Liberal Protests

B-Man

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Did you not read what I wrote? I’m waiting for evidence to come out before I come to conclusions. You, however, have already appeared to make up your mind based on your predetermined narrative that cops love shooting unarmed black men in the back. See the difference? (That’s another rhetorical question, BTW)

I think the statistics and evidence are in place to indicate that there is a problem in America, and in my country too,  in which visible minorities are dying at the hands of the police force at a rate much greater than Caucasians. The gentleman in question was shot in the back 7 times in front of his kids. 7 times is absolute overkill and denying that is ridiculous. So, my “predetermined narrative” does seem to have some substance behind it.

I understand that I have dropped into the world of the right wing, anti-BLM folk here on PPP. I should probably just go back to my liberal and generally friendlier group on the stadium wall and avoid this place. Sorry for interrupting. Continue on with your banter. Q will drop some knowledge for you later, so be sure to prepare. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

I think the statistics and evidence are in place to indicate that there is a problem in America, and in my country too,  in which visible minorities are dying at the hands of the police force at a rate much greater than Caucasians. The gentleman in question was shot in the back 7 times in front of his kids. 7 times is absolute overkill and denying that is ridiculous. So, my “predetermined narrative” does seem to have some substance behind it.

I understand that I have dropped into the world of the right wing, anti-BLM folk here on PPP. I should probably just go back to my liberal and generally friendlier group on the stadium wall and avoid this place. Sorry for interrupting. Continue on with your banter. Q will drop some knowledge for you later, so be sure to prepare. 

So, you are running away without providing statistics to back up your assertion? Hmmm...is it because the actual objective statistics dont back up your POV? Nice deflection, though...”this must be a case of cops misbehaving because I believe that cops misbehave”. LMAO. What a joke. 

Seven times is “absolute overkill”, eh? Yet, the guy isn’t dead....weird.....

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Blacks are not getting shot more often than whites in similar instances.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Dont want to get shot by a cop. Follow these simple 3 rules.

1. Dont commit a crime.

2. If you commit a crime and have a a warrant for your arrest and are approached by police, do not resist and obey their commands.

3. If you didn't commit any crimes and are approached by police do not resist and obey their commands.

Unfortunately this world is full of stupid people.

• Like (+1) 5

58 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The shoutbox is definitely a safe space for you. Facts and statistics don't back your case and that's common there. Anecdotes do. I hope you cried as many tears for Cannon.

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

I had a neighbor tell me today that antifa is a right wing Trump supporting terrorist group. How can you have a conversation with someone who has no clue what the hell they're talking about?

Obviously and wisely your neighbor views the American left as Fascists. 

26 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

According to some sources large groups carrying “long rifles” are slowly converging on Kenosha.

Wouldn't surprise me.  Kenosha is not far for areas of great self sufficiency and those willing to solve problems themselves. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

I had a neighbor tell me today that antifa is a right wing Trump supporting terrorist group. How can you have a conversation with someone who has no clue what the hell they're talking about?

You really can't. Like the loony leftists posting here, its a lost cause. The only potential reason to hold a conversation with someone like this would be if there are others within earshot. You'll never talk sense to a person this far gone, but you may influence a sensible third party who happens to listen in.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Blacks are not getting shot more often than whites in similar instances.

That's true but police use non lethal excessive force more against black people than white people.  It's less likely to draw scrutiny or gain media attention.  It's part of the reason there's such a deep mistrust between black people and the police so when a shooting like this occurs you see an outpouring of frustration leading to looting and rioting like you're seeing now.  

I think holding officers accountable for using excessive force (choke holds, pushing them to the ground, striking them with a baton, etc.) is a starting point for real policy change.  Unfortunately, the "code of silence" still runs rampant among police departments.  I'm highly skeptical that any meaningful change happens any time soon.

9 hours ago, bdutton said:

Dont want to get shot by a cop. Follow these simple 3 rules.

1. Dont commit a crime.

2. If you commit a crime and have a a warrant for your arrest and are approached by police, do not resist and obey their commands.

3. If you didn't commit any crimes and are approached by police do not resist and obey their commands.

Unfortunately this world is full of stupid people.

4. People on drugs or drinking don't have good judgment.  So don't drive while under the influence.

Also, you might think the cops stopped you for no good reason or just to hassle you and you might be right but don't try to practice law and the application of probable cause in the streets.  If you get arrested and charged with something the courts are the place for that.  Telling the cops they have no reason to stop you after they stop you invites a confrontation that you most likely will lose.  I've been pulled over in traffic stops where I wasn't breaking any law.  They asked for my license and registration, ran it, found both were clean, and that was the end of it.         

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I've seen disturbing reports that two people were killed last night during the riots in Kenosha.  What the left-leaning politicians pandering to all this think its accomplishing except to re-elect Trump isn't clear.    

Excellent post. I’m not really sure where Chuck and Nancy are going with this. If ‘silence is violence’ those two clowns are the poster children for domestic destruction. These people are completely out of ideas. It’s devolved into a full blown temper tantrum. 

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Excellent post. I’m not really sure where Chuck and Nancy are going with this. If ‘silence is violence’ those two clowns are the poster children for domestic destruction. These people are completely out of ideas. It’s devolved into a full blown temper tantrum. 

I think they wanted the feds (Trump) to go full live rounds on citizens.  That hasn't happened, and the movement is now spinning out of control.

16 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

I think they wanted the feds (Trump) to go full live rounds on citizens.  That hasn't happened, and the movement is now spinning out of control.

Yup.  Or at least some type of excessive use of force.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

After hockey for sure! Think we will ever play again? I’ve been riding my bike to stay in shape, but I want to score a goal! Lol 

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Jacob Blake protests: Kenosha police hunt for suspect with long gun after 2 killed, 1 wounded in unrest

Investigators probing whether the shooting was linked to 'self-styled militias guarding a gas station,' a report said

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jacob-blake-kenosha-wisconsin-protest-shooting-militia

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

After hockey for sure! Think we will ever play again? I’ve been riding my bike to stay in shape, but I want to score a goal! Lol 

People are already playing pickup games in WNY rinks (shhh).  Just have to get dressed at home mini-mite style and drive to the rink.  And no showers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's true but police use non lethal excessive force more against black people than white people.  It's less likely to draw scrutiny or gain media attention.  It's part of the reason there's such a deep mistrust between black people and the police so when a shooting like this occurs you see an outpouring of frustration leading to looting and rioting like you're seeing now.  

I think holding officers accountable for using excessive force (choke holds, pushing them to the ground, striking them with a baton, etc.) is a starting point for real policy change.  Unfortunately, the "code of silence" still runs rampant among police departments.  I'm highly skeptical that any meaningful change happens any time soon.

Are black males disproportionately responsible for the commission of violent crime? Are black males more likely to violently resist? If both if those are true, would that give context as to why law enforcement is more likely to use force while arresting black males? Do the people that resist lawful detention/arrest have any responsibility when force is then used against them?

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Like (+1) 3