodity to acquire, which Bills fans know all too well not having had one since Jim Kelly's playing days in the 1990's. If the Bills believe Lynch is a franchise QB they should do what they can to get him....within reason.

BR reports that both the Bills and Jets are "extremely interested" in Lynch and would likely have to trade up to get him most likely because there are other teams that are interested in him as well.

SF (select well before the Bills in R1) and Denver (select well after the Bills in R1) could be two of those teams.

My opinion regarding this issue is that a franchise QB is a very, very difficult commodity to acquire, which Bills fans know all too well not having had one since Jim Kelly's playing days in the 1990's. If the Bills believe Lynch is a franchise QB they should do what they can to get him....within reason.

Not going to happen at OBD.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/186044-mock-paxton-lynch/page-4?do=findComment&comment=3927713

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

@RapSheet

As storylines develop for Thursday, one to keep in mind: The #Saints had talks about moving up to No. 1 for a QB. Will they do it for Lynch?

Moving up to No. 1 proved too costly for the #Saints. If they feel strongly about Paxton Lynch, they are a team to watch late in the Top 10.

Saints DLine was ruined by Rob like ours was ruined by Rex. Saints will probably go DL, which is almost like Rob sabotaging Rex and himself. If they don't, they could go QB.

The Saints' D-line has one good player on it (Cam Jordan) and a bunch of UDFAs and scrubs. Rob Ryan did not "ruin" it.

I said last week I thought that the interest in Lynch was to make the Jets spend extra resources to get him. I think that now more than ever.

This has been my thought as well.

I said last week I thought that the interest in Lynch was to make the Jets spend extra resources to get him. I think that now more than ever.

What doesn't make sense about that is that by showing interest in Lynch they would be blowing any chance for a trade back for extra picks with the Denver Broncos. Because the Broncos would do a deal with the Colts (or whoever in front of the Bills) instead.

If we select Lynch at 19 that is a nightmare come true. If we trade up to get him I'm going to seek therapy to break away from this sunken ship. I could not think of a worse move, this would be worse than EJ. Taylor is serviceable, draft is loaded with front 7 talent ---- we are starving for front 7 talent.

Then we go an blow our wad on an overhyped project at QB. Yikes. I wonder if the defend everything crowd will still remain loyal, that's how bad a move that would be.

What doesn't make sense about that is that by showing interest in Lynch they would be blowing any chance for a trade back for extra picks with the Denver Broncos. Because the Broncos would do a deal with the Colts (or whoever in front of the Bills) instead.

they may already have an idea of what each team is willing to do and offering for moves up. These conversations don't start on draft day.

That's a good point that didn't cross my mind. Unless they are calling Denver on the side saying we are open. I guess though the Jets would be trying to jump us still.

define boat load....dropping from 19 won't get you too much

It will if a team is desperate for a QB. For a regular player I would agree. If it was the Broncos trying to jump ahead of the Jets we could get their 2nd and 3rd and 4th like what they did to jump up for Tebow

Nah, it's counter-intuitive, but teams often fake their own interest in the player that the later team is trading up for. It's odd but it happens all of the time.

Realistically, it could mean a few things. maybe the Bills really want him....maybe they don't.

They could just be trying to see if the teams that draft behind them in R1......namely the Jets, Denver, and possibly others would be willing to trade for him.

Trading up for a potential franchise QB is likely to draw more action and more draft picks than any other positional player.

I happen to think that the Bills actually like Lynch, but that Rex would prefer to try to win now by selecting top notch defensive players early in the draft and rolling the dice with TT at QB.

I'm not saying that I agree with that strategy, just that that is what Rex would prefer to do.

I don't know enough about Lynch to know if he is a possible franchise QB or not. I don't get to meet with him and watch him work out.

If I was convinced that he would be a future franchise QB I would be inclined to select him at #19 overall.

That's a good point that didn't cross my mind. Unless they are calling Denver on the side saying we are open. I guess though the Jets would be trying to jump us still.

A team determined to milk the process for picks would probably approach it this way:

You feign interest to drive up the price, and you stay in contact with the player's agent on draft night. You keep in contact and find out when your target team is starting to make inquiries about moving up. At the same time, you pick a few targeted teams and gauge interest about moving up, just to see what it would take, all-the-while letting them know that Lynch is your guy.

Then, when the time is right, you call your target move-down spot and tell them you aren't taking Lynch, but you'll move down with them as long as he's on the clock when you pick.

It's gamesmanship, but that's not far from the reality of how it gets done.

It will if a team is desperate for a QB. For a regular player I would agree. If it was the Broncos trying to jump ahead of the Jets we could get their 2nd and 3rd and 4th like what they did to jump up for Tebow

As per the Draft Value Chart, we would swap 1sts with Denver & pick up their 2nd. That's all. And that's a late 2nd.

A team determined to milk the process for picks would probably approach it this way:

You feign interest to drive up the price, and you stay in contact with the player's agent on draft night. You keep in contact and find out when your target team is starting to make inquiries about moving up. At the same time, you pick a few targeted teams and gauge interest about moving up, just to see what it would take, all-the-while letting them know that Lynch is your guy.

Then, when the time is right, you call your target move-down spot and tell them you aren't taking Lynch, but you'll move down with them as long as he's on the clock when you pick.

It's gamesmanship, but that's not far from the reality of how it gets done.

Exactly. Well done.