QB Lynch very high priority for Bills/Jets!!

I don't know anything at all about Lynch and his quality as a prospect. Having said, that I'd be a little disappointed if we took him at 19. And I would be extremely disappointed if we traded up to get him. As many others have said, we have immediate needs at other positions and we should be striving to make the playoff this year and to confirm whether or not Tyrod is the long terms answer.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will if a team is desperate for a QB. For a regular player I would agree. If it was the Broncos trying to jump ahead of the Jets we could get their 2nd and 3rd and 4th like what they did to jump up for Tebow

As long as we do not remind them what they gave up for Tebow.

The 49ers are going to take him?

I meant he'll be taken within the first 8 picks. Could be the 49'ers, could be the Browns, or could be a team like the Jets.

Edited by Doc

no. No. No. No. The worst term is "re-up"

It sends chills down my spine. Every time I hear it, it makes me want to punch a baby.

Mrags, I wonder why you shudder when you hear "re-up".

It was used in the military as the term to "re-enlist" (sign up for 6 more years in the Army or whatever branch).

The re-up concept was quite distasteful to some soldiers because they were not there voluntarily. This was the Vietnam era when the draft was still in effect. I can't imagine why the term "re-up" in a football sense would bug you, but everybody has their buttons.

Personally, I find the expression "I just threw up in my mouth a little" to be pretty foul, but some people like to express themselves that way.

Off topic a bit, but hey, that's life.

saints have met with him more than any other player. in years past the guys that they seem enamored with have been the pick. it could be an interesting move to take him, and maybe let brees walk.

I hope the Saints or any other team ahead of the Bills take him. Push the defensive talent available down one more spot.

I think Lynch will go much earlier than most people here expect. Rare size and physical ability. Who knows about the rest. I don't think the Bills will want to trade the necessary assets to move up and take him if that is what it would take to get him.

Sounds like Cardale Jones and he's a 3rd/4th rounder in a sane world.

As per the Draft Value Chart, we would swap 1sts with Denver & pick up their 2nd. That's all. And that's a late 2nd.

Nah, that wouldn't be all. The 2nd rounder is basically a 3rd rounder. They would have to include more picks or a desired player or a high pick in next years draft. I don't see Whaley dropping 12 spots to get pick 60 something. Especially as the Broncos would be trading up for a QB. It might not be much more, but it would be more.

Bills trade down from #19 with the Cleveland Browns, who jump ahead of the Jets.

Bills get Rd 2, pick1 (32) and Rd 3, pick 2 (65) and Rd 4 pick1 (99).

No way. If the Bills have to drop out of round 1 the Browns better be getting up off of both 3rd rounders they have. 65 and 77. Bills already have two fourths. The value in 2nd and 3rd round is good. And the Browns get taxed for dropping the Bills back into the 2nd round and for the QB.

True Accuracy metric....

This year's class doesn't challenge the very best numbers in this category. Wentz and Goff are neck and neck on this, but Lynch eclipses both. While scouts have questioned how often Lynch stuck to short passes -- he threw 42 percent of passes less than 5 yards, compared to 36.4 percent for Goff and 29.3 for Wentz -- this stat accounts for the distance of his passes, and he still comes out on top.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15232186/a-closer-look-top-nfl-draft-qb-prospects-carson-wentz-jared-goff

This could be very interesting. I had mentioned previously that Lynch was the real deal and that the Bills were setting a smokescreen by talking about taking other players.

Hopefully smoke that gets a team to trade up with us so we can get more picks. the more I think about Lynch the more I don't like him. He has the "potential" but needs A LOT of work to be NFL ready.

saints have met with him more than any other player. in years past the guys that they seem enamored with have been the pick. it could be an interesting move to take him, and maybe let brees walk.

they better let him sit behind Brees for a couple yrs.

If they draft Lynch, then I've never wanted to be wrong about a player more in my entire life.

right :lol:

If he's there at 19 we can trade back and get a boat load of picks. We could get a starting LB, DL, and QB with our first 3 picks!

If we select Lynch at 19 that is a nightmare come true. If we trade up to get him I'm going to seek therapy to break away from this sunken ship. I could not think of a worse move, this would be worse than EJ. Taylor is serviceable, draft is loaded with front 7 talent ---- we are starving for front 7 talent.

Then we go an blow our wad on an overhyped project at QB. Yikes. I wonder if the defend everything crowd will still remain loyal, that's how bad a move that would be.

Not really, we have two probowl DTs, a good Rusher in Hughes with solid ends. We could use another pass rusher but it's not the end of the world

Take a good player at 19 and let the Jets deal with Lynch. That's a win win scenario. I don't see why Denver would overpay to move up when they could stay put and take a more pro ready QB like Cook. Cook could challenge Sanchez sooner, Lynch is going to need time and a few visits to the Wizard of Oz.

Hey that's my QB!

I'm 100% certain that the Bills will not take Lynch at 19. IF someone likes him & believes the nyj are interested then we have a trade partner & we move back. IF the move back is to 28-31 the Bills will take a QB whether Cook or Hackenberg if one is still there. Getting that 5th year on a "developmental" QB is extremely important. IF the move back is into the second round don't be surprised to see them jump back into 1 for the same reason.